Farewell David Warner

Despite poor test record in India and England, one of the most impactful test batsmen of recent times.

Always batted on his own terms and won matches when it was his day.

Fielded like a superman on most days.

Alwayd enjoyed the way he owned our padosis.:phehe: 

You will be missed David.

Edited by Number
3 hours ago, Lord said:

Hope he plays IPL few season. Very much loved in India.

Much loved in Hyderabad, David "Bhai" will always get loud cheers in the stadium even if he is playing for another team! Unlike Maxie and other Australian leeches who play IPL like a paid vacation, Warner always put in his best efforts every game.

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

Never seen a player torment a team like Warner has done to Pak throughout his career, in all formats. Last tour he could have got a test 500 if not for the premature declaration. 

Had so much luck too against them. Dropped in both 2019 and 23 world cup.

Even in that 2021 SF, it was his innings that put Australia well in front and I can't forget that Hafeez double bounce ball which he put into stands.:phehe:

Was an extremely competitive & borderline "rude" cricketer in his younger days. Still remember the "come on" sledge to Varun Aaron after he bowled him on a no ball in 2014 Test series.

Captaincy to SRH in 2016 I saw his different side, where he was quite supportive of his bowlers. I think under his captaincy Bhuvi transformed himself into a decent T20 bowler plus Kaul & Sandeep flourished as well. This was the tenure when he started to become popular in Telugu culture and Warner as well acknowledged that with open heart.

Post Sandpaper gate saga, he completely transformed himself, became a 180 degree different player than what he used to be and began to recognise as one of the likeable characters across the world, I think along with Gayle, ABDV & Brett Lee he is one of the cricketers who has massive fan following in India.

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Was an extremely competitive & borderline "rude" cricketer in his younger days. Still remember the "come on" sledge to Varun Aaron after he bowled him on a no ball in 2014 Test series.

Captaincy to SRH in 2016 I saw his different side, where he was quite supportive of his bowlers. I think under his captaincy Bhuvi transformed himself into a decent T20 bowler plus Kaul & Sandeep flourished as well. This was the tenure when he started to become popular in Telugu culture and Warner as well acknowledged that with open heart.

Post Sandpaper gate saga, he completely transformed himself, became a 180 degree different player than what he used to be and began to recognise as one of the likeable characters across the world, I think along with Gayle, ABDV & Brett Lee he is one of the cricketers who has massive fan following in India.

Punched Joe Root in a pub during 2013 CT and was banned.

Also to Rohit Sharma he once said something like, "stop talking gibberish and speak in English". Got a lot of flak for that.

Won 2015 WC, 2023 WC, 2021 T20 WC, 2023 WTC. 4 *ing ICC trophies, here in India we still harp on about 1983 and 2011 and hold annual functions to celebrate those trophies. We'll keep living in the past and Aussies will win 5 more ICC trophies before we win another one. 

1983 got a movie, we made a movie about Dhoni. Wonder if Aussies laugh in private about 1.4 billion India's mediocre standards. 

Edited by Gollum
2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Won 2015 WC, 2023 WC, 2021 T20 WC, 2023 WTC. 4 *ing ICC trophies, here in India we still harp on about 1983 and 2011 and hold annual functions to celebrate those trophies. We'll keep living in the past and Aussies will win 5 more ICC trophies before we win another one. 

1983 got a movie, we made a movie about Dhoni. Wonder if Aussies laugh in private about 1.4 billion India's mediocre standards. 

True. Unreal it is. Cummins, Hazelwood, Starc, Smith are the other ones who have won it all..

9 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Aaron deserved that. He gave him a send off only for it to be a no ball :giggle:

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Difference between a third world country and a first world country.

Mindset will change as we get richer and more successful I guess. Just human nature.

Pakistan is even worse. They celebrates hit like 21 World T20 group stage win and 14 Asia Cup.

So what happened to this first world mindset till 2021 when Australia won for the first time t20 world cup after many other teams.WI a third world country had won it twice before so called first world country.

On the topic Warner is best overall batsman in last decade.

Edited by putrevus
3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

These goras play for 10-12 years and gtfo. Our guys keep playing forever until they are questioned about their usage. It has been there in the culture from Patuadi/Bedi/KapilDev/SRT and forward. Jaldi kisaklo bhai!

That is not true, Ponting played 17 years, Kallis played for 18 years, Steve Waugh played for 19 years.

Sehwag played only for 12 years.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

That is not true, Ponting played 17 years, Kallis played for 18 years, Steve Waugh played for 19 years.

Sehwag played only for 12 years.

Some outoutliers are going to be there.  But I was talking in general. Sehwag, Gambhir didn’t retire , but were dropped as Rohit, Dhawan got better. Now, Rohit and Kohli are extending their T20 careers 

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Some outoutliers are going to be there.  But I was talking in general. Sehwag, Gambhir didn’t retire , but were dropped as Rohit, Dhawan got better. Now, Rohit and Kohli are extending their T20 careers 

When a guy like Pandya who in eight years of his international has one lousy 63 to show for has become defacto captain and guy like Rahul who has done nothing in his international cricket but stink under pressure but becomes captain of India in all formats.

What can you say about Rohit and Kohli. 

Never saw any likeable post regarding any Indian player EVER in any of NZ, Eng, Aus, SA or any other videshi player in their forums.They *ing hate us.

Hahahhaa someone has opened a Separate Topic for a videshi player here. Yeh sab andar se maile hain. Retire ho ke ehsan kar diya kya. Anyway.. That's my personal opinion. Fukin Hate the Aussies from the bottom of my heart. 

Edited by nitinbwj