Shubhman Gill diagnosed with Dengue!

4 minutes ago, Texan said:

Should Gill be withdrawn from the squad? Recovering from dengue could take some time to get all his energy back. Ideally, we should bring in Jaiswal for Gill. Jaiswal is in form and could be very useful for the second opening spot.

Ya..I am not sure would he be in same form after recovery..better to let him make full and stress free recovery..and give chance to Jaisawal..

7 hours ago, test fan said:

Thats okay. 8 more league games to go....even if he misses 3 more...it still doesn't matter...if he comes in the middle of the tournament and shows good form towards the end of the league stage.

He can be the difference in a knockout game.

22 minutes ago, cricspirit said:

Will never happen. They will not do such drastic experiments even if it may be logical in certain scenarios. 

Jadeja opening will give left hand right hand combo and fit Surya in at no.6 or no.7.

Strike rate is not that much of an issue during the first few overs. However, they can't and wont trust anyone other than regular batters with opening. They are also not willing to move set batters like Virat and Rohit from their position.  

I am unsure myself if I want to see Jadeja open the innings. I do not mind Kishan as much and not looking to throw him out after one bad outing. I was more thinking about having SKY in somehow.

unlikely to get SKY in as well.

52 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Ya Jaiswal should have been as temporary replacement. We could have played him against pak.

There is never any logic to the madness that is Indian Cricket.

Im no expert in Dengue as its rare to happen here in Australia, but given his immune system would have taken a hit as well as his strength, maybe India should be on the front foot and get a replacement.

I would love Jaiswal.

He is the future of Indian Cricket, so giving him this experience will only help us in the long run.

Please nobody say to me that the future of Indian Cricket in 4 years time is Rohit and Kohli, lol. :hysterical:

7 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

There is never any logic to the madness that is Indian Cricket.

Im no expert in Dengue as its rare to happen here in Australia, but given his immune system would have taken a hit as well as his strength, maybe India should be on the front foot and get a replacement.

I would love Jaiswal.

He is the future of Indian Cricket, so giving him this experience will only help us in the long run.

Please nobody say to me that the future of Indian Cricket in 4 years time is Rohit and Kohli, lol. :hysterical:

Dengue takes atleast 20 days to recover and that too not fully if the platelets count is bad. I've had dengue and it took me 15-17 days to recover and a month to feel normal. Forget stress, you can't even stand and run with that weakness. 

2 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Thats okay. 8 more league games to go....even if he misses 3 more...it still doesn't matter...if he comes in the middle of the tournament and shows good form towards the end of the league stage.

He can be the difference in a knockout game.

How will he feel physically? He will be drained out.

1 hour ago, nitinbwj said:

Dengue takes atleast 20 days to recover and that too not fully if the platelets count is bad. I've had dengue and it took me 15-17 days to recover and a month to feel normal. Forget stress, you can't even stand and run with that weakness. 

Im sorry to hear that.

Then what you have said, Indian Cricket is truly utter Madness.

Drop Gill from the squad innediately you cant play a half fit and without match fitness in a Final. Bring Jaiswal immediately to give him experience against poor countries like Bangla, Sri Lanka so he can be tested early before finals.

Indian Cricket is truly mad.

Kishan will open so we should put some faith on him.  He did well against Pak in Kandy.. 

Gill is obviously a big miss but we have to be realistic about his return now. 

Top order & Rohit will have huge responsibility now. 

If Kishan comes off he will give flying starts in PP. 

Just can't believe our rotten luck..

Dhawan was hitting his straps in the last world cup and scored a flawless hundred against Australia only to get injured and miss the entire tournament. Our entire batting order had to be reshuffled and the middle order became a joke. And that came back to bite us in the semi final..

Just hope the same doesn't happen here.

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

WTF? they are thinking of bringing in Gaikwad instead of Jaiswal-that will be a monumental mistake as the skill level of Jaiswal is way more Gaikwad,

What did you expect lol? 

There is a queue based system for this team selection. If a fast bowler gets injured, Mukesh Kumar will be in line instead of Prasidh or Sen... :giggle: