India 15 member squad for the World Cup announced

deepdynamo

35 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How is so called great selector Ajit Agarkar done differently from a guy like MSK prassad in 2019.

There is no injection of youth in the squad.Having few youngsters who have not faced continuous failures in big spots like these old guys was so important.

Why select players who offer same things.

They refuse to initiate the transition. I bet the pressure is from the sponsors and IPL teams.  India has this perennial issue of delying transition.

32 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How is so called great selector Ajit Agarkar done differently from a guy like MSK prassad in 2019.

There is no injection of youth in the squad.Having few youngsters who have not faced continuous failures in big spots like these old guys was so important.

Why select players who offer same things.

TBH...Agarkar had no time.

Within couple of months he has WC, if he chooses a squad with some new guys and if India lose the WC (which we might), Agarkar & co will be blamed by all the PR machinery.

We may see the changes only after the WC...not before that. Till that time, I am giving him a pass as it seems this 15 is choice of Dravid and Rohit.

As Vikrant Gupta explained...Rohit and Dravid are on a train which is travelling from New Delhi to Mumbai Central..and Agarkar has climbed on that train at Borivali ..he has no time to cover the delay.

1 minute ago, singhvivek141 said:

TBH...Agarkar had no time.

Within couple of months he has WC, if he chooses a squad with some new guys and if India lose the WC (which we might), Agarkar & co will be blamed by all the PR machinery.

We may see the changes only after the WC...not before that. Till that time, I am giving him a pass as it seems this 15 is choice of Dravid and Rohit.

As Vikrant Gupta explained...Rohit and Dravid are on a train which is travelling from New Delhi to Mumbai Central..and Agarkar has climbed on that train at Borivali ..he has no time to cover the delay.

We need to get this straight , who is incharge of selection.

There is no rule that only experienced players have to play. if I was Ajit Agarkar  my name is going as a person selecting this world cup squad.I will select players who I think are more important.

See we are talking about this PR machinery since 2017.It was Kohli and Shastri before and it is Rohit and Dravid now.

Names have changed but it is same excuse.

In 2019 MSK atleast had excuse of injuries to  Dhawan and that 3D player Shankar.

You cannot be selector and select players who offer same thing. If Rohit and Dravid are the issues then let Ajit Agarkar speak out now.

17 minutes ago, putrevus said:

There is no rule that only experienced players have to play. if I was Ajit Agarkar  my name is going as a person selecting this world cup squad.I will select players who I think are more important.

See we are talking about this PR machinery since 2017.It was Kohli and Shastri before and it is Rohit and Dravid now.

In 2019 MSK atleast had excuse of injuries to  Dhawan and that 3D player Shankar.

You cannot be selector and select players who offer same thing. If Rohit and Dravid are the issues then let Ajit Agarkar speak out now.

I think it was clear...selectors are responsible for selection of the players, but their decision is heavily influenced by the Coach & Captain. I think this changed in 2012 when Amarnath wanted to remove MS from Test Captaincy post 0-8, but Srini mama used his veto and threw Amarnath out.

Now it depends if selectors really want to push someone then they can overturn the coach and captain's suggestion. But this close to WC, Agarkar has no choice but to go with what Dravid and Co say.

And yes, Agarkar can speak about the pressure from coach & cap. But he can only do it internally and not in press considering how much censorship BCCI applies these days. Even the questions asked in press meetings are heavily censored

18 minutes ago, putrevus said:

One has to get players ready for certain roles, for a period of atleast 3 months if not more, before selecting them for big tournaments.

Names X, Y or Z mean nothing unless they have been tried in certain roles for a decent length of time. 

That is the professional approach for selecting and preparing new players for big tournaments.  

Yes another sh!t squad from cr@p BCCI. As usual, safe team that is pretty much guaranteed to lose. 

Thank you BCCI for not wasting my time this time. I will probably just skip the WC and wait for the time when BCCI develops some balls to actually put a competent squad instead of ageing old stars or "never performed brand marketing made up" stars like KL. 

23 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I think it was clear...selectors are responsible for selection of the players, but their decision is heavily influenced by the Coach & Captain. I think this changed in 2012 when Amarnath wanted to remove MS from Test Captaincy post 0-8, but Srini mama used his veto and threw Amarnath out.

Now it depends if selectors really want to push someone then they can overturn the coach and captain's suggestion. But this close to WC, Agarkar has no choice but to go with what Dravid and Co say.

And yes, Agarkar can speak about the pressure from coach & cap. But he can only do it internally and not in press considering how much censorship BCCI applies these days. Even the questions asked in press meetings are heavily censored

So  if I understand you correctly, Ajit Agarkar is  not being given a chance to select his squad. It does not take rocket science to see they have two extra players who offer the same thing, Axar and KL Rahul.  They both need to go and get two other players to give more variety. If he cannot do it then why remain a selector

So he is just a rubber stamp? Jimmy made it very clear that Srini was behind Dhoni continuing as a captain.

Ajit agarkar can do the same as Jimmy.Or he is just a pencil pusher who is just holding the job to get his money.If that is the case , let us no sing his virtues as a great selector.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Indian squad for the WC has not been selected yet.

It will be done tomorrow. 

Don't worry. It will be the same as you posted :cantstop:

Can't expect any better. 

It would have been great had they picked someone like Yashasvi, but alas that will not happen. 

42 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One has to get players ready for certain roles, for a period of atleast 3 months if not more, before selecting them for big tournaments.

Names X, Y or Z mean nothing unless they have been tried in certain roles for a decent length of time. 

That is the professional approach for selecting and preparing new players for big tournaments.  

Three months is just an arbitary number you are throwing out. IMO these days it is not necessary. Asia cup is here, guys like Prasidh and Tilak are in the squad. What is the need to remove them.

Why are we giving a guy who is just coming back from injury in KL rahul such importance. I can understand if it was Rohit , Kohli or Bumrah.

Why is KL Rahul  so special that he needs to be rushed from injury, what has he done in a decade to warrant that special status.

Axar and Jadeja don't belong in the same squad.Choose one it is not that hard.

Edited by putrevus
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

So  if I understand you correctly, Ajit Agarkar is  not being given a chance to select his squad. It does not take rocket science to see they have two extra players who offer the same thing, Axar and KL Rahul.  They both need to go and get two other players to give more variety. If he cannot do it then why remain a selector

So he is just a rubber stamp? Jimmy made it very clear that Srini was behind Dhoni continuing as a captain.

Ajit agarkar can do the same as Jimmy.Or he is just a pencil pusher who is just holding the job to get his money.If that is the case , let us no sing his virtues as a great selector.

How many of us do that in our lives? Jimmy spoke up because he was removed. I doubt he would have said those openly had Srini allowed him to stay.

Agarkar is a BCCI employee first and then the selector, no one will try to hold the bull with his horns.

Btw..my point mostly was that Agarkar don't have enough time/games given to experiment new players. Hence he has no choice but to stay conservative and choose a squad accordingly. He seems to me as a sensible person, so I would still give him some more time before judging on his decisions. But at this moment, he is doing exactly what anyone of us predicted long back.

6 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

How many of us do that in our lives? Jimmy spoke up because he was removed. I doubt he would have said those openly had Srini allowed him to stay.

Agarkar is a BCCI employee first and then the selector, no one will try to hold the bull with his horns.

Btw..my point mostly was that Agarkar don't have enough time/games given to experiment new players. Hence he has no choice but to stay conservative and choose a squad accordingly. He seems to me as a sensible person, so I would still give him some more time before judging on his decisions. But at this moment, he is doing exactly what anyone of us predicted long back.

But Jimmy forced his hand so much that he was removed?

Do you think Agarkar will not survive if he does not get his salary as a selector for three years?He does not have to do anything if answer is no, he simply has to quit.

Doing changes after world cup if India flops is not a big deal  IMO.

No one would bash Agarkar if he had said KL Rahul needs time and we don't feel he will be ready for world cup but he does not trust Kishen enough  to give out that statement. Samething with Axar, Axar is not that important to be selected over guy like Tilak Verma.