Inse mat haarna....

MechEng

With the auspicious days of Janmaashtami and Ganesh Chaturthi coming up shortly, I wish the Indian cricket team all the best and hoping that they receive Sri Krishna's wisdom along with Lord Ganesha's ability to overcome obstacles when they play Pakistan this coming Saturday.

It would have been more auspicious if we play Pakistan on their home turf, defeating them would be symbolic of winning the Mahabharat war against Kauravs.

All the best team India...

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Rain the likely weather, BBC forecast getting more grim as the match approaches.

The forecast was bad yesterday too but we got a full match. I was listening to Nikhil Naaz yesterday who is in Kandy, he said that the rain is more colombo centric. It does rain in Kandy but in patches. Colombo is getting a lot of rain. We have a lot of matches in Colombo too. We might have a match in Kandy but I'm not hopeful of Colombo. 

5 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

The forecast was bad yesterday too but we got a full match. I was listening to Nikhil Naaz yesterday who is in Kandy, he said that the rain is more colombo centric. It does rain in Kandy but in patches. Colombo is getting a lot of rain. We have a lot of matches in Colombo too. We might have a match in Kandy but I'm not hopeful of Colombo. 

Thank you Jay Shah for successfully ruining another tournament

RSS Makes Its Stand Clear On Amit Shah's Son, Jay Shah

24 minutes ago, MechEng said:

With the auspicious days of Janmaashtami and Ganesh Chaturthi coming up shortly, I wish the Indian cricket team all the best and hoping that they receive Sri Krishna's wisdom along with Lord Ganesha's ability to overcome obstacles when they play Pakistan this coming Saturday.

It would have been more auspicious if we play Pakistan on their home turf, defeating them would be symbolic of winning the Mahabharat war against Kauravs.

All the best team India...

Ravan ki lanka mai hai match...  Couldn't be more apt than this. 

Shaheen is Meghnada...  Get through him & we win. 

We totally crushed them in the last Asia Cup with our average bowlers like Avesh Khan, Chahal, and Bhuvi leading the attack. But this time, we've got a stronger bowling lineup, and our batsmen are no slouches either. It looks like a walk in the park for us. When it comes to ODIs, weak Pakistan vs. India isn't even a competition. I'd be more concerned about facing teams like Bangladesh, Afghanistan, or Sri Lanka because they have a more impressive spin bowling attack compared to Shadad and Nawaz, who are just good-for-nothing against India.

1 minute ago, Downtown said:

We totally crushed them in the last Asia Cup with our average bowlers like Avesh Khan, Chahal, and Bhuvi leading the attack. But this time, we've got a stronger bowling lineup, and our batsmen are no slouches either. It looks like a walk in the park for us. When it comes to ODIs, weak Pakistan vs. India isn't even a competition. I'd be more concerned about facing teams like Bangladesh, Afghanistan, or Sri Lanka because they have a more impressive spin bowling attack compared to Shadad and Nawaz, who are just good-for-nothing against India.

I'm concerned about our batting. It has the potential to be 150 a. o. 

7 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

I'm concerned about our batting. It has the potential to be 150 a. o. 

Just think back to the last ODI against them when we had Rahul, Dhoni, Vijay Shankar, and Jadhav in our lineup. It's hard to deny how lackluster that team looked, right? Now, compare that to our current batting lineup: We've got Gill, the in-form Kishan, Iyer, Sky, and Tilak, who are at least twice as good as Rahul and the past-his-prime Dhoni. Plus, with Kohli on our side, their bowling will feel like a walk in the park.

I don't get why we're stressing about Pakistan, especially in ODIs. I can see the worry in T20s because that format can swing either way, but when it comes to ODIs, we've got them beat 10 out of 10 times. We're crushing them! Mark my words! 

Win against PAK is tough. Back in the day when they were just a gifted but unprofessional side, it was easier to beat them by maintaining your discipline. 

Now, they are probably more professional than we are. That middle order might be a bit wonky when Babar and Rizwan come together against spin but their issues are nothing compared to ours.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

:facepalm:

We laugh at poyzz for unnecessarily bringing religion into all this but now are doing it ourselves.

It's merely just a sport played with wooden sticks and leather balls. Calm down!!

Balak......main samajhta hoon ki yeh kali yug ka zamaana hain, aur tum jaise nastik ki kami nahin iss duniya mein...

Lekin....Sri Krishna ki kripa tum pe hamesha bani rahegi, aur ussi kripa se Pakistan ke khilaf humko jeet milegi...

Edited by MechEng
16 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

These things bring unnecessary pressure. Under MSD and then later under Kohli-Shastri regime, this 90s mindset of "Bas Inse Mat Haarna..." was long gone. But everything changed since that Wt20 game in 2021...this paranoia about facing Pakistan is coming back.

Nah it was always there. I can remember even in 2015 WC, the feeling was same that We should beat Pakistan only, wc is very far from our reach specially the we had fared in Australia tour prior to that wc winning grand total of Zero Match, hell we didn't even win practice match of 2015 wc. Same in 2016 wt20. It is that during those times, it was more of a pessimism rather than nervousness which is involved with current side which is depleted weak Indian team.

22 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

These things bring unnecessary pressure. Under MSD and then later under Kohli-Shastri regime, this 90s mindset of "Bas Inse Mat Haarna..." was long gone. But everything changed since that Wt20 game in 2021...this paranoia about facing Pakistan is coming back.

That was a heartbreaking moment, Shaheen getting N0hit lbw and Kela clean bowled felt like kaikeyi sending Lord Ram to exile....

Chinta ki zaroorat nahin, hum Pakistan ko phir harayenge Modiji ke ghar mein aur Diwali saath mein le kar ayenge uss jeet se.