How should fans react on the gross mismanagement by Jay Shah in organizing Asia cup?

Austin 3:!6

10 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

When you didnt't understand what I was trying to say it's not on me not having made an 'objective argument' which doesn't really mean anything in this instance since it's not a question pf subjectivity or objectivity. Suggest you learn to think and then read and write properly instead of depending on an Ai very often does what you say ie engaging in circumlocution without making any clear point. 

If the 'you suck' point is pertinent to the discussion then it doesn't matter that it wasn't a long winded argument. 

maybe you can dumb it down for me. What is your argument? 
again, attacking me is not a fair argument. 

16 minutes ago, putrevus said:

There is no victim hood, it is very clear from BCCI  and Indian govt. India should not be doing more than it needs to do as far as Pakistan and PCB are concerned .

Your guys like Najam Seths is playing to your crowds.

"How disappointing! Rain mars the greatest contest in cricket. But this was forecast. As PCB Chair, I urged the ACC to play in UAE but poor excuses were made to accommodate Sri Lanka. Too hot in Dubai, they said. But it was as hot when the Asia Cup was played there last time in Sep 2022 or when IPL was played there in April 2014 and Sep 2020. Politics over sport. Unforgivable!"

Again, you’re reacting to a reaction of a reaction of a reaction of a reaction. 

Step back and get a bigger perspective on this. 

Lot of Pakistani were excited to host the Asia cup in Pakistan and that right was taken away right? So obv there will be hurt and resentment. 

9 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

Again, you’re reacting to a reaction of a reaction of a reaction of a reaction. 

Step back and get a bigger perspective on this. 

Lot of Pakistani were excited to host the Asia cup in Pakistan and that right was taken away right? So obv there will be hurt and resentment. 

There is no bigger perpective that is what you are not understanding. What Pakistan public think is not important.

Pakistani public if they want change ,they should start from changing their govt and their anti India sentiment. Till then Indian team does not need to play in Pakistan.

So Pakistan , PCB and its public need to stop playing victims.

Edited by putrevus
19 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

I'm eagerly awaiting the credible source for these statistics. It's troubling how misinformation spreads so effortlessly. The claim of 50% Hindus in Karachi is astonishing; do you genuinely believe this? You should visit Karachi; the Hindu community here thrives with a significant presence in businesses like pharmaceuticals and big-box retail. They proudly contribute to the city's prosperity, and we even celebrate festivals like Holi together with friends. Many of my best friends are Hindus growing up we hung out everyday in Karachi.

@rollingstoned it’s chatgbt again  

Karachi was Hindu Sindhi, gujarati dominated city, Sindhi Muslims were rural folks, only after partition did urdu speaking muhajirs arrive, source right here minority nationalism in South Asia. https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=6bGMAQAAQBAJ&pg=PA141&dq=karachi+hindu+pop+before+partition&hl=en&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&source=gb_mobile_search&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiCt5-IvpGBAxUkUkEAHScnBh4Q6AF6BAgMEAM#v=onepage&q=karachi hindu pop before partition&f=false

40 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Topic is about Jay Shah

3 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Guys - pls stay on topic. This is not a thread to discuss Pakistan

Happy to stick to the topic. 
But id appreciate sharing the last response to the statistic shared to clarify misinformation. 

Edited by Sharjah-Harjah

All Members Were Hesistant To Commit To Pakistan: Jay Shah Hits Back At Najam Sethi's Asia Cup Claims

Story by Times Now Digital 1d

all members were hesistant to commit to pakistan: jay shah hits back at najam sethi's asia cup 2023 claims

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary and Asian Cricket Council Chairman Jay Shah offered a strong response to ex-Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Najam Sethi's allegations over the hosting rights for the 2023 Asia Cup.

With rain causing major problems in the 2023 Asia Cup, Sethi has taken major digs at Shah's hosting arrangement for the continental showpiece tournament. The veteran cricket administrator was at the helm of the PCB from December 2022 to June 2023. It was during this tournament, after lengthy discussions, that the decision to host the Asia Cup in the hybrid model was taken.

Shah revealed that all stakeholders were hesitating about playing the tournament in Pakistan. He also pointed out that constant changes in leadership at the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) were a major hurdle. The BCCI secretary explained the challenges of hosting the competition in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

"All the full members, media rights holder, and in-stadia rights holders were initially hesitant to commit to hosting the entire tournament in Pakistan. This reluctance stemmed from concerns related to the security and economic situation prevailing in the country.

"In my capacity as ACC President, I was committed to finding a viable and mutually agreeable solution. To this end, I had accepted the hybrid model that was proposed by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in collaboration with the ACC management. However, it's important to note that the leadership of the PCB underwent several changes, and this resulted in some back-and-forth negotiations, particularly regarding crucial aspects such as tax exemption and insurance for matches," said Jay Shah in a statement to the media.

"The Asia Cup 2022 edition was played in the UAE in the T20 format. It's important to emphasize that the dynamics of a T20 tournament cannot be directly compared to those of a 100-over One-day format. In this context, ACC members received feedback from their respective high-performance teams, expressing concerns about playing One-day matches in the UAE in the month of September. Such a schedule could have potentially led to player fatigue and an increased risk of injuries, particularly right before the all-important ICC Cricket World Cup.

18 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

What is need for a 2-day gap ? Weekend crowd

Asia cup has the worst scheduling for Ind games. Bsdk chewtiya shah. Why Pak gets to play so many matches. They have already played 3 without much gaps. Ind played on Mon and play Pak on Sunday after 5 days. BC... Saale mauj masti tournament hai. Same *up happened in T20 WC when we played N after 5 days. I blame the players. They have full influence on scheduling as well. They just don't want to play. Period. 

Raining in Colombo since last night. Players enjoying the scenary, pool, food, gossips, gym... All well paid. 

4 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

Asia cup has the worst scheduling for Ind games. Bsdk chewtiya shah. Why Pak gets to play so many matches. They have already played 3 without much gaps. Ind played on Mon and play Pak on Sunday after 5 days. BC... Saale mauj masti tournament hai. Same *up happened in T20 WC when we played N after 5 days. I blame the players. They have full influence on scheduling as well. They just don't want to play. Period. 

Raining in Colombo since last night. Players enjoying the scenary, pool, food, gossips, gym... All well paid. 

ICC and other boards want to schedule India matches only on weekends or prime-time for IST to maximize the TV revenue for Indian advertisers. The T20 matches in WI started at 10 am ( :woot: ) so it will be 7:30 pm in India for TV audience. It’s not that players want rest on weekdays, it is by the boards. 

46 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

ICC and other boards want to schedule India matches only on weekends or prime-time for IST to maximize the TV revenue for Indian advertisers. The T20 matches in WI started at 10 am ( :woot: ) so it will be 7:30 pm in India for TV audience. It’s not that players want rest on weekdays, it is by the boards. 

Being an Indian i shouldn't say this, but I hope BCCI and Jay Shah pays a very heavy price for polluting the sport, they have commercialized the sport so much that the sport in itself has taken a back seat, money and brand value dictates who plays whom and where. JAY SHAH has absolutely destroyed the chastity of the sport and made cricket his keep. He's playing with the sentiments of the cricket lovers, I hope he gets destroyed for his actions.