Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

India is going the 90's way. Sure shot method to kill fast bowling talent. 

Make such pitches for the next 1-2 yrs and see the decline in fast bowling resources. Mark my words.

Pitches in domestic aren't like that. Also rise in pace stocks is effect of u19 success and IPL. We never had fast pitches for home tests bar few exceptions.

Edited by rkt.india
7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Insufficient faith in our high quality fast bowlers and unwarranted fear of the opposition swing bowlers with the pink ball, has resulted in this farcical pitch.

With our top class fast bowlers I would prefer pitches with decent pace and bounce on first couple of days and start turning from day 3. On these crappy pitches even a part timer like Root becomes dangerous.

10 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Not a single over bowled by fast bowlers in the 2nd innings. These type of pitches will take India's fast bowling backwards.

Don't think one series will do that..  Obviously I think its a one off just coz its England & WTC is at stake.  We will prepare good sporting wickets vs NZ..  Hopefully one game at Dharamsala & Mohali. 

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Don't think one series will do that..  Obviously I think its a one off just coz its England & WTC is at stake.  We will prepare good sporting wickets vs NZ..  Hopefully one game at Dharamsala & Mohali. 

Hope so but this is setting a bad precedent. It means Kohli doesn't have confidence in India's bowling attack which is top class and has been performing consistently well. No need to resort to such pitches for a win. Don't want to go back days when Srinath was the lone fast bowler and Ganguly bowled at the other end to take the shine off the ball.

Bumrah has withdrawn from the 4th test due to personal reasons.

Now he has 40 odd days off before the IPL starts.

I hope Bumrah uses this time to do strength and conditioning training and get back his full pace, bounce and fitness. 

He is the best fast bowler we have ever produced  ... and we want him to operate at full pace and intensity. Be fully fit and hit the deck hard ... like he did from mid 2017 to November 2020.

Edited by express bowling
On 2/25/2021 at 3:42 PM, MultiB48 said:

For pacers to succeed they have to perform at home,else forget it.you can't just depend on foreign tours.

and poor pitches produce poor players ,not just pacers other departments will also become poor over time.

In last 5 years, before ths series all our pace bowlers averaged less than 25 at home . Shami, Yadav, Ishant. Even bhuvi averages below 25. 

I don't know why people have  such short term memories. 

Now if you make pitches like we did in this series  you cannot blame fast bowlers.there is a reason Bumrah asked for leave, no fast bowler would want to bowl on such pitches 

4 minutes ago, the don said:

Shaheen afridi is the best young fast bowler in the world atm. 

Clean bowls babar azam with a 148.7 kph delivery. 

PCB should take care of him & compensate him. He shouldn't be wasted in leagues around the world. Genuine world class talent shouldn't be lost due to lure of T20 riches.