Nudity in bollywood

goose

Bollywood actresses (i used the term loosely) are getting naked. From Disha Patani to Nora Fatehi, the trend is firmly less is more. where will it all end? On the plus side they have all discovered the gym so the nation's health is on the up.

But best of all are the comments on social media. These are my favourite comments next to a post of Disha Patani practially naked:

'success and blessings'

'sameless'

'most beautiful'

'so smart'

'no need to wear'

'anyone friendship and chat with love'

You named 2 of the most hot people:two_thumbs_up:..add kriti , Alia, Neha Sharma etc...nora is an excellent and graceful dancer as well. Nudity is only a problem when watching with parents or kids.

(I watch neither movies nor tv series, neither Hindi nor English, just watch YouTube vids, last movie RRR long back)

Edited by randomGuy

15 hours ago, goose said:

Bollywood actresses (i used the term loosely) are getting naked. From Disha Patani to Nora Fatehi, the trend is firmly less is more. where will it all end? On the plus side they have all discovered the gym so the nation's health is on the up.

But best of all are the comments on social media. These are my favourite comments next to a post of Disha Patani practially naked:

'success and blessings'

'sameless'

'most beautiful'

'so smart'

'no need to wear'

'anyone friendship and chat with love'

Calling them "actress" is being obscenely charitable to them.

All of what you said speaks to the audience level in India rather than the actresses themselves.  Would there be a market for this if the audience was not lapping this up.

Bollywood picked up a piece of reject garbage like Sunny Leone who would not find a place in mainstream or downtrodden television or z-grade budget movies was treated like some bigshot celebrity.

Thats why alot of people have lost interest in Bollywood a long time back.

3 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Calling them "actress" is being obscenely charitable to them.

All of what you said speaks to the audience level in India rather than the actresses themselves.  Would there be a market for this if the audience was not lapping this up.

Bollywood picked up a piece of reject garbage like Sunny Leone who would not find a place in mainstream or downtrodden television or z-grade budget movies was treated like some bigshot celebrity.

Thats why alot of people have lost interest in Bollywood a long time back.

it's not even the bollywood films themselves. it's what they get up to in between flms. the tik tok generation and hordes of iphones means they are on display 24/7 and they are no longer bound by the constraints of 'family viewing'. some of them do look great.

If they are willing to flaunt it and someone is paying to see it.More power to them.

Censors can give them A certificates.

Why curb someone's freedom.It is a free country people should be allowed to do what they please as long they are done thru proper channels.

Stop telling women what to wear and what not to wear.It is their choice.

People need to stop using religion as some kind of excuse to control women.

Edited by putrevus

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

If they are willing to flaunt it and someone is paying to see it.More power to them.

Why curb someone's freedom.It is a free country people should be allowed to do what they please as long they are done thru proper channels.

Because the lessons from western society should be obvious in what happens when you have too much freedom. 
And no, there is no such statute regarding freedom. Free country means you are free from government oppression and freedom of speech. Not to have public nudity. 

Why should we follow these idiotic western ideals, when it leads to objectively inferior outcome than our way, which is far in line with common human ethics worldwide ? 

42 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Because the lessons from western society should be obvious in what happens when you have too much freedom. 
And no, there is no such statute regarding freedom. Free country means you are free from government oppression and freedom of speech. Not to have public nudity. 

Why should we follow these idiotic western ideals, when it leads to objectively inferior outcome than our way, which is far in line with common human ethics worldwide ? 

It is not about Indian or western. No one is asking you to follow anything.

It is about women having a choice to do what they want to do . They don’t want to deal with someone telling what is right for them.

They are not nude, they are wearing clothes of their choice. If you have problem don’t look at those pictures or them.

Problem is on your side not on the women.

9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It is not about Indian or western. No one is asking you to follow anything.

Ofcourse it is. The values you espouse are western liberal values and not Indian. 

It is about women having a choice to do what they want to do . They don’t want to deal with someone telling what is right for them.

Choice, like everything has limits. Women share public space with everyone else, so common ground rules are required for all- if you wanna prance around naked in your own private property, thats your perogative. In public space, it is subject to the wishes of all. 

They are not nude, they are wearing clothes of their choice. If you have problem don’t look at those pictures or them.

Problem is on your side not on the women.

Again, tell me why we should accept said values you espouse, when they lead to far shittier outcomes for society.  If i am free to not look at them, then they are free not to offend my eyes in a public space. Problem is on your side, espousing **** values with **** outcomes. The question is, why. 

Or are you unaware that your precious western liberal values lead to shittier outcomes for women, children and families than ours ?

On 1/26/2024 at 9:21 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

Ii think we are still a decade or so away from seeing topless nudity in Bollywood by mainstream actresses

nudity in some way shape or form  has been around Indian cinema for a while now. Sharmila tagore, zeenat aman have dressed in a manner which was considered way ahead for our conservative society. Parinda which released way back in early 90s had Madhuri and Anil in a much talked about intimate scene. The difference today is social media. Had it been back then am sure Parinda would have been discussed for all the wrong reasons. 

13 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Again, tell me why we should accept said values you espouse, when they lead to far shittier outcomes for society.  If i am free to not look at them, then they are free not to offend my eyes in a public space. Problem is on your side, espousing **** values with **** outcomes. The question is, why. 

Or are you unaware that your precious western liberal values lead to shittier outcomes for women, children and families than ours ?

What does that even mean? How freethey free to not do anything? Free means they decide to do it or not, Just like you are free to watch or not watch.They are not breaking any law.

3 hours ago, Lord said:

What does that even mean? How freethey free to not do anything? Free means they decide to do it or not, Just like you are free to watch or not watch.They are not breaking any law.

it is breaking the law actually. And yes, they are free to follow the law or suffer consequences of breaking the law. That is also a choice right there.

On 1/27/2024 at 3:27 PM, putrevus said:

They can wear what they want but what is their contribution or role on cinema industry they shouldn’t act in such movies where nudity is needed. Apart from being eye candy I haven’t seen many Indian movie actress having big roles in movies apart from dances and songs.

Edited by gattaca

I don't understand Muloghonto's argument .   

What is the correlation between nudity and worse outcomes for society?

Is there even a correlation let alone can you prove causation.

?

If anything Western society is a lot tamer now than it was in the Swinging sixties but nudity is a lot more common now.

Just give such movies an adult rating and be done with it. 

Trust adults to be responsible enough to make their own choices.