India vs Pakistan | Pre match discussion

10 minutes ago, adi B said:

Shami should play over Shardul ,he's anyways a better bat than Thakur and a better bowler by a mile.

Pakistan will bat first regardless of who wins the toss , I prefer a chase in Ahmedabad, the pitch behaves differently at night 

Pakistan has very poor record, chasing against india in world cups. 6 out of 7 times, they lost because they couldn't chase. If we win the toss, better to bat first and choke them in field 

KVvooFF.jpg

12 hours ago, First class said:

Its upsetting that Pak team which looked so well settled just a month ago and some were giving slight edge over India, is in a big mess. Their top bowler ( Afridi ) has turned into a trundler,  bowling at 130-132 with no swing and no control. Naseem Shah's replacement is a club level bowler . No genuine spinner in the team . Opening pair is struggling to give double digit stand . 

Indian team, on the other hand looks like has resolved all its issues and checking all the dots . Inform and attacking openers, sold middle order, fast bowling all rounder, wonderful opening bowler ( if they play Shami over Siraj ) and and very good wicket taking spinners . I would give 70-30 edge to India 

Exactly all the game just changed within last few months i think pak team players are some what over hyped too. As i have observed that Indian team have not good selection of batters but also good players of bowlings. In this world cup of 2023 everything is un predictable lets see what will be happened in near future 14th oct is not far away world cup 2023.

24 minutes ago, adi B said:

Shami should play over Shardul ,he's anyways a better bat than Thakur and a better bowler by a mile.

Pakistan will bat first regardless of who wins the toss , I prefer a chase in Ahmedabad, the pitch behaves differently at night 

what about the dew? is it too much or our spinners?

9 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I have no confidence on him against Shaheen and Hasan Ali.

I know a batsman can get out against any bowler but why is Hasan Ali getting so much hype here lol. The guy isn't even 6th choice pacer. If we can't even play him then how can we think of handling Topley, Rabada, Henry ?

46 minutes ago, Number said:

I know a batsman can get out against any bowler but why is Hasan Ali getting so much hype here lol. The guy isn't even 6th choice pacer. If we can't even play him then how can we think of handling Topley, Rabada, Henry ?

Their best bowler is Hassan Ali. He is likely to bowl well. 

with so many options thrown out here and not finding any convincing one..hence TM is trying to rush Gill back haha..

SKY-deal duck against left arm inswing..as we saw again Starc previously..so Shaheen will eat him easily at the top..

Jaddu-poor form in middle over..doesnt seem to have goodtechnique for opening..only goo dthing is he is a lefty..

Shradul--passing as a joke

Ashwin--he wud have opened for his school\college..this is Intnl level..even in IPL..his opening experiment..was shelved soon after..

Only reasonable options..we have for now are Kishan,Kohli and Rahul..

Kishan--I will give him benefit of doubt for 1st ball duck against Australia..may be seeing 200 they wante dto come all guns blazing and finish off quickly..against AFG he would have been told to spend time..to prepare for coming matches..if Gill takes time..he is lefty and agressive..thats in his favor..atleast better option than previous 4 discussed..also has soem confidence playing good innning against Pak in Asia cup.

Kohli: Can do opening..atleast did for RCB in IPL..Rohit will have to take more responsibility then to score fast..and its very much possible..we could lose one of them cheaply if not both..KL and Iyer(esp Iyer) will have to very responsible in MO..can Iyer do that..thats the question..and I am not sure about that..

Rahul: he can do opening..but may go to shell being extra cautious against Shaheen.and lose his current form..or conversely due to good form and confidence..may turn out to be good move and scores well..however..if we are chasing then it will be difficult for him to open after keeping 50  overs..

=======================

so we dont seem to have good options...Kohli seems to be a safer option..however..I want little agression on top so wud prefer to go ahead with Kishan...Hasan Ali may bowl well..but atleast on paper Hasan+Shaeen is a lesser threat than Naseem+Shaheen..so Hassan Ali may provide some opportunitie sto release pressure if we are cautious against Shaheen..

in bowling Shami lets first establish he has good experience in this ground..and happy memories...will bowl with more confidence..

shami vs siraj--Shami has edge over Siraj due to above+ batting

shami vs shardul--I fail to recall any good batting performance in white ball internationals from Shardul..in red there are but not in white ball..so only edge he has is batting..which is a bluff for me..so Shami is better

Shami vs Ashwin--iF Panddya is reday to bowl 6-7 overs then Ashwin may also be incontention..if he is confident to bamoboozle the batsmen with caroom bowl or leg spin..can bat a bit too..and good vs lefties..and Pak will have some..

The ability of Ashwin if he can be the mystery bowler for us..may help us throughout the tournament..as when conditions become easy to bat esp in night..and then if he and Kuldeep and provide some mystery due to their skills..then they can still pick up wkts..

12 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

with so many options thrown out here and not finding any convincing one..hence TM is trying to rush Gill back haha..

SKY-deal duck against left arm inswing..as we saw again Starc previously..so Shaheen will eat him easily at the top..

Jaddu-poor form in middle over..doesnt seem to have goodtechnique for opening..only goo dthing is he is a lefty..

Shradul--passing as a joke

Ashwin--he wud have opened for his school\college..this is Intnl level..even in IPL..his opening experiment..was shelved soon after..

Only reasonable options..we have for now are Kishan,Kohli and Rahul..

Kishan--I will give him benefit of doubt for 1st ball duck against Australia..may be seeing 200 they wante dto come all guns blazing and finish off quickly..against AFG he would have been told to spend time..to prepare for coming matches..if Gill takes time..he is lefty and agressive..thats in his favor..atleast better option than previous 4 discussed..also has soem confidence playing good innning against Pak in Asia cup.

Kohli: Can do opening..atleast did for RCB in IPL..Rohit will have to take more responsibility then to score fast..and its very much possible..we could lose one of them cheaply if not both..KL and Iyer(esp Iyer) will have to very responsible in MO..can Iyer do that..thats the question..and I am not sure about that..

Rahul: he can do opening..but may go to shell being extra cautious against Shaheen.and lose his current form..or conversely due to good form and confidence..may turn out to be good move and scores well..however..if we are chasing then it will be difficult for him to open after keeping 50  overs..

=======================

so we dont seem to have good options...Kohli seems to be a safer option..however..I want little agression on top so wud prefer to go ahead with Kishan...Hasan Ali may bowl well..but atleast on paper Hasan+Shaeen is a lesser threat than Naseem+Shaheen..so Hassan Ali may provide some opportunitie sto release pressure if we are cautious against Shaheen..

SHaheen is not remotely as accurate or fast as Starc...  Nor does he has a slingy action like him. 

SKY opens his front leg with his stance...  Pretty much what Rohit did vs Shaheen in Colombo. 

Shaheen is very loose with new ball.  Couple of boundaries he will be all over the place.