Who is the frontrunners for this world cup

gakgupta

For me, here is the order

Pak (considering the conditions)

England ( based on the attitude, they have been showing of late. Hence rated them above Australia)

Australia (how can we ignore them)

India or NZ ( india might sneak thru considering the conditions) 

Pakistan has the best chance but might choke considering the big stage. 

India might make thru the semi finals, if they can be innovative (like playing thilak verma, jaiswal and SKY .... somehow identify part time options ...chucking off proven failures like Gill ... Playing genuine bowlers ahead of shardul)

My top 4 are

1. Australia

2. England

3. India

4. New Zealand

If ICC will be preparing the pitches, its going to be flatter and heavily tilted towards batters, not to mention the dew factor from October Mid. 

SA can be a dark horse, they look dejected now but they have the firepower to be a strength specially if the likes of RVD, Miller, QDK & Markram start firing. Klassen is going to be a big danger for the spin dependent teams.

Australia and England are front runners. Both SA and NZ could spring a surprise however i dont know if they can win final against eng or aussies. From asia pakistan has an outside chance.  

Ofcourse ill always support India I however dont even see them making it to semis but one can hope.  

10 hours ago, Sgattick10 said:

Aussies are peaking at the right time, let's see how they perform in the ODIs in India in coming month 

I think one of hazelwood or abbott could have been dropped. They have way to many fast bowlers specially when they already have stonis, green and marsh. Manas is doing well against SA. 

Edited by jf1gp_1

My order of favourites 

1. Australia

Best batting depth. Just need to figure out who to drop. Zampa and Hazlewood are absolute locks in the bowling lineup but others haven't been overly impressive. Still pretty decent and they have decent all-rounders so no issues.

2. Pakistan

Best pace attack by far. Decent batting strength. They bat fast enough but not exceptional. Decent winning record since last World Cup. 

3. India 

Poorly balanced squad and first XI . But they are at home and there seems to be enough quality despite being quite 1 dimensional

4. England

Apart from openers and Buttler, batting has actually struggled in this World Cup cycle and the bowling has been average to poor. Much will depend on Wood's fitness.

5. South Africa

Main batting lineup is brilliant - Bavuma, RVD, QDK, Klaasen, Markram, Miller. But they have no batting depth and number 8 onwards, they are minnow level. Pace bowlers are quality but looking jaded and out of form. Spinners are overrated and can't bat either.

6. NZ

Too many injuries and replacements are not adequate. Conservative selections like Williamson whose ODI numbers since 2017 CT are unimpressive and is an injury concern. Historically, very poor in Indian conditions.

If they ditch Williamson and Nicholls for aggressive options like Chapman and Finn Allen and then have a fit Milne and have Boult bowling at his  best, then it's a different side.  But too many if's and but's.  So #6 seems right

tier 1 

Australia, England

tier 2

India, Pakistan, new zealand

tier 3

south africa

and the rest aren't in it really 

for who I want to win

Australia of course

South Africa to keep heir cricket alive

Pakistan because it would be very funny

England would be absolutely insufferable if they won. Indians are being careful to be extremely pessimistic about their chances but i know you guys, not winning a home world cup to take it to 10 ICC events with no trophies will cause a national meltdown lasting weeks