Our last big fear this WC: Can we chase 330 in a knockout?

Just now, Dil Dil India said:

Fielding is a concern. Siraj is useless in the field and Kuldeep as well. They will cost 20 runs between them and against a side like Aus or NZ or even SA their fielders will save that many so we will have to make up for a net 30-40 runs every game. 

they need to be hidden better. they are putting siraj in crucial fielding positions.

6 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Don't think so...  I don't think India will concede 300+ in a KO either way.  Pressure will be on both sides.

Only Australia can perhaps score close to 280-290 with all their quality.  This is the game we have to be worried about. 

Kiwis rn have a buffet attack...  Boult has turned into a left arm boobie...  With no seam/swing. 

250 is the highest I would be comfortable chasing in a knockout. Even 280 would be hard. We nearly fluffed the game vs Aus chasing 200.

Just now, Dil Dil India said:

250 is the highest I would be comfortable chasing in a knockout. Even 280 would be hard. We nearly fluffed the game vs Aus chasing 200.

given that most batters are unreliable barring ro-ko, the max we can comfortably chase is 200-220.

2 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

There will be a lot of pressure on Rohit and Kohli. Really need Gill Iyer KL and Sky to stand up. Pandya will be missed for his batting even if not for his bowling. 

SKY is good only for 20s and 30s. kela is a mental midget. Iyer is strong temperament-wise, but has a glaring short ball weakness. that leaves Gill

1 minute ago, deathmonger said:

Naah WTC conditions were completely against us.

No way we were winning against Cummins Haze Starc in England w/o Bumrah and Pant.

however, what matters is the manner in which we fold. and that was more galling to me

49 minutes ago, Vijy said:

however, what matters is the manner in which we fold. and that was more galling to me

We took completely washed up batting line-up there. I mean kohli-rahane-pujara were washed in 2021 and we took them to another wtc final. Just madness. Atleast if pant was there, atleast there would have been a fight with the bat. Conditions were so ideal for him in the first innings 

Our test re building is the bigger challenge for dravid, he should fully focus on that after this wc

Thinking of 330 is madness. No team is scoring that much. Not even us. Ko will be 280s games. It will be the test of mental toughness. Our guys can do it. Anything bellow 280 and kohli rohit, gill and KL will be bit relaxed. We got this guys. Having said that there are always surprises. Looking forward to SF game.

7 hours ago, Serpico said:

We took completely washed up batting line-up there. I mean kohli-rahane-pujara were washed in 2021 and we took them to another wtc final. Just madness. Atleast if pant was there, atleast there would have been a fight with the bat. Conditions were so ideal for him in the first innings 

Our test re building is the bigger challenge for dravid, he should fully focus on that after this wc

needs to keep jaiswal, move gill to 4 or 5, hopefully pant comes back (still not sure about that), and try some newer test bats

6 hours ago, putrevus said:

You need a solid start to chase 330 plus and one of top three needs to score a hundred. They can do it but will they do it under pressure is a different story.

Kohli or Rohit have to stand up to do it.

these are the only 2 with the wherewithal to do so. whether they do it or not, time will tell

ZERO faith in the team? All these What-If scenarios are laughable to be honest.

First it was Shame on you Jay Shah for Ind-NZ at Dharamshala, Boult and Henry will roast us, NZ in red hot form, instead we steamrolled and derailed them.

Next it was Can we really set targets and defend totals? Our batters are too slow. Vs Eng we did that and how on a really tough pitch.

Then it was look at how formidable SA are, Eden Garden, small ground, end result LOL

For a change, can ICF show some positive mindset? Some ICFers are doing so, but I still see many usual suspects spreading their negativity thread after thread, still calling names to players, trying to find out some small issue in the team performance and amplifying it as if it's the end of the world. Have said this earlier, repeating here, because these pessimists had a free run before the Asia Cup, they are still somehow trying to convince themselves their opinions were right. May these pessimists keep wallowing in their sorrow.