U19 WC 2024 Discussion thread

rkt.india

15 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Bishnoi to is just a darter, there was one burman fellow from Bengal played for rcb looked strong shouldered and got bounce, hardly gets game time at Bengal, markhande lost, Gopal gone as well, except suthar rest are rubbish spinners, how do guys like mulani, sai Kishore, sarvate pick up wickets when they can't even turn the ball a inch?

Suyash Sharma of KKR was a find...  Curiously left out of 2022 U19 side which was full of darters. 

7 minutes ago, the don said:

Its all fun and games. People were making fun of the pak players and the talunt word was thrown around after the semi final. 

Pak U19 side was its best after a long while...  I genuinely though only see Raza making it big.  Zeeshan Zameer was better than this Ubaid who is decent at best. 

The off spinner is good & that Minhas maybe overaged but a solid A/R in making. 

The batting is rubbish though I like that you guys produce lot of left handers...  They may prove Clutch in some random games. 

Honest opinion is this in my view.. And Bishop would agree. 

Aus & SA side are more talented than both India Pak. 

And I rate Bangla side above these two as well. 

Just now, Frustrated said:

Musheer Khan is another highly overrated ****.   Flopped everytime the team needed him to stay at the crease. Proven choker in SF and Final.  

He has trouble against certain lengths. Also at times plays too far away from the body. He needs some fine tuning. 

They got beaten by a better team. They did not choke. Reaching finals with this talent is a big achievement.

I would put selection mistakes bigger reasons for this loss. The kids did their best.  The captain got no help from coaches, they had two fast bowlers one of them did not even complete their 10 overs.

Edited by putrevus
34 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Difference is even after unbeaten convincing run we did call out the lack of talent in this side. But Pakistani fans even after having several close shaves (against ireland, against BD) they continue believing they are a great team.

Some are calling this our worst U19 team ever despite making the final and Pawkees are distributing mithais on their U29 uncles' tailunt after making it to SF. :giggle:

Meme and Minnow Mentality are the words that fit these jokers very well.