Rugby WC finals - Springboks vs All Blacks

Number

15 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

The game was too late to follow but SA won that again by a point. Absolute mentality monsters in this sport, winning all KOs in that manner

I think they got a bit lucky with NZ captain receiving yellow which got upgraded to red. But they spent majority of time defending after 10 minutes and looked quite solid.

Amazing that they beat Eng in SFs too by just one point.

On 10/30/2023 at 10:30 PM, Laaloo said:

I watched for 10 minutes. Couldn't understand anything that was going on.

Wait what?

As a proud American you do not understand Rugby?

I thought it was the pass time of elite there. Have a hot dog, drink a beer and watch grown men run at each other in a lot of heavy duty gear.

Zero Assimilation. Multiculturalism has failed. 

:p:

On 10/31/2023 at 7:30 AM, ravishingravi said:

Pretty dull finals. Saw one of the games live. Tough tough sports. More tactical than it looks. 

Yes it's a bit like war where you slowly gain ground with attrition. South Africa are quite a negative team that try to win games with scrum penalties. Rugby League is a more free flowing end to end game with less rolling on the ground. 

On 10/30/2023 at 10:18 PM, coffee_rules said:

I follow NFL or rather used to, but this game seems similar it looked very childish. They made rules as they went by, it looked as if.  The only thing I could relate to was the Scrum. We have a daily scrum in our team. 

NFL is possibly the most frustrating sport to watch, something exciting is about to happen and then the play stops after 5 seconds. 

On 11/2/2023 at 1:13 AM, Mariyam said:

Wait what?

As a proud American you do not understand Rugby?

I thought it was the pass time of elite there. Have a hot dog, drink a beer and watch grown men run at each other in a lot of heavy duty gear.

Zero Assimilation. Multiculturalism has failed. 

:p:

No American knows about Rugby even if it walks naked on the street!  . It’s one of the sport like Curling that they make fun of. Hot dog and beer? That must be  Baseball. If you mean Football, it is the one they use hands most of the time and use legs only to get 3 points to kick  a field goal or a point after a touchdown, sometimes to punt. Punters and kickers are in different special teams.  

13 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

NFL is possibly the most frustrating sport to watch, something exciting is about to happen and then the play stops after 5 seconds. 

Lol. Stoppages are for people to stop yelling at their TVs and to go pee. Or for Super Bowl ads that run at 5 mil a spot these days!