Australia! The 2023 World Cup Champions!!

MechEng

12 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

This is on the cards... :fear1:  Panuti will be be at the ground like Chandryan 2...  Can we keep him in PMO office

:giggle:

Raul Vinci the entitled clown must be the opposite of panauti then...because since he took over control of the party....humiliation has followed INC in Lok Sabha.

4 hours ago, deathmonger said:

Now that I think of it, in that 2011-15 cycle between the two wcs 2013 was the only good year.

2011 - twin whitewashes

2012 - eng home loss, lose to pak at home

2014 - overseas series losses

2013 - aus 4-0, won eng series in beginning of year with rohit opening, tri series in wi, runfest aus odi series, srt retirement series

things began looking up post 2015 wc with the test team coming up

2015 test tour to Lanka saw the emergence of our powerful test team, one of the most underrated test series.

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

This is on the cards... :fear1:  Panuti will be be at the ground like Chandryan 2...  Can we keep him in PMO office

:giggle:

Modiji as Gujarat CM  was there when we defeated them in 2011 QF at Motera. Watched it live, I was 16 then. Man, what an atmosphere that was.. Yuvi's winning shot and Ponting hanging his head in disbelief after getting knocked out...

5 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Modiji as Gujarat CM  was there when we defeated them in 2011 QF at Motera. Watched it live, I was 16 then. Man, what an atmosphere that was.. Yuvi's winning shot and Ponting hanging his head in disbelief after getting knocked out...

MMS & Sonia were in the stands when we beat Pak in the Semis...  Perhaps should invite them both to do Tantra vidya again..  Sonia might do some Italian rituals as well :giggle:...  

Albanese may also come who was driven around in a cart here...  We drew the test match though. 

3 hours ago, R!TTER said:

SA dropped 4-5 chances & Oz took every catch possible, so we'll be more lucky in the finals? Dropped catches/missed chances >>> toss any day of the week!

Dropping catches is in the hands of players. No law of averages there.

Toss is pure luck. It can be down to law of averages.

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

2015 test tour to Lanka saw the emergence of our powerful test team, one of the most underrated test series.

and that was courtesy of the best over 3rd innings ever played in test cricket.. dinesh chandimal.. sl were literally down and out..180 odd runs behind and when they were in lead they were 6 down for 1 I guess. chandimal played the knock of his life and herath bamboozled us..it was the last test we lost against sl and the next 2 matches we blasted them away with our pace and spin bowling..pujara was wonderful ..marked his second emergence..since then we have only lost 3 test matches out of 35 odd in sub continent.pakistan has lost 3 in one series itself against england..

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

and that was courtesy of the best over 3rd innings ever played in test cricket.. dinesh chandimal.. sl were literally down and out..180 odd runs behind and when they were in lead they were 6 down for 1 I guess. chandimal played the knock of his life and herath bamboozled us..it was the last test we lost against sl and the next 2 matches we blasted them away with our pace and spin bowling..pujara was wonderful ..marked his second emergence..since then we have only lost 3 test matches out of 35 odd in sub continent.pakistan has lost 3 in one series itself against england..

Tbh absence of DRS screwed us in Galle, Chandimal was out 3-4 times, but still great knock. After that we agreed to DRS, a critical juncture in Indian cricket. 

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Tbh absence of DRS screwed us in Galle, Chandimal was out 3-4 times, but still great knock. After that we agreed to DRS, a critical juncture in Indian cricket. 

its funny that we rejected DRS after getting stuffed by DRS against Lanka. actually we were the first team to accept the experimentation

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/cricket/on-this-day-decision-review-system-2008-india-sri-lanka-sehwag-dilshan-kumble-jayawardene/article28688880.ece#:~:text=The Decision Review System was,receiving end of the experiment.&text=Representative Image%3A The Decision Review,novelty any more in cricket.

and in 2015  after getting stuffed by not having DRS in the Lanka Test we decided to accept it back! Vagaries of Indian cricket and bcci...

1 minute ago, neel roy said:

its funny that we rejected DRS after getting stuffed by DRS against Lanka. actually we were the first team to accept the experimentation

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/cricket/on-this-day-decision-review-system-2008-india-sri-lanka-sehwag-dilshan-kumble-jayawardene/article28688880.ece#:~:text=The Decision Review System was,receiving end of the experiment.&text=Representative Image%3A The Decision Review,novelty any more in cricket.

and in 2015  after getting stuffed by not having DRS in the Lanka Test we decided to accept it back! Vagaries of Indian cricket and bcci...

Some people may not admit it but DRS has made us more competitive in SENA, earlier we used to get the rub of the green against us in terms of wrong decisions especially in critical moments of the game. To a large extent that has been overcome due to this system. In home tests doesn't make any difference, we have become even more ruthless in the DRS era. 

India is no doubt on paper and performance the strongest and more powerful team,but in my view it will be the Australian mental resilience and tenacity,to resurrect from adversity that will prevail.On it's day the Aussies will blow all cylinders and conquer opposition in the manner of a coming operation.

On pure merit India ahead,but do not match the Aussie big match temperament.Reminds me of the fighting and collective spirit of Alan Border led team of 1987,when upsetting Pakistan and England.

Australian batting vulnerable in middle order,particularly against spin.Hardly so convincing against South Africa and New Zealand and were on the brink of loisng against Afghanistan

Poignant to remember how in 1983,1987 ,1992 and 1996,non-favourites won the title,who were not man to man the best sides.
To me Australia 51% and India 49%

3 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Says who ? We are losing. Everyone knows in the hearts of their hearts we are incapable of winning against Aus in knockouts.

Stop saying We. Stop saying everyone. Speak for yourself. 

Will you stop posting and stay off the forum if India wins ? Raise the stakes here.. else dont do endless negative rants. 

43 minutes ago, cricspirit said:

Stop saying We. Stop saying everyone. Speak for yourself. 

Will you stop posting and stay off the forum if India wins ? Raise the stakes here.. else dont do endless negative rants. 

Do opinions have to match on a forum for people to post ?  You don't get to tell me what to do and what not to do, Mr. Nobody.

Skepticism and paranoia is required in equal measure to offset blind confidence, knowing that cricket is a game of uncertainties.

I will post what I want and you can't do peanuts about it.

Edited by rangeelaraja
1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

Says who ? We are losing. Everyone knows in the hearts of their hearts we are incapable of winning against Aus in knockouts.

Except we have defeated Aus in KOs. In 2011 WC QF as well as 07 WT20 if you are including that as well as 98 and 00 CTs if you are including that.

It was NZ who we had never defeated in a KO ever.