Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

24 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

It’s time to look for variety in our bowling attack. This is heartening to know.

We have a lot of variety in our pace attack already.

Bumrah is a hit the deck quick bowler with an off-beat action. Gets bounce and seam movement. Can swing the ball too, especially inswing. 

Ishant is a very tall swing bowler now. But can hit the deck when needed.

Shami is a short skiddy quick seam bowler who is a master of reverse swing too.

Some one like a Prasidh Krishna ... who can out-swing the ball at 145 k ... very tall too and gets bounce and seam movement ... can be a good addition.  This is the kind of swing bowler we need and not one dimensional ones like Chahar.

Edited by express bowling
8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah was brilliant in the 2nd innings despite having no pacer to exert pressure from the other end  (  Shami could not bowl due to.injury and Umesh was Umesh  )

---- Bowled attacking lines and lengths targeting the top of off stump. 

---- Moved the ball both ways. Saw some big inswingers and regularly bowled the away going ball too.

---- Bowled 140 k+ consistently despite having to bowl so many overs on the trot and make up for the injured Shami.

---- Bowled some nasty bouncers. The one that bounced out Williamson was special. 

----  Got good bounce with length balls too.

----  Dropped catches, edges falling short or going through the vacant 3rd slip area etc.did not help our cause.

---- Lots of LBW appeals and plays and misses.

---- Finished with 2 for 39 in a short innings.

Which shows that he was undercooked and hadn’t bowled enough overs to be ready for tests. Asking him to play LOIs was the worst decision in a series of shockers by this TM. Their priority was T20 series

Just now, Suhaan said:

Yet another time Umesh failed to deliver in an overseas match,in a short series like this we cant experiment with a wayward guy like him

Umesh was really bad in the 2nd innings.

Kept bowling waist high half trackers although the ball was swinging and seaming.

No motivation or intensity or thinking.

We need to find a replacement soon.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Umesh was really bad in the 2nd innings.

Kept bowling waist high half trackers although the ball was swinging and seaming.

No motivation or intensity or thinking.

We need to find a replacement soon.

We have the replacements, if only they were tried. I have no doubt that Warrier and Porel would have been more than able replacements for Ishant. Both use the new ball brilliantly and are extremely accurate. None of the NZ batsmen were found to be great technicians in this series, if only we had more than 2 able seamers in the this test to exploit that.

13 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We have a lot of variety in our pace attack already.

Bumrah is a hit the deck quick bowler with an off-beat action. Gets bounce and seam movement. Can swing the ball too, especially inswing. 

Ishant is a very tall swing bowler now. But can hit the deck when needed.

Shami is a short skiddy quick seam bowler who is a master of reverse swing too.

Some one like a Prasidh Krishna ... who can out swing the ball at 145 k ... very tall too and gets bounce and seam movement ... can be a good addition.  This is the kind of swing bowler we need and not one dimensional ones like Chahar.

I would like to see Kuldeep Send being groomed as well. He does both swing with pace.

Just now, Vickydev said:

We have the replacements, if only they were tried. I have no doubt that Warrier and Porel would have been more than able replacements for Ishant. Both use the new ball brilliantly and are extremely accurate. None of the NZ batsmen were found to be great technicians in this series, if only we had more than 2 able seamers in the this test to exploit that.

Even then we hardly scored any runs. Bowlers can do so much if there are no runs on the board.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

I would like to see Kuldeep Send being groomed as well. He does both swing with pace.

I mentioned Kuldeep Sen in an earlier post today.  

Regarding swing bowlers ... we need swing bowlers like Prasidh, Mavi and Sen ... seamers who can swing the ball at pace ... and hit the deck hard for seam movement and bounce when the ball stops swinging.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Regarding swing bowlers ... we need swing bowlers like Prasidh, Mavi and Sen ... seamers who can swing the ball at pace ... and hit the deck hard for seam movement and bounce when the ball stops swinging.

No we need bowlers who can bat,time to get in Titan Shardul,pitches are made to look like a belter while the Titan bowls and batting. ...bas pucho mat

Edited by Suhaan
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Kuldeep is the best of the 3 if we looking for bowlers who can swing the ball at pace. He can bowl some lovely outswingers at good pace. 

57 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Yet another time Umesh failed to deliver in an overseas match,in a short series like this we cant experiment with a wayward guy like him

I cant understand how could he bowl between 133 to 139k on a green track...he had to try harder.

He used to bowl 145k n gave runs but could get wickets in each spell. Now he gets 1 wicket in 18 overs on a green track.deepak chahar and bhuvi are better than him now. Ishant too...

In odi why was shardul played as third pacer 

.he is a 4th pacer at best

11 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Bumrah : 2nd Test

Absolutely loved his dismissal of Kane Williamson. Top of the draw.

That bouncer by Bumrah was hostile and quick.

Even the ball before was almost similar.

Bumrah has such a nasty bouncer, I don't know why he does not use it more often.

He hit the 6'8" Jamieson on the helmet in the first innings and jarred him so much that he fell to a Shami bouncer soon after.

Another issue ... no one is saying that Williamson has issues against the short ball. If he were Asian, people would have pounced on him.  Like they are doing with Shaw.