MAYANK YADAV .... EXPRESS and bouncy Indian pacer who is accurate too

Honestly, Mayank is the only one that intrigues me this IPL.

I only watch IPL to look at the future talents who can represent India.

This IPL is so boring. 

All commentators are doing fantastic PR for Kohli, Rohit, KL. I am attempted to add Gill as he cannot strike over 135 S/R. 

Gill seems more interested in becoming the next Kohli. I heard he has hired the same PR agency as Kohli. All these stunts on top of car. This man is earning 8 crores per yr in IPL itself. When you are earning 8 crores per yr after tax ( adding income from intls and bat sponsor etc .), I have no idea why this Gill wants to be like Kohli in terms of fanbase and ad revenue. For the love of God, why can't these rich bastards just concentrate on batting?

Pan masala ads by sehwag irk me the * out.

On 4/12/2024 at 7:02 PM, Lord said:

Bumrah too didn't suffer any major injury despite that action. 

ishant always had the capability to bowl at 144k to 146k  but   he underperformed in so many tests and ODI 's - never pushed himself much.only when shammi umesh started taking his place he started bowling 143k to 145K,,bcos he did not push himself much...thats why ishant did not injure himself much. agarkar was so slim nd he used to bowl upto 145k.

i dislike ishant on this aspect that he was capable to bowl 140K but most of his career he was an under 135k bowler where as he could have performed much better - guys like this undervalue playing for INDIA. if they are playing for STATE , he can avoid pushing himself but for INDIA , he has no choice but to push himself to the fullest. see coetzee ( Australian bowler) bowling 149k and getting ashutosh caught mishitting , point is he is pushing himself in ipl matches too.

even ishant bowled some Jaffa's in this IPL and 50 % of his balls are kinda Slow and average....

Edited by vishalvirsingh

18 hours ago, cricspirit said:

Bishop is so passionate about fast bowling, need these kind of characters in Ind set-up to promote fast bowling.

There should be a set-up for all faster bowler not just Yadav. Malik, Tyagi, Yadav, Sen, Rana etc should be there in some BCCI program where their process fitness should be monitored and measured.

In recent times state board are finding it difficult to work in such set-up as few bowlers are given a routine to follow and not to allow them more than certain balls/over per day which domestic coaches finding it hard as they do not have know how on how to develop and protect faster bowler

Bring bowler with high pace, good height, who get good bounce and has natural zip. Train them give them proper plan for nutrition and routine and workout.

Monitor the progress and sortout the issue sort out technical issues. Its should not be that hard

They gave contract to 5 bowlers and none of them are getting to bowl in IPL should have been concerning to them, but should get the direct report why these were not chosen in playing 11 and what are the short coming and how would they like to resolve it.

If there is team combination thing ask IPL teams to give them at least these amount of matches to figure, IPL teams would not like it at first but sharing data of bowlers should not be big thing  

Edited by tapandrun

2 hours ago, tapandrun said:

Bishop is so passionate about fast bowling, need these kind of characters in Ind set-up to promote fast bowling.

Bowlers like Bishop, Lee who understand fast bowling know the potential these fast bowlers have.

Umran, Tyagi, Harshit, Sen, Mayank have a lot of untapped potential. If BCCI is really serious then some of these folks can become Bumrah 2.0, 3.0 etc. Not only that's good for Indian cricket but for the world cricket as well.

Ofcourse, not everyone is destined to become a superstar and not everyone is skilled enough to earn mastery of every art of bowling. But together, collectively they all can play a key role in all parts of fast bowling.

Trio of Steyn, Philander, Morkel were different bowler....but they all collectively played a key role and pushed each other to perform well.

If a Bumrah has to bowl alongside low quality bowlers Unadkut or Mukesh or Avesh. His overall potency will go down, pair the same Bumrah with Shami & Siraj and he take up his game several notches above. I can see Bumrah excelling the same way if he is paired against Mayank, Tyagi, Umran or Harshit. Not sure if BCCI don't understand it, or simply they ignore it as for them batters bring most crowd and sponsors.

7 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Bowlers like Bishop, Lee who understand fast bowling know the potential these fast bowlers have.

Umran, Tyagi, Harshit, Sen, Mayank have a lot of untapped potential. If BCCI is really serious then some of these folks can become Bumrah 2.0, 3.0 etc. Not only that's good for Indian cricket but for the world cricket as well.

Ofcourse, not everyone is destined to become a superstar and not everyone is skilled enough to earn mastery of every art of bowling. But together, collectively they all can play a key role in all parts of fast bowling.

Trio of Steyn, Philander, Morkel were different bowler....but they all collectively played a key role and pushed each other to perform well.

If a Bumrah has to bowl alongside low quality bowlers Unadkut or Mukesh or Avesh. His overall potency will go down, pair the same Bumrah with Shami & Siraj and he take up his game several notches above. I can see Bumrah excelling the same way if he is paired against Mayank, Tyagi, Umran or Harshit. Not sure if BCCI don't understand it, or simply they ignore it as for them batters bring most crowd and sponsors.

Harshit, Tyagi are not in the same class as Mayank. He has better control and pace than these trundlers. Umran needs to sort out his mental issues. These Rana's and Sen's wont suceed internationally

16 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

they say fast bowlers hunt in pairs....venky and Srinath- srinath used to scare batsman and venky used to lure them and bowl away going deliveries- see his wickets all are bcos batsman wished to score more runs off him. srinath was good and venky was very very average but later he pushed himself to bowl 130+ and only bcos of srinath , he could get some wickets and bowl better.

11 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Harshit, Tyagi are not in the same class as Mayank. He has better control and pace than these trundlers. Umran needs to sort out his mental issues. These Rana's and Sen's wont suceed internationally

I agree Harshit and tyagi are no where near Mayank as of today- Mayank seems like READY on day 1- perfect LIne, perfect length ( balls rising up to throat, most awkward for batsman to play) and pace like fire.

but Harshit , TYagi , umraan and Kuldeep Sen too are dangerous fast bowlers ...a little more control over line n length and they can become international fast bowlers.

lline length can be taught ,,,pace cannot and they have the Pace.

1 hour ago, nitinbwj said:

Harshit actually has as good control as Mayank...if not better.

Harshit although is more suitable for longer format...he is very similar to Akashdeep in terms of repeatable action. Only recently he has added slower ones in his arsenal.

Tyagi is wayward at times, but is most skillful. He has every delivery you can ask for, including a yorker.

Umran is short and skiddy, unlike the others who are taller and hit the deck. Most of wickets Umran gets is via bowled or lbw. That means he can go for runs at times.

Sen is somewhere in between...not a finished product. His usp was high bounce from good length but he isnt getting that post his comeback. Good thing with his is he isnt floaty like Prasidh with fuller balls.

Pace wise at present

Mayank ~Umran >Tyagi > Sen > Harshit

Skill wise at present

Tyagi > Mayank ~ Harshit > Sen > Umran

Bounce wise

Mayank > Tyagi > Harshit > Sen > Umran

Mental Strength

Tyagi ~ Mayank ~ Harshit > Sen > Umran

Neither of them are trundlers. That term is reserved for Kumar's & Unadkut's & Sharma's.

Edited by singhvivek141

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

they say fast bowlers hunt in pairs....venky and Srinath- srinath used to scare batsman and venky used to lure them and bowl away going deliveries- see his wickets all are bcos batsman wished to score more runs off him. srinath was good and venky was very very average but later he pushed himself to bowl 130+ and only bcos of srinath , he could get some wickets and bowl better.

Absolutely true.

From Childhood I have seen how the bowling pairs of Donald-Pollock, Wasim-Waqar, Ambrose-Walsh hhve decimated the batting orders of the world.

Australia always had good bowlers like Damien Fleming, Jason Gillespie, Brett Lee, Mark Kasprowicz to support McG (plus they had spinners like Warne & McGill).

8 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

Harshit Rana's skills have improved a lot in the last few months. He always had the indipper and now he is bowling the away going ball. He is bowling a really good slower ball in this IPL. And developing his yorker. Improved his accuracy significantly. 

He is as quick as Bumrah ( 135 k to 145 k / 148 k ) , 6'3" tall and gets steep bounce. Moreover he can bowl long fiery spells in FCC and can mix up deliveries to keep batters guessing in T20s.

A really top class talent.

Kartik Tyagi is amazingly skilful and bowling upto 153 k in 2023/24. If he can get his lines right, he will be very difficult to handle.

6 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Harshit actually has as good control as Mayank...if not better.

Harshit although is more suitable for longer format...he is very similar to Akashdeep in terms of repeatable action. Only recently he has added slower ones in his arsenal.

Tyagi is wayward at times, but is most skillful. He has every delivery you can ask for, including a yorker.

Umran is short and skiddy, unlike the others who are taller and hit the deck. Most of wickets Umran gets is via bowled or lbw. That means he can go for runs at times.

Sen is somewhere in between...not a finished product. His usp was high bounce from good length but he isnt getting that post his comeback. Good thing with his is he isnt floaty like Prasidh with fuller balls.

Pace wise at present

Mayank ~Umran >Tyagi > Sen > Harshit

Skill wise at present

Tyagi > Mayank ~ Harshit > Sen > Umran

Bounce wise

Mayank > Tyagi > Harshit > Sen > Umran

Mental Strength

Tyagi ~ Mayank ~ Harshit > Sen > Umran

Neither of them are trundlers. That term is reserved for Kumar's & Unadkut's & Sharma's.

I reckon Mayank is little quicker than Umran on average...  Both can match each other on top speeds. 

Harshit I think is more refined bowler than Mayank & is ideal Test standard pacer...  Who knows his strengths & can bowl long spells. 

Mayank obviously has highest ceiling among them all. 

9 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I reckon Mayank is little quicker than Umran on average...  Both can match each other on top speeds. 

Yeah.  Umran has probably bowled 4 to 6 balls above 154 k in so many IPL and international matches.  Mayank has already matched that in 2 matches. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Harshit I think is more refined bowler than Mayank & is ideal Test standard pacer...  Who knows his strengths & can bowl long spells. 

Mayank obviously has highest ceiling among them all. 

Mayank is in a category by himself because he can bowl 154-155 kph balls. only 3 who match him are shoaib, lee, and tait

Update from Langer

"He is working really hard. He bowled really well this morning. Keeping fingers crossed, I think he will be back in the next game or so," Langer said from the dugout during the clash against Chennai.

The "or so" bothers me. Looks like they are using him up in the nets.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/cricket/when-will-mayank-yadav-play-in-ipl-2024-again-lsg-head-coach-justin-langer-provides-major-update-2024-04-19-927075

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

Mayank is in a category by himself because he can bowl 154-155 kph balls. only 3 who match him are shoaib, lee, and tait

Umran has done it too. Consistently averages close to 150k the same as Mayank. And Umran has bowled at 154-155 in more than 3 games with speed gun. He still holds the record for the fastest ball ever bowled by an Indian pacer. Mayank easily is the better bowler though.

There's Fidel Edwards who almost always seemed to bowl in that pace range. But again lacked the control that Mayank has.