Nudity in bollywood

goose

On 1/29/2024 at 4:45 PM, Muloghonto said:

You realise that your precious westerners burnt just as many women as witches per year as indians burnt widows ? 

Given that western world has 20 times higher rape per capita than Asia on average, why would you associate raping women with our values and not western values ?

If you live in a society, then what is legal or not is society's business, determined by popular consensus. Again, you are yet to explain why should we adopt these inferior values, as its demonstrable that westerners have shittier outcome than Indians at virtually everything in the west itself ?

Man, woman or anyone else- you do not have the freedom to do as you wish in public common space. You have that freedom on you private property.

In common property, which the government lands are, democratic mandate determines what is acceptable conduct or not.

So you can stop your disgusting pro-rape & pro-woman's sexual subjugation values taught to you by your western liberal masters. 

Why you keep insisting on public nudity, no one either men or women  is allowed to do that in western world also other than some designated places.

Women in western world have more rights than in India.There are no two ways about it.

If you want to live in 1950s world that is your problem..No one cares about your 1950s values.Don't disguise that in religious and moral values.

Women have every right to express themselves in way they chose, they don't  need another man to tell them what to say,do or wear..

5 hours ago, mishra said:

I think there are two ways to look at it.

Do you think Khajuraho also represents India? Everyone who are arguing @Muloghonto are justifying based on that.

Now second part which is tougher to answer, I think Mulo is coming from.

Do you think females from your own family be inspired and adapt Khajuraho?

Even I cant answer this because I dont see anything wrong with other who want to adapt Khajuraho, But I will rather like my family mebers to take inspiration from other parts of Indian culture. Yes I am Hippocrat

Movies should also stop showing murders and people drinking/smoking, since I don't want my family members to take inspiration from them :agree:

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Movies should also stop showing murders and people drinking/smoking, since I don't want my family members to take inspiration from them :agree:

oh the innocent lord. :bow:

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why you keep insisting on public nudity, no one either men or women  is allowed to do that in western world also other than some designated places.

False. In most western countries, topless nudity is legal for both the sexes. 

Women in western world have more rights than in India.There are no two ways about it.

But women in western world are far unsafer than they are in India. There are no two ways about it. What rights do western women have that Indian women do not ?

If you want to live in 1950s world that is your problem..No one cares about your 1950s values.Don't disguise that in religious and moral values.

Most people live in the 1950s values and its not my problem if you want to push **** values with **** outcomes on society and cannot handle being called out for such. 

Women have every right to express themselves in way they chose, they don't  need another man to tell them what to say,do or wear..

Clothing protocol isnt a fundamental right and that protocol is dictated by democratic mandate. If we as society choose to disallow nudity or skimpy clothing from public, we have that right. 

I asked you a few questions and i am yet to get answers for those so i will repeat again : why should we adopt inferior outcomes values of the western world and why did you associate burning women and rapes with Indian culture, when your western culture burnt just as many and are today orders of magnitude more rapey than India or any asian nation is ?? 

Why should we adopt values that lead to mass rapes of women in society ?

Edited by Muloghonto

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Why do you insist on calling it public nudity?

Except for designated areas earmarked by the respective states and except for certain religious people, public nudity is illegal in India. U/S 294 IPC. 

Nudity on screen is a different matter altogether.

It is on screen, if at all, and has been regulated by a statutory GoI body; The Censor Board. 

Lets make that distinction.

I am using public nudity as an example. On screen is regulated and my entire position is that the regulation is justified and if censors say that xyz is too graphic, that has to be respected, instead of being a blind chamchaa of western sensibilities.

18 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I am using public nudity as an example. On screen is regulated and my entire position is that the regulation is justified and if censors say that xyz is too graphic, that has to be respected, instead of being a blind chamchaa of western sensibilities.

Why bring in the West here? Leave them be.

There is a problem with the way censors operate. As per the cinematograph Act , they were initially supposed to only regulate content by providing age related certifications. Their powers were enhanced by amendments which let the censor board make cuts. 
I have read about some cases where film makers have contested the decisions of the film makers re: nudity/semi nudity. Nudity is deemed acceptable when the scene/plot necessitates it. But if the plot line doesn’t deem it necessary, it is generally snipped at. Talking about commercial cinema. 

All of this is based on the highly subjective opinions of those on the board. Less than ideal, don’t you think?

43 minutes ago, Lord said:

Warning to detein hain. Smoking is injurious to health. Dont give ideas else new warning will be displayed upon violent scenes too

15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

There is a problem with the way censors operate. As per the cinematograph Act , they were initially supposed to only regulate content by providing age related certifications. Their powers were enhanced by amendments which let the censor board make cuts. 
I have read about some cases where film makers have contested the decisions of the film makers re: nudity/semi nudity. Nudity is deemed acceptable when the scene/plot necessitates it. But if the plot line doesn’t deem it necessary, it is generally snipped at. Talking about commercial cinema. 

All of this is based on the highly subjective opinions of those on the board. Less than ideal, don’t you think?

That the cendor board is inconsistent is not the issue, the OP states there is no need for cendor board to censor nudity in mainstream movies.  Another argument I have heard that it should be allowed if it is tastefully or artfully done. That is also subjective. Some kids wan to give Mia Khalifa an Oscar as well for her art. 

20 minutes ago, mishra said:

Warning to detein hain. Smoking is injurious to health. Dont give ideas else new warning will be displayed upon violent scenes too

Murder/drinking/assault?

31 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Because western values are being espoused here - thats where the whole ' women can dress however they want/indians are rapey/wife burning/its nobody's business how someone else dresses or whats shown on screen' ideology is coming from. 

31 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

yes, its less than ideal but its still better than most nations in terms of censor board responsibilities.

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Next what? Gayness should be allowed openely in india and in movies?. They should have the same things arabs do for that…get their head cut off!

No. 

Either parade them nearly naked in front of kids or kill them is the western mentality- they did the same thing with transgender people. In our culture, LGBT are not platformed, neither are they murdered or incarcerated. They can do their business behind closed doors as they wish. In public space, where kids are also present, they, like us heterosexuals, will have to follow basic indian social contract of public behaviour. 

4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

No. 

Either parade them nearly naked in front of kids or kill them is the western mentality- they did the same thing with transgender people. In our culture, LGBT are not platformed, neither are they murdered or incarcerated. They can do their business behind closed doors as they wish. In public space, where kids are also present, they, like us heterosexuals, will have to follow basic indian social contract of public behaviour. 

yes what happens behind doors is either own problem. Inhate this bs lgbt, in any cluture its a taboo. And disgusting.

The problem is that even if the Censor board was changed to a certification board and rated content 18+ due to nudity/violence. The cinema industry in India is so lax when it comes to implementing rules. In the West cinema staff wont let kids go into a 18+ screen but in india there isnt that control- so how do you effectively balance rating content and making sure the guidelines  are followed

20 hours ago, Chaos said:

Next what? Gayness should be allowed openely in india and in movies?. They should have the same things arabs do for that…get their head cut off!

Yes but Sharia will also allow to cut non believers head off (I am assuming you are a Non Muslim:phehe: so that's the catch here....  Time to implement Blasphemy laws like Padosis:flame:

28 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yes but Sharia will also allow to cut non believers head off (I am assuming you are a Non Muslim:phehe: so that's the catch here....  Time to implement Blasphemy laws like Padosis:flame:

im hindu n proud of it. Nudity to extend is needed …as in not showing private parts. Heck even telugu mass movies are like that now to attract more people ($$$$). What i see as a growing trend is open gayness in south india is shocking and should not be allowed in public. Not our culture…keep that stuff in ur house in private or in closet. It disgusting how usa has become n its nauseating in that sense. Small kids minds r getting effed in their minds…i see my niece's asking these questions and i just divert it saying its gross.

35 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

on padosis… their sharia rule is… if you are not a terrorist your head is cutt off :cheer:

Bollywood nudity leads to Jharkhand rape. Where is the headline. Too much nudity in the screens not much in real life leads to KLPD which leads to rape. We have to chose not to mimic the west in terms of nudity. The whole of western countries are going down the gutter. Do we want to be like that. Do we want to be far worse with the way our people are enchanted by nudity. Gimme a break