Mayank Yadav The Next Micheal Holding.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

You all need to see what vegetarianism did to Siddle's pace, and career. 

Our golden boy Neeraj Chopra was a kattar vegetarian till 2016 (World Junior championship). After that when he started training with the best in the world, he turned to eating meat. Now a proper non-veg guy, while his entire family is veg. Biomechanically, fast bowling is closest to javelin.

Speaking from personal experience itself, consuming meat was a game changer. Eggs is sufficient enough but ideally it would be wise to add lean chicken or beef or fish as well. 

So much stronger, durable and even overall healthier. When I say consume meat, I don't McDonald's and eating fried meat etc. Lean meat that is cooked with minimum oil etc. 

3 hours ago, New guy said:

Whey is a supplement, not normal food. You need to grow up on protein rich food right from childhood to be strong, supplements etc will come later to reach optimum strength and add on top of diet after you already have a strong normal body .

And best and most efficient source of that is non veg food, not to mention really tasty so you can eat a lot of it.

Whey wsa my main source of food for atleast an yeear. Dinner atleast. You can substitute food with Whey. Just that it won't haave and micronutrients.  Thata is where supplements come into use.  Vegetables and multimvitamin. If you simply look for pure protein meat is not necessarry. i am  a heaavy meat eater. Those who don't eat meat can get it frrom other source.   Infact durinig bulking phase (ii don't do it anymore) i had more w hey than meat

My problem with this theory is we do have meat eating bowlers who also lose pace over a period not gain much. It is more than meat.  Pakistani "meat eaters" hardly have a career. When was the last time a pakistani took 200 wickets in Tests?  Injury is something that will happen regardless of what you eat. Easier the action you are going to be less prone to injury. From that point Mayank has relatively easy action. Second of all at some point batsmen will get used to Mayank and target his chinks. How will he respond? How will he enhance his skills. We have to look from a cricketing perspective. Not from diet perspective as if that is the only reason we lose bowlers. Yes it is important. Too early to worry about die.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

My problem with this theory is we do have meat eating bowlers who also lose pace over a period not gain much. It is more than meat.  Pakistani "meat eaters" hardly have a career. When was the last time a pakistani took 200 wickets in Tests?  Injury is something that will happen regardless of what you eat. Easier the action you are going to be less prone to injury. From that point Mayank has relatively easy action. Second of all at some point batsmen will get used to Mayank and target his chinks. How will he respond? How will he enhance his skills. We have to look from a cricketing perspective. Not from diet perspective as if that is the only reason we lose bowlers. Yes it is important. Too early to worry about die.

Pakistani eat meat but they eat fried meat, sauteed meat not lean meat

If you are going to eat fried meat, you might as well be a vegetarian. No difference there. 

You can add oil but not too much lol. They go way overboard. Too much salt as well.

Edited by Kron

Should this thread be renamed to: Mayank Yadav, the next X?

X = Mfuneko Ngam, Brett Schulz, Mohd. Zahid, etc...

Only time will tell. But I feel that he will either become a legit great (even if he has short-ish career) or will fade away

Edited by Vijy