Is Kohli's IPL Performance Being Staged to Secure WC 2024 Spot?

We're seeing all these dropped catches, botched run outs, and those commentators just going nuts over Kohli's slow-as-a-snail century. Makes you wonder, right? Is the IPL and Indian Cricket sort of setting things up to make Kohli the top scorer this season? Maybe they're hoping it'll give the selectors an easy excuse to automatically slot him into the 2024 World Cup squad. After all, he's like the marketing golden boy of the season. What do you think?

Yes - the commentators are for sure trying to help his cause . 

today Rohit scored a 47 at strike rate of 180 . Ishan kishan too strike rate of 180 . 
mumbai Indians made a v good 235 total 

no centuries .that’s the template of t20 . If laymen like us understand , why wouldn’t commentators know it ? 

the way IPL is , franchises make money irrespective of win or loss . Only two teams will have big earning through prize money - 

I don’t think franchises care about winning IPL . They just want fanboys and kohli is the golden duck for them . 

with his style of batting we are guranteed a semi final spot . We are also guranteed a semifinal loss or a final loss 

11 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Yes - the commentators are for sure trying to help his cause . 

today Rohit scored a 47 at strike rate of 180 . Ishan kishan too strike rate of 180 . 
mumbai Indians made a v good 235 total 

no centuries .that’s the template of t20 . If laymen like us understand , why wouldn’t commentators know it ? 

the way IPL is , franchises make money irrespective of win or loss . Only two teams will have big earning through prize money - 

I don’t think franchises care about winning IPL . They just want fanboys and kohli is the golden duck for them . 

with his style of batting we are guranteed a semi final spot . We are also guranteed a semifinal loss or a final loss 

They scored 235 for one reason : Shepherd.

Kohli is better than both Sharma and Ishan.

Edited by putrevus

If Kohli is selected, there goes another wasted tourney. We can't overcome the combined burden of Rohit and Kohli at the top of the order. Along with Kohli, likes of Jadeja and KL Rahul need to be kept away as well. None of these deserve a spot in the T20 squad.

15 hours ago, putrevus said:

They scored 235 for one reason : Shepherd.

Kohli is better than both Sharma and Ishan.

They would have still scored more than 200 without sheppard, not 180 like RCB does,

also a good platform enables hitters to go nuts, a bad one ensures they choke, look at what happens to maxwell and others at RCB while MI regularly has big hitters performing every season. If you think thats a coincidence, you are dumb, any team with kohli will have uncertain and failing later order hitters

Kohli is better at stat padding and eating balls ensuring team doesnt get good total. 

From KKR batting coach - Abhishek Nayar. Teams are noticing that Kohli is an accumulator and that is factored in their planning. RCB will be lucky to avoid wooden spoon this year

"I feel a lot of teams and franchises today want power players who can hit boundaries and sixes which is why you see a lot of that. But I feel the game still revolves around players who can accumulate runs like a Virat Kohli. But eventually this game is about playing with a higher strike rate, whether that be singles, doubles or fours, that's your formula to success and I feel it's a very individual thing."

5 hours ago, New guy said:

They would have still scored more than 200 without sheppard, not 180 like RCB does,

also a good platform enables hitters to go nuts, a bad one ensures they choke, look at what happens to maxwell and others at RCB while MI regularly has big hitters performing every season. If you think thats a coincidence, you are dumb, any team with kohli will have uncertain and failing later order hitters

Kohli is better at stat padding and eating balls ensuring team doesnt get good total. 

You are dumb if you i think Rohit and Ishan are better.

I repeat in case you are slow to understand. Kohli is 100 times better than both Rohit and ishan.

Edited by putrevus

Kohli doesn't change his game between format. That was the reason why he was successful in 2016 period. That is the reaon why he is ineffective in current set up.  He has to change his game massively in T20. He has to hit a lot more sixes. He has to produce a lot more big overs. He cannot depend on others. His role is not to anchor even if team collapses. There is no room for anchor.

When you have time go through this thread about how Kohli is keen on taking single of last ball whle not doing much in 3rd or 4th ball.

He is effective even in his current setup. Can he carry the team like he used then answer is no, he has been single force who has been carrying the team since 2014 in t20s.

It is about time he got some help.

RCB constructed multiple teams centered around Kohli... with the game he is playing at 130ish S/R, others dont get enough opportunities or perish in the quest for quick runs. Its about all 11 playing the team game and building a team to win , not to satiate the ego of one guy

Rohit n kohli will play. And i want both of those to play. Rohit is a diff player now he goes all lights out from get go. Even if kohli goes at 150 we have others to do their job. Im more concerned about our retarded bowling selection

17 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Rohit n kohli will play. And i want both of those to play. Rohit is a diff player now he goes all lights out from get go. Even if kohli goes at 150 we have others to do their job. Im more concerned about our retarded bowling selection

We have an ATG pace attack. I am not worried about our pacers. They are better than WI in their prime. Behold these names, do they not make you shiver?

Boobi "Marshall", Harshal "Holding", Mohit "Garner", Sandeep "Roberts", Arshdeep "Croft", Jaydev "Bishop", Mukesh "Patterson", Avesh "Clark" and the list goes on.