MoM - Jadeja

Well done Jaddu for the 100 + 5 wicket haul. This was his dream as said in an interview and now he's done it twice. Came in at no.5 when India was in trouble. His partnership with Rohit saved India.

He quietly became the 12th man to get 3000 runs and 250 wickets during this test.

300 wickets is not far away. 

Soft target for attacks for his faults but has  served India well.

1 hour ago, cricspirit said:

Well done Jaddu for the 100 + 5 wicket haul. This was his dream as said in an interview and now he's done it twice. Came in at no.5 when India was in trouble. His partnership with Rohit saved India.

He quietly became the 12th man to get 3000 runs and 250 wickets during this test.

300 wickets is not far away. 

Soft target for attacks for his faults but has  served India well.

yeah hope he does it this series. Next Test series is far away

India test all time XI( in Asian conditions) :-

Gavaskar

Sehwag

Dravid

Tendulkar

Kohli

Jadeja

Dhoni(wkt)

Kapil

Ashwin

kumble

Bumrah

Outside Asia :-

Gavaskar

Sehwag

Dravid

Tendulkar

Kohli

Pant(wkt)

Jadeja

Kapil

Zak

Shami

Bumrah

Phenomenal team

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Gavaskar

Sehwag

Dravid

Tendulkar

Kohli

Jadeja

Dhoni(wkt)

Kapil

Ashwin

kumble

Bumrah

Gavaskar

Sehwag

Dravid

Tendulkar

Kohli

Pant(wkt)

Jadeja

Kapil

Zak

Shami

Bumrah

Phenomenal team

In Asian conditions, Kohli doesn't make the team. He simply isnt good enough on square turning/crumbling pitches. I will put Azhar and VVS ahead of Kohli in desi conditions and may even include the strokeless wonder+spin butcher Sidhu in the middle order over Kohli in home conditions.

Except for a South African allrounder from ww2 times ( i forget his name @Vijy help out here) , there has never been a test allrounder who averages 40+ with the bat and less than 30 with the ball.

Jaddu as of now stands 37+ with the bat and 24+ with the ball. This is imran khan territory and with Jaddu averaging 50+ with the bat in the last 3 years ( not entirely padded by not outs either-he is scoring 45 runs per innings ) he has a good chance of being the first man since ww2 to end his career averaging 40+ with the bat and below 30 with the ball.

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

Gavaskar

Sehwag

Dravid

Tendulkar

Kohli

Jadeja

Dhoni(wkt)

Kapil

Ashwin

kumble

Bumrah

Gavaskar

Sehwag

Dravid

Tendulkar

Kohli

Pant(wkt)

Jadeja

Kapil

Zak

Shami

Bumrah

Phenomenal team

Over two years ago a wise old guy on ICF said this and still stands by it:

If someone woke me up from deep sleep and said, "Chal ... uTh, all-time India team banaate hain ...", I'd be like:  "Pehle Rishabh Pant ka naam likho.  Baaki kal subah dekhenge." 

15 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Except for a South African allrounder from ww2 times ( i forget his name @Vijy help out here) , there has never been a test allrounder who averages 40+ with the bat and less than 30 with the ball.

Jaddu as of now stands 37+ with the bat and 24+ with the ball. This is imran khan territory and with Jaddu averaging 50+ with the bat in the last 3 years ( not entirely padded by not outs either-he is scoring 45 runs per innings ) he has a good chance of being the first man since ww2 to end his career averaging 40+ with the bat and below 30 with the ball.

Aubrey Faulkner from the prehistoric (pre World War One!) era.

I don't think Jaddu's batting avg will cross 40, but I think he will end his career as a more accomplished batter than Imran, who was a fine batter in Tests but more of a lower/middle order consolidator.

Five more who came close to the coveted >40 batting avg and <30 bowling avg (with the additional requirement of >2 wkts per match) record are:

Sir Garry Sobers: had a weak start with the ball, otherwise he would have qualified.

Imran Khan: closest to Jaddu on current stats

Keith Miller: also very close to Jaddu on current stats (didn't bowl as much as he could, because of injuries. An underachiever with the bat, from what I've read)

Tony Greig: Nasty fellow in some ways, but one cannot debate his AR skill.

Shakib al Hasan: closest to Jaddu among modern day ARs

33 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

After 1987, Imran Khan scored 1000-1200 runs in test series where he barely bowled anything and played mainly as batting captain.

12 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Aubrey Faulkner from the prehistoric (pre World War One!) era.

I don't think Jaddu's batting avg will cross 40, but I think he will end his career as a more accomplished batter than Imran, who was a fine batter in Tests but more of a lower/middle order consolidator.

Five more who came close to the coveted >40 batting avg and <30 bowling avg (with the additional requirement of >2 wkts per match) record are:

Sir Garry Sobers: had a weak start with the ball, otherwise he would have qualified.

Imran Khan: closest to Jaddu on current stats

Keith Miller: also very close to Jaddu on current stats (didn't bowl as much as he could, because of injuries. An underachiever with the bat, from what I've read)

Tony Greig: Nasty fellow in some ways, but one cannot debate his AR skill.

Shakib al Hasan: closest to Jaddu among modern day ARs

If he can continue this run for another 3 years then he can.

4 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

After 1987, Imran Khan scored 1000-1200 runs in test series where he barely bowled anything and played mainly as batting captain.

at his 7-8 yr peak, he had 40+ batting avg and <20 bowling avg.