India v New Zealand : 1st Semi Final : Pre-match discussion thread

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I honestly felt nothing during Gabba chase...  Was too busy making scenarios for final session dash.  That Rahane cameo ensured we were in touching distance in terms of runs as per my estimate in final session.  I remember posting those on match thread.  

From there on it was a ride.

The stress :) was night before. Once the match started it was smooth.. hope our senses becomes as smooth when match starts in 11 hours.. 

5 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Need 3 quicks at this venue.  The only person who can be dropped is Kuldeep if at all. 

Could consider dropping Kuldeep against NZ. They are the kind of team he messes up against and Wankhede is unforgiving for spinners anyway. Ash would bolster the batting and if it is an absolute pancake we don't lose much with the ball. If anything Ash is mentally stronger and a better defensive bowler. 

9 hours ago, Norman said:

Yeah I don't think there's anything in this World that could help me get over it if we lose. Ten years and ten tournament heartbreaks is just way too much for even a positive optimist like me. 

Yup, but this time it will hit different if it happens. Will completely detach myself from this sports if that happens. This squad deserves to win the WC, Plain and simple !!!

5 hours ago, neel roy said:

l

My boss is south african:). He incidentally was at that gibbs match and so he is off Thursday and i am off tomorrow.. dont know what friday will bring for both of us..

Its interesting how celebrations despite Gibbs celebration in that WC game still continue.  Gibbs clearly had caught it, but the need to celebrate was his undoing.

I actually hope India learn from that mistake and not celebrate any catches, until the ball is officially dead. Its unforgivable what Gibbs did.