Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

9 minutes ago, ash said:

I don't give a f about speedgun like some experts here. Test match is mostly about line and length , maintaining pressure. Based on Watching the whole match and not just the scorecard , my order today for effectiveness

Natarajan

Siraj

Saini

Thakur :facepalm:

Thakur has no control at all. I expected him to be a bhuvi but he is turning out to be a Umesh. Siraj is consistent as usual. Nattu has superb control and consistently troubled the batsmen.

None of them are going to England Bumrah, Shami, Umesh, Bhuvi, Ishant are our preferred 5. But if I have to take the 6th seamer, it would be Nattu for left arm variety

and who exactly are these experts?

sir ash.

Please have the courage to name ,if you are gonna point fingers.

Some of the so called experts you are so mockingly referring to have added a great deal to this thread over the years.

6 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

and who exactly are these experts?

sir ash.

Please have the courage to name ,if you are gonna point fingers.

Some of the so called experts you are so mockingly referring to have added a great deal to this thread over the years.

Not anyone in particular, but overall there is more focus in ICF on speed than line and length. 

Siraj's speeds actually picked up in his last spell with a tired body.

Hit the deck harder at 135 k to 140 k and bowled a couple of quick bouncers. Did not lose accuracy 

If he has the ability to hit the deck hard at 140 k with accuracy, that too with a tired body ... why was he floating the ball up earlier at 132 k !!

Trying to swing the new ball at around 135 k is understandable  ... but after the ball stops swinging, it is better to hit the deck hard for seam movement and bounce.

I hope Arun and Bumrah guide him regarding this aspect.

Just now, ash said:

Not anyone in particular, but overall there is more focus in ICF on speed than line and length. 

not really , maybe you arent reading too well .

There is a focus of threatening fast bowlers, 'fast'.

For years we have suffered defeats for not having a potent attack, despite having skillful bowlers like zaheer ,kapil.

But only now we are tasting some success overseas in Australia ,you think its a coincidence that it aligned perfectly with probably the first time we actually had  5 frontline skillfull 140k + bowlers ?? 

Skill alone isnt enough,and we Indian fans should be the first ones to realize that ,or you can go back to unadkuts and dinda.

Look at aussies ,first thing they look for in a bowler is a quick bumper,there is a reason for that.

6 hours ago, ash said:

more focus in ICF on speed than line and length. 

Most posters on ICF like pacers who combine pace and bounce with line and length and some movement. Which is why there is so much support for Bumrah and Shami.

Why should it be an either / or approach when we are choosing just 5 or 6 best pacers from the whole country ?

Pace without accuracy is useless.

Accuracy without pace or bounce gets predictable after some time unless the ball is moving significantly and consistently , like test matches in England.

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

not really , maybe you arent reading too well .

There is a focus of threatening fast bowlers, 'fast'.

For years we have suffered defeats for not having a potent attack, despite having skillful bowlers like zaheer ,kapil.

But only now we are tasting some success overseas in Australia ,you think its a coincidence that it aligned perfectly with probably the first time we actually had  5 frontline skillfull 140k + bowlers ?? 

Skill alone isnt enough,and we Indian fans should be the first ones to realize that ,or you can go back to unadkuts and dinda.

Look at aussies ,first thing they look for in a bowler is a quick bumper,there is a reason for that.

Bharat Arun's and the so called Fast bowling guru's who know fast bowling as much as the back of their hand can train line and length, they cannot increase speed much.

still bhuvi increased his speed from under 130K to 135 to 142k bowler so when I say Nattu and Siraj are slow now, I mean they can also increase their Pace a bit and become threatening enough.

5K more pace and they would have got the Australians all out today even with out Saini.

Siraj's Line and Length is Immaculate, is Perfect. Better than BOOM, IShant and Umesh. Only Bhuvi can compare to the Line and length that Siraj bowls. if he was 5 K faster , he would be fighting hard to get a fifer. Also Hit Australian batsman in every Innings. Just see Boom , he gets wickets or Hits their batsman a couple of time in the innings. ven IShant ,Shammi and Umesh regularly hit batsman's body. actually that short Shammi skids and hits batsman regularly.

if nattu and siraj have to play interenational cricket they need to be as good as Shammi, ishant, Boom, Umesh else they will be dumped back to domestic cricket.

Some of us who have watched our bowlers in the 90's don't want to go through the same horrors again. Medium pacers like Prasad and Prabhakar resorting to bowling spin when they were being thrashed is a horrible memory etched forever on my mind. I have seen countless trundlers being useless in tests. Pace is the first thing I look for in a test bowler. Ofcourse pace is not the only thing that is needed to be successful - moving the ball, accuracy, bounce, ability to set up the batsman these are other skills needed along with pace and this point has been made so many times in this thread.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Most posters on ICF like pacers to combine pace and bounce with line and length and some movement. Which is why there is so much support for Bumrah and Shami.

Why should it be an either / or approach when we are choosing just 5 or 6 best pacers from the whole country ?

Pace without accuracy is useless.

Accuracy without pace or bounce gets predictable after some time unless the ball is moving significantly and consistently , like test matches in England.

Bro you have made this point so many times in this thread. :hatsoff:to your patience. 

Edited by Mosher
9 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Some of us who have watched our bowlers in the 90's don't want to go through the same horrors again. Medium pacers like Prasad and Prabhakar resorting to bowling spin when they were being thrashed is a horrible memory etched forever on my mind. I have seen countless trundlers being useless in tests. Pace is the first thing I look for in a test bowler. Ofcourse pace is not the only thing that is needed to be successful - moving the ball, accuracy, bounce, ability to set up the batsman these are other skills needed along with pace and this point has been made so many times in this thread.

They think Bumrah,Shami are liked as they bowl entire spell at 145+,when mostly they operate between 135-140

Had it been like us only endorsing 145+ we would have been crying over them operating in that bracket,which is certainly not the case

11 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

They think Bumrah,Shami are liked as they bowl entire spell at 145+,when mostly they operate between 135-140

Bro, my observation is that a fit Bumrah usually operates at 138 k to 145 k in white ball cricket and 135 k to 145 k in tests ... with quickest balls in the 145 k to 150 k range in all formats.

Shami usually operates at 137 k to 145 k in white ball cricket and 133 k to 143 k in tests ...with quickest balls in the 143 k to 146 k range in all formats.

Edited by express bowling
51 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Had it been like us only endorsing 145+ we would have been crying over them operating in that bracket,which is certainly not the case

It's not about what pace they are bowling, more about they are able to crank it up whenever needed. 

You will see Shami or Bumrah easily bowling around 90 mph if they are looking to do so even in 3rd session of the day.

If they are able to execute plans at lower speed then they don't try to put in extra effort for that.

Earlier bowlers who were fast, even they would drop pace and shoulders in 3rd session of the day. That rarely happens with these bowlers.

I guess the word is intensity, not the pace. These bowlers are able to maintain intensity.