India news outlets: Ashwin in, Siraj out ?

Traditionally ahmedabad pitch supports spin & Pace too...remember kuldeep sen , hardik and few other pacers really bowling very well and getting wickets in ahmedabad.

if Indian curator keeps the same pitch- India will have to work really hard to win today as on that pitch Pace and SPin both have some assistance.

The good thing about us is that SHAMMI bhai is in GOLDEN touch and Siraj and Boom are also at the top of their game. Siraj is bowling well just that he is not as accurate as Shammi. I have no DOUBT about Siraj's capabilities. 

The only thing I am surprised about is what was the bowling coach doing when Shardul was getting picked ahead of Shammi- why did he not scream out loud that Shammi could take 4 to 5 wickets and he is bowling at peak and Shardul even with his batting skills cant be picked ahead of Shammi. i won't blame Rohit- the bowling coach should be able to sort this issue out, which indicates Mhambrey did not know that Shammi is in HOT ROCKING FORM OF LIFE.

today Australians will be afraid of Shammi and I won't be surprised if they are extra careful against Shammi ( and Shammi does not pick  3 to 5 wickets )

Jaddu and Kuldeep are also very good, if the pitch favors spinners a bit, the match will turn into a NO CONTEST( favouring India).

Kuldeep is not taking wickets bcos no batsman is taking him on, they are playing him with caution. if they try to hit him, they will get out.

23 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

The key is to open the bowling with Shami. Shami is terrific against left handers upfront while Bumrah and Siraj are relatively weaker. So, it has to be Shami opening against Head and Warner. 

Exactly play your trump cards early.

We still have Jaddu and Kuldeep hand to play out here too. Regardless how well Australia do in the first 10 overs.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah I don't think this is just a smokescreen now especially after looking at the playing surface for today. It looked extremely dry and flaky... Ashwin will and should definitely come in for Siraj.

If the pitch is going to assist spinners -  It would be absolutely stubbornly stupid to play Siraj instead of Ashwin -  given what the SA spinners ( Maharaj and Shamsi  ) did to Aus.

12 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah I don't think this is just a smokescreen now especially after looking at the playing surface for today. It looked extremely dry and flaky... Ashwin will and should definitely come in for Siraj.

Ashwin will churn out another dud performance when he was expected to do great

When I say great,dry pitches means he should be xpected to run through batting lineups in no time

8 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Ashwin will churn out another dud performance when he was expected to do great

When I say great,dry pitches means he should be xpected to run through batting lineups in no time

Ashwin conceeded only 34 runs in his 10 overs against Aus in the only match he played.  What great shakes has Siraj done, other than bully Lanka ?

Siraj is an utter spray gun with the new ball and a liability on the field and can't bat. Siraj releases all the pressure that Bumrah builds in the opening spell - until Shami comes in. 

Edited by rangeelaraja
Just now, rangeelaraja said:

Ashwin conceeded only 34 runs in his 10 overs against Aus in the only match he played.  What great shakes has Siraj done, other than bully Lanka ?

he is an utter spray gun with the new ball and a liability on the field and can't bat. 

2 pacer leke risk loge kya?2nd innings bowling ki toh lag jayegi dew ke wajah se

Ashwin achanak aake kya kar lega

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ashwin hasn't played for a month and a half. He won't suddenly play the final methinks, he isn't battle hardened like the others. 

Both Ashwin and Prasidh should have played more or maybe against Netherlands

Noone is endorsing Siraj or Ashwin

I also think Ashwin would have been help here

But it would mean benching SKY means 5 batsmen 6 bowlers

Siraj has been expensive I admit but thinning pace is not the answer

Dekhte hain

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Both Ashwin and Prasidh should have played more or maybe against Netherlands

Noone is endorsing Siraj or Ashwin

I also think Ashwin would have been help here

But it would mean benching SKY means 5 batsmen 6 bowlers

Siraj has been expensive I admit but thinning pace is not the answer

Dekhte hain

Anyway I still think all this buildup, suspense, speculation is just mind games on our part, about time we started doing this instead of turning up like naive idiots and announcing our XI 2 days in advance like the 2021 WTC final. 

20 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Siraj is an utter spray gun with the new ball and a liability on the field and can't bat. Siraj releases all the pressure that Bumrah builds in the opening spell - until Shami comes in. 

Siraj got shafiq out two breakthroughs against Pakistan, both when they were cruising. What will ashwin do that kuldeep/jaddu cannot? He cannot bowl in death which means bumrah cannot be brought in the middle overs either 

If they bring in Ashwin, it only means that they are scared of Warner+Head combo. That's a negative, defensive mindset to have....much like how we were scared of Hayden/Gilly in the 2003 final. No need to do anything different, as cliche as it sounds, just follow the process instead of making panicky decisions. 

3 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Siraj got shafiq out two breakthroughs against Pakistan, both when they were cruising. What will ashwin do that kuldeep/jaddu cannot? He cannot bowl in death which means bumrah cannot be brought in the middle overs either 

What does Siraj bring to the table that Bumrah/Shami don't ? 

Siraj leaks runs all over the place , drops catches, fields like a school boy and can't bat. 

If our bowling gets off to a disastrous start....you will know who was the culprit.