Breaking: India to be renamed as Bharat

rangeelaraja

23 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Anyways back to the thread....  It is a useless time consuming poltical distraction...  Anyone who says otherwise is clearly biased or is deliberately pushing fake agenda. 

Khul ke aao at least:hysterical:

You don’t even know for sure if it is all the reason for the special session. It’s all mere speculation. It was triggered by the G20 invite, maybe they want to test waters. So, who opposes in public can be called anti-India etc. Eventually nothing happens, but the division and people opposing will be remembered and sorted out!! Yaad rakkha jayega for 2024!! 

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You don’t even know for sure if it is all the reason for the special session. It’s all mere speculation. It was triggered by the G20 invite, maybe they want to test waters. So, who opposes in public can be called anti-India etc. Eventually nothing happens, but the division and people opposing will be remembered and sorted out!! Yaad rakkha jayega for 2024!! 

I hope they are testing waters... Coz this involves serious debate among stake holders...  As a special parliament session is needed. 

A amendment in constitution cannot be issued unilaterally without proper discussion on it. 

1 hour ago, bowl_out said:

Wasn't Bharat the historical name of Northern India? What was South India called then? Choza nadu, Chera nadu, Pandya nadu etc?

Who says so? From as old as Vishnu Purana:’

उत्तरं यत्समुद्रस्य: हिमाद्रेश्चैव दक्षिणम् ।
वर्षं तद् भारतं नाम: भारती यत्र संततिः ।।

The country (varṣam) that lies north of the ocean and south of the snowy mountains is called Bhāratam; there dwell the descendants of Bharata.“

Don’t heed to any lemurians saying otherwise. Even in Gupta period, Bharatvarsha or Aryavarta was referred to whole of present India. Not just North India. This North-South division is a British invention. Rameswaram is known as Dakshina Kashi and even Kalidasa mentions Kanchi as a holy city. It was one rashtra culturally much before 1947. 

Even in Sangam literature, the land is described as one country from Northern Himalayas and Kanyakumari. Agathsya (rishi mentioned in Rigveda) his descendant is believed to have taught Tamizh and Sanskrit to the locals. Most kings and dynasties believed that they were descendants of famous dynasties of Northern India. Cheras from Yadu, (Krishna) Cholas from Ikshvaaku (Rama) and Pandiyas from Arjuna. 

Edited by coffee_rules

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Who says so? From as old as Vishnu Purana:’

उत्तरं यत्समुद्रस्य: हिमाद्रेश्चैव दक्षिणम् ।
वर्षं तद् भारतं नाम: भारती यत्र संततिः ।।

The country (varṣam) that lies north of the ocean and south of the snowy mountains is called Bhāratam; there dwell the descendants of Bharata.“

Don’t heed to any lemurians saying otherwise. Even in Gupta period, Bharatvarsha or Aryavarta was referred to whole of present India. Not just North India. This North-South division is a British invention. Rameswaram is known as Dakshina Kashi and even Kalidasa mentions Kanchi as a holy city. It was one rashtra culturally much before 1947. 

Even in Sangam literature, the land is described as one country from Northern Himalayas and Kanyakumari. Agathsya (rishi mentioned in Rigveda) his descendant is believed to have taught Tamizh and Sanskrit to the locals. Most kings and dynasties believed that they were descendants of famous dynasties of Northern India. Cheras from Yadu, (Krishna) Cholas from Ikshvaaku (Rama) and Pandiyas from Arjuna. 

According to Rig Veda Bharat tribe existed in the North West part of India.

53 minutes ago, Khota said:

According to Rig Veda Bharat tribe existed in the North West part of India.

It was 10 tribes annd Puru is one of them who flourished , but includes all other tribes in the subsequent eras Of civilization . And there is mention of migrations south in Rig Veda. Rig Veda is around 3300 BCE . I am talking of Vishnu Purana and Sangam literature which was a 400 BCE to 2nd century AD timeline. Bharatvarsha is more of a recent phenomenon (Last 3000 years) than Rig Vedic period 

Edited by coffee_rules

48 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It was 10 tribes annd Puru is one of them who flourished , but includes all other tribes in the subsequent eras Of civilization . And there is mention of migrations south in Rig Veda. Rig Veda is around 3300 BCE . I am talking of Vishnu Purana and Sangam literature which was a 400 BCE to 2nd century AD timeline. Bharatvarsha is more of a recent phenomenon (Last 3000 years) than Rig Vedic period 

Rig Veda is around 1000 to 2000 BCE and mostly around the 5 rivers of Punjab, Ganges and some Afghanistan. That is when Bharat tribe was first mentioned.

I personally have no opinion one way or other but this is my biggest problem with BJP. They make unanimous decisions with involving others. 

They only got 1 in 3 votes and they talk like they have a mandate.

Meh, who the * cares :smokin:

You haven't eradicated poverty, though you did well on some parameters; what about corruption, sectarianism, caste discrimination, China problem?

8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Coz this involves serious debate among stake holders

What debate? Who the * cares when we can't solve some of our most basic problems & I have a big issue with corruption personally!

5 hours ago, Khota said:

Rig Veda is around 1000 to 2000 BCE and mostly around the 5 rivers of Punjab, Ganges and some Afghanistan. That is when Bharat tribe was first mentioned.

I personally have no opinion one way or other but this is my biggest problem with BJP. They make unanimous decisions with involving others. 

They only got 1 in 3 votes and they talk like they have a mandate.

230Mil votes is not a small number- the FFP system in which opposition parties agree to stand under give the ability of a party of absolute majority in parliament- That is the political mandate which allows them the ability to pass their manifesto without many barriers. Opposition will oppose anything for the sake of it. They are irrelevant now as they have shown over the last 10 years how much of a anti national nexus the opposition has become. You need a strong opposition to keep the Gov in check but if opposition for the sake of opposition happens even for things that benefit the country then its ll childish and doesnt warrant involvement which comes back to my original point in the mandate. If the voters don't like GOI do during their term they have the chance to vote them out in the next election

Now back to the issue- whether the name change will be suggested in Parliament remains to be seen. The constitution which was made after independence under the guidance of Nehru who all the opposition look up to refers to India as Bharat.. so its naming the country it's historical cultural name rather than a Islamic/British name after the invasions. If Ceylon can be changed to Sri Lanka and Burma can be changed to Myanmar then why not Bharat

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

230Mil votes is not a small number- the FFP system in which opposition parties agree to stand under give the ability of a party of absolute majority in parliament- That is the political mandate which allows them the ability to pass their manifesto without many barriers. Opposition will oppose anything for the sake of it. They are irrelevant now as they have shown over the last 10 years how much of a anti national nexus the opposition has become. You need a strong opposition to keep the Gov in check but if opposition for the sake of opposition happens even for things that benefit the country then its ll childish and doesnt warrant involvement which comes back to my original point in the mandate. If the voters don't like GOI do during their term they have the chance to vote them out in the next election

And 500 million for the opposition is not a small number either. Need to learn to build consensus and not ram things down opposition throat.

Need to be democratic and not call for IT raids on opposition.

Not to put opposition leaders in jail.

Lot of fascist tendencies here.

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Now back to the issue- whether the name change will be suggested in Parliament remains to be seen. The constitution which was made after independence under the guidance of Nehru who all the opposition look up to refers to India as Bharat.. so its naming the country it's historical cultural name rather than a Islamic/British name after the invasions. If Ceylon can be changed to Sri Lanka and Burma can be changed to Myanmar then why not Bharat

Calling it Bharat is fine as it is my heritage too.

If you click on my "K" I call my birthplace Indraprastha as that is the right name.

What is wrong is that opposition calls itself INDIA and BJP starts this stunt.

Need to get input from our southern brothers too as Bharat is more associated with Aryan culture.

9 minutes ago, Khota said:

If you click on my "K" I call my birthplace Indraprastha as that is the right name.

Need to get input from our southern brothers too as Bharat is more associated with Aryan culture.

What is this Aryan culture? In Kannada , Telugu, Malayalam, India is always referred to as Bharat. Listen to local news or read newspapers. Bharat is revered in Tamil, a well know nationalist freedom fighter called himself Subramanyam Bharati, he is popularly known as Bharatiyar. 

39 minutes ago, Khota said:

Ah yes Arya putra has arrived finnally into the discussion.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

And 500 million for the opposition is not a small number either. Need to learn to build consensus and not ram things down opposition throat.

Need to be democratic and not call for IT raids on opposition.

Not to put opposition leaders in jail.

Lot of fascist tendencies here.

consensus is build where this is a productive working nature with opposition with the checks and balances- you cant build consensus with a anti national and anti Hindu opposition.

BJP has many many faults but i would have them in power with many faults than the current I.N.D.I.A scam opposition that will take us back 20 years