Inse mat haarna....

MechEng

11 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Not sure why there is so much pressure from fans and explayers/coaches to win this game.  

They're a better side at present and the pressure should be on them to justify that #1 ranking. 

Agreed. Even cricinfo was calling India "favorites" and I was just scratching my head.  Just seems like Pak has been playing much better in ODIs for a while now. That doesn't mean they'll win, but if someone were betting with their heads rather than hearts, they would put money on Pak.

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

These things bring unnecessary pressure. Under MSD and then later under Kohli-Shastri regime, this 90s mindset of "Bas Inse Mat Haarna..." was long gone. But everything changed since that Wt20 game in 2021...this paranoia about facing Pakistan is coming back.

More than paranoia, it's that image of Kohli laughing it up after an embarrassing loss in 2017. Can't get over it just yet.

I just want a Sohail/Prasad moment with Zaman/Siraj or Zaman/Bumrah.

3 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Win against PAK is tough. Back in the day when they were just a gifted but unprofessional side, it was easier to beat them by maintaining your discipline. 

Now, they are probably more professional than we are. That middle order might be a bit wonky when Babar and Rizwan come together against spin but their issues are nothing compared to ours.

Gap is narrow but we do have a full strength bowling attack after a long time.   I just hope we don't play Shami over Siraj.  Siraj has got to play. 

I think in 2022 T20WC & before that in Asia Cup Pakistan faced a below par Team India.  We still came up with 2 wins in 3 games in a format which is strong suit of Pakistan.. 

We have the players this time to beat them provided we don't get bogged down like in last 3 games. 

I don't think anyone is favorite...  Pakistan has an edge coz they have  been playing in SL in last 2 months. 

I have started growing positive since I saw Pakistan against against Afghanistan and Nepal. Both had Pakistan batting in lurch, they allowed to get them away with poor fielding, dropped catches.

The game revolves around the first 12-14 overs burst from their pace trio. Just tread that carefully and we will win 90% chance.

If India play like chumps and lose. ICF and SM pe bajao sabki. :police:

If India play well and win. Mauj kardi :rock:

If Pak play like chumps and lose. Start auditions for Mauka Mauka version 439 :thinking:

If the game gets rained out. Enjoy Chai/Coffee/any other beverage of choice + pakoda/tikka etc.

Chuckte Raho

TC

Edited by Throwaib_Chuckter
27 minutes ago, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

If India play like chumps and lose. ICF and SM pe bajao sabki. :police:

If India play well and win. Mauj kardi :rock:

If Pak play like chumps and lose. Start auditions for Mauka Mauka version 439 :thinking:

If the game gets rained out. Enjoy Chai/Coffee/any other beverage of choice + pakoda/tikka etc.

Chuckte Raho

TC

What if India play well, but get inched out because of some dumb luck shyt happening?

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

What if India play well, but get inched out because of some dumb luck shyt happening?

Well, then we wake up and smell the Chai/Coffee/any other beverage of choice; gulp it down with the fact that its a sport and dumb luck shyt happens. :dontknow:

Life goes on..............

Chuckte Raho

TC

Edited by Throwaib_Chuckter
6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Win or lose, just hammer Shadab, one thing to be owned by their world class quicks, but since 2021 T20 WC we have made Shadab look like Warne, unacceptable. Iyer, if he survives their quicks can end Shadab's career the same way how Viru ended Saqlain's career in Multan. 

Saqlain's knees were finished well before that. Flattest pitch in the world didn't help either.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Gap is narrow but we do have a full strength bowling attack after a long time.   I just hope we don't play Shami over Siraj.  Siraj has got to play. 

I think in 2022 T20WC & before that in Asia Cup Pakistan faced a below par Team India.  We still came up with 2 wins in 3 games in a format which is strong suit of Pakistan.. 

We have the players this time to beat them provided we don't get bogged down like in last 3 games. 

I don't think anyone is favorite...  Pakistan has an edge coz they have  been playing in SL in last 2 months. 

But our batsmen that did well in Lanka (Abdullah and Saud) wont be in the XI.

Personally I'd pick them over Fakhar and Chacha.

3 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

More than paranoia, it's that image of Kohli laughing it up after an embarrassing loss in 2017. Can't get over it just yet.

I just want a Sohail/Prasad moment with Zaman/Siraj or Zaman/Bumrah.

I don't think Fakhar will ever do what Sohail did. Doesn't seem like that kind of a person.