Maldives vs Lakshwadeep

ravishingravi

Went to Lakshadweep last year. Nothing there for any tourists to go see to be honest. Needs a lot of development. Both Andaman/Nicobar and Lakshadweep can be awesome if developed into tourist destinations. Need to be high end though. Mass tourism will destroy both sets of islands. They cannot and should not handle mass tourism. 

54 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Went to Lakshadweep last year. Nothing there for any tourists to go see to be honest. Needs a lot of development. Both Andaman/Nicobar and Lakshadweep can be awesome if developed into tourist destinations. Need to be high end though. Mass tourism will destroy both sets of islands. They cannot and should not handle mass tourism. 

Agree- its all good and well saying we need to go Lakshwadeep- yes but that's a 10 year plan. Indians can have alternate destinations who do not hate India. TO develop the Indian islands, high end 5* resorts need to be created, an airport needs to be made which can handle these passengers, strict surveillance on cleanliness and how Indian tourists behave must be in place to protect the beauty. Most middle class and lower Indian travellers dont have basic civic sense so if you cant change them, then put financial barriers in place.

We have to be nationalistic but pragmatic and logical too- its a step by step process.

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

Should not be for mass. Should be for elite or rich. Like Maldives.

49 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Agree- its all good and well saying we need to go Lakshwadeep- yes but that's a 10 year plan. Indians can have alternate destinations who do not hate India. TO develop the Indian islands, high end 5* resorts need to be created, an airport needs to be made which can handle these passengers, strict surveillance on cleanliness and how Indian tourists behave must be in place to protect the beauty. Most middle class and lower Indian travellers dont have basic civic sense so if you cant change them, then put financial barriers in place.

We have to be nationalistic but pragmatic and logical too- its a step by step process.

Pushing in house tourism is no brainer. We dont need foreigners at this stage. Next 6 years should be about developing the infra for customer experience. It should no and will not be like the west. That we should accept. However, it should be a brand on its own with its own unique USP.

3 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Pushing in house tourism is no brainer. We dont need foreigners at this stage. Next 6 years should be about developing the infra for customer experience. It should no and will not be like the west. That we should accept. However, it should be a brand on its own with its own unique USP.

it is- but which Indian tourists are we going to target while maintaining the pristine nature and ecological balance of these Islands. As i said the vast majority of middle classes and lower, Indian travellers don't have the civic sense to keep such places tidy and follow rules so the only way you can keep this behaviour away is to make it accesible to the wealthy only- maybe only rich businessmen and celebrities will go- maybe for now this should suffice. Yes maybe all indians may not be able to travel but atleast the revenue is kept within India and more tax is collected rather than to foreign govs who abuse our PM and hindus

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

it is- but which Indian tourists are we going to target while maintaining the pristine nature and ecological balance of these Islands. As i said the vast majority of middle classes and lower, Indian travellers don't have the civic sense to keep such places tidy and follow rules so the only way you can keep this behaviour away is to make it accesible to the wealthy only- maybe only rich businessmen and celebrities will go- maybe for now this should suffice. Yes maybe all indians may not be able to travel but atleast the revenue is kept within India and more tax is collected rather than to foreign govs who abuse our PM and hindus

That’s very patronizing. It’s not that they all  have no civic sense. I have seen people traveling in airplanes trashing and misbehaving more. Also, Lakshadweep tourism is targeted towards higher middle class with disposable income, the ones that have been going to Maldives, Srilankai etc

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

That’s very patronizing. It’s not that they all  have no civic sense. I have seen people traveling in airplanes trashing and misbehaving more. Also, Lakshadweep tourism is targeted towards higher middle class with disposable income, the ones that have been going to Maldives, Srilankai etc

I didnt mean every single indian- I meant most people in the lower middle class bracket and below dont have much civic sense. So I agree with you that Lakshwadeep tourism must be limited to people with higher disposable incomes- its not to say they all have civic sense but as they have experience of traveling aboard and following rules, they are more likely yo follow it here

A lot of Congressi YouTubers, influencers, intellectuals are taking potshots at Lakshadweep and the BJP government for making it a Twitter war. 

GDTWepTbUAAyeVz?format=jpg&name=medium

Hyper Nationalism is bad, but sell-outs can be easily identified in this saga. Why do we need enemies when we have mandbuddhijeevis in India? 

Edited by coffee_rules

I know nothing about Maldives. But Lakshadweep is stunning. Had a chance to spend a few days there in the early '90s for a "field trip" as a Botany student. Not sure how much field-work we did, but it was brilliant in every other way.

If I recall correctly, alcohol was not allowed on the islands (strictly Islamic), but folks drank and made merry on the ship. Not sure how it is now.

12 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I didnt mean every single indian- I meant most people in the lower middle class bracket and below dont have much civic sense. So I agree with you that Lakshwadeep tourism must be limited to people with higher disposable incomes- its not to say they all have civic sense but as they have experience of traveling aboard and following rules, they are more likely yo follow it here

In some ways, I agree with the fact that there are classless people. Most of the hill-stations in the north - Shimla, Manali, Some in UKhand, are dirty to the core, with yoth throwing beer-bottles everywhere, rave parties and what have you , These are usually upper-class people from Delhi, Haryana, Punjab with access to roads with expensive vehicles . We certianly have no class in maintaining tourist places. Garbage pile-up near Atal Tunnel in HP:

ajes8q3g_atal-tunnel-garbage_625x300_31_

Edited by coffee_rules

Maldivians( Or whatever they call themselves) genuinely hate Indians with a passion. Have interacted with a lot of them on FB discussing football rivalry with them over the years and they are absolutely vile. While I expect a bit of banter but they always come back with attacks on our culture. Proper degenerates. Let's just say I wouldn't mind if either the climate or China f##ks them up. 

Anyways it's good to see the awareness being spread on our magnificent island

Found this on Lakshadweep sub Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lakshadweep_Islands/s/3YLOg8egBd

Pretty detailed for anyone planning a trip

Edited by Vickydev

Edited by Gollum