What song are you currently listening to ?

Rajiv

19 hours ago, FischerTal said:

duniya ka sabse jhaatu movie, but songs were amazing 

I actually liked that movie.  It was an homage to masala movies, and especially masala villains.  Anil Kapoor's "the Bhaiyyaji" was one of his best characters ever.  Akshay embraced his OTT caricature with relish - It was only wooden Saif and his fugly wife that ruined, what could have been a really good movie.

On Tashan - wrote this 10+ yrs ago when I first watched it - 

Tashan

As Bhaiyyaji urf Anil kapoor would say -"thee style, thee good-luck, the bhen-kat phaarmoola!"

Flop movie by box-office standards. A movie that is, as the joke goes - "of bollywood, by bollywood, (and only) for bollywood". Not that many turned up in the theaters to watch by anybody's count. All my friends hated it. Me? I went and bought the bloody DVD. That's right. Cheapskate that I am, don't believe in buying content - movies, music or books - paid my 20 bucks and bought the damn thing.

Things that worked

Bhaiyyaji - Anil Kapoor. What an awesome performance. This guy can act, shows you all he has picked up in his long desi phillum career. deserves recognition for this, almost makes up for all his OTT shamelessness in "the hollywood" trying to milk Slumdog Millionaire.

Bhaiyyaji's Henchmen - from the bengali-ish accents, to the crazy outfits, to the crazy psychopathic games. perfect mix of buffoonery and violent criminality. nice touch

Bachchan Pandey - Perfect character for Akshay Kumar; and to his credit he ate it up and ran with it. Carried the movie with flair - even the stupid matrixxy fight scenes where he single-handedly takes out 50 pseudo-SWAT guys in that Rajasthani Haveli. Well almost, anyway. Brilliant entry scene, brilliant accent and delivery. Better acting than I thought he was capable of.

The comedy.
This movie will be a cult classic years from now. Or it should be if you ask me.

Dil Dance mare.
Brilliant song, brilliant set-up. brilliant execution. Yes, I know, I like the word brilliant a bit too much.

The flash-back.
The hook from "Falak tak" is still in my head. Good perf by the child actors as well.

Things that didn't

Kareena kapoor. Can't stand either of the kapoor sisters, especially this one. And the weight loss left her looking freakishly thin, with a giant head. Yuck. Total turn-off. This was a meaty role for "Bebo", too bad she couldn't get it done.

Saif Ali Khan's dancing
Totally ruined what could have been an awesome song. Sukhwindar as always, delivers with the vocals, and the foot-stomping Saif has you cringing right away.

Zee Ending
The Desparado/Kill Bill ishtyle acshun just didn't do it for me. 15 minutes too long, at least. Come on. Is there a need for a Tridev style phight scene that goes on and on for what seemed like half an hour? Really. The Eighties called, they want their ending back.

The Chaliya song. Kareena, freaky giant head, freaky pencil thin legs, Ew.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:02 PM, Mariyam said:

My fav Sridevi songs:

Na jaane kahan se aayi hai

Morni baga ma bole aadhi raat ma

Somehow I don't like the Mr.India songs as much.

@Gollum which are your favourite Sridevi songs?

Can't forget Naa Jane and Ek do teen. Those two songs got more whistles by watching public than any other song.