India vs SA Squad

Lone Wolf

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

Its just 2 Tests. Next WC is in SA so Bumrah needs to play white ball there too.

may be they have decided..in consulation with managememt and medical staff..thats the only possible reason I think..else they might be wanting to see..how bowling does without cushion of Bumrah..

Just now, Need4Speed said:

we will need 2 ARs..

1-Pandya

2-Jadeja\Axar\Sundar. --out of these 3 whoever stays fit and makes kesser mistakes..should get the chance..last time Axar also played well in WI.

If Jadeja is there in T20, forget about Axar. As long as Jadeja is there, Axar will be out.

Sundar also won't get a chance as Kuldeep naturally will be second spinner, so he can also forget about it..maybe just be in 15.

1 minute ago, singhvivek141 said:

Shreyas Iyer hai, Kishan is also a starter in T20 as Jitesh won't be playing as keeper.

Kishan is hanging by a thread. Failed terribly last game.

Iyer is not a senior too.He wasn't there in last T20 squad IIRC

I see people objecting to Thakur in test squad - maybe rightfully since he has messed his game in the last year or so. Plus he gets to bowl when the ball has totally lost shine.

What is Ashwin doing in the test team in SA? He has played there in the past. 

6 matches  10 wickets at 50.50 average.  First stint  was 7 wkts at 46.xx Second stint more recently was 3 wkts at 60.xx

Comparison with Thakur last time... 3 matches 12 wickets at 19.08 average.

So lets kick some Thakur rear eh? And I agree his game has declined esp when given the ball after 20/25 overs old.

5 minutes ago, AKane said:

I see people objecting to Thakur in test squad - maybe rightfully since he has messed his game in the last year or so. Plus he gets to bowl when the ball has totally lost shine.

I think it's less of Thakur's criticism, more of BCCI's myopic vision of not giving chance to someone like Harshit Rana in Tests

26 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

If Jadeja is there in T20, forget about Axar. As long as Jadeja is there, Axar will be out.

Sundar also won't get a chance as Kuldeep naturally will be second spinner, so he can also forget about it..maybe just be in 15.

I prefer Sundar in place of Axar and Jadeja..atleast he looks a better technical batter..but his fitness issues..concerns me..

also needs to be seen..how these 3 perform in IPL..if anyone performs above expectation..it mat tilt scale in his favor a bit..

15 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I think it's less of Thakur's criticism, more of BCCI's myopic vision of not giving chance to someone like Harshit Rana in Tests

Only Windies used the 4 prong 4 pace bowler team - with no spinners - effectively.

Most teams use 3 pace bowlers. Starc/Cummins/Hazelwood,   McGrath/Lee/Gillespie, Liilee/Thommo/Walker, Imran/Wasim/Waqar, Imran/Sarfraz/Sikander.

We don't need 4 pace bowlers - 3 is enough. The 4th guy is not utilized properly.  3 pacers and 2 spinners is fine.

SA should smash us 2-0. But I hope they also break a few bones and end careers.

But what i really want is for Poms to win the test series in Feb. Then NZ later that year. We must lose test series at home, then Indian cricket's reputation will come crumbling down...just play IPL whole year and watch Indian cricket die. I am rooting for this.