Shreyas Iyer is my Semi Final MOM

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

he tried to hit out. He more than made up by scoring 67 ball 100. Come on lol I loved shami to bits. DO we have to run Iyer's knock down

no already said he played a great knock. Just not enough to overtake Shami's effort.

If we won easily with every bowler taking 2-3 wickets each, Iyer would have got it perhaps. But Shami was just phenomenal without any support.

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

Lol. With Iyer, you still had Rohit who gave a great start, gill who played fast, kohli who wasnt that slow, Rahul who played well in the end and surya and jadeja as well.

Bumrah struggled

Jadeja struggled

Kuldeep struggled initially 

Siraj struggled

Shami destroyed their top order on a flat pitch and when Williamson and Mitchell were sent and scoring at will, shami got Williamson out. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Absolutely, Shami was great, no doubting that, others didn't hit their stride and Shami had to do bulk of their work, agree with that aswell. But the difference between Kiwi batting and Indian batting was Iyers innings.

It was a batting shoot out between the two sides and one guy made the difference with a quick knock and batted the opposition out of the game. 

1 minute ago, Sean Bradley said:

Absolutely, Shami was great, no doubting that, others didn't hit their stride and Shami had to do bulk of their work, agree with that aswell. But the difference between Kiwi batting and Indian batting was Iyers innings.

It was a batting shoot out between the two sides and one guy made the difference with a quick knock and batted the opposition out of the game. 

Ofcourse 11.4 overs batting 105 runs. That is special. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

And Shami was miles ahead of both sides bowler.

In a batting shootout on a patta, a bowler making his mark is itself special.

The difference was Shami, then Iyer.

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

And Shami was miles ahead of both sides bowler.

In a batting shootout on a patta, a bowler making his mark is itself special.

The difference was Shami, then Iyer.

Again, Shami had (additional) runs on the board courtesy Iyer, let me ask you again, do u think 350 would have been defended on this pitch? I doubt.

3 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Again, Shami had (additional) runs on the board courtesy Iyer, let me ask you again, do u think 350 would have been defended on this pitch? I doubt.

yes if all bowlers bowled even as half as good as Shami, it would have been easy defense. 350 is still lot of runs.

I ll always be indebted to Shreyas Iyer not for this innings but for the innings he played against bangladesh on a bunsen burner chasing 145 and India tottering at 71/6. Think about the humiliation if we would have lost the game..that match actually made me his fan.. I remember he hit a 4 and just turned around walked to the other end with a swag which was unbelievable..

53 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Bro calm down , enough of Kohli hate from your side.

This knock of Kohli is better than any knock Sachin has ever played.

A clutch, legendary knock from the king.

On ICF there’s just nothing which Kohli can do to earn some adulation, 711 runs and still guys like you have something to rant about.

It was legendary knock by GOAT.The only thing missing from his resume was knock out 100s in odis.He has done everything in whiteball cricket.He should play next t20 world cup and get that crown too.

He needs to crown it by another big score in finals.

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

7fer has been achieved only 14 times in 4708 ODIs and 7 times in WCs.

Never in knockouts and never by an Indian.

The enormity of this feat trumps everything else today.

Yes, Shami was the reason why India won but it does not take away anything from Kohli's innings.