Would Binny have been more successful than Pandya yesterday???

maniac

binny is a mediocre international and has no business playing international cricket if not for the 1983 band of idiots.

Jadeja and pandya are class players and  will have a degree of   international success...how much is the question 

no comparison.

Universal truth across all sports and all countries among some fans

" The players who are not playing are always better than the ones playing "     :cantstop:

Edited by express bowling

no one said his bowling is special. He wasnt even a fast bowler just 2-3 seasons back.  He was a batsman who would bowl spin. Later, he started bowling pace, so, he is still a work in progress as far bowling is concerned. It is the batting where he has shown that big hitting ability. Australians picked Mitchell Marsh who had similar traits when he was picked. Now 2 years down the line, he is proving to be a very useful player for them. Same was the case with Ben Stokes.

Those 2 all-rounders that you mentioned are proven domestic players, they were selected based on their excellent domestic performance. What exactly are Pandya's credentials? Has he even played Ranji matches to merit his place in the Test team? 

From the T20 world cup point of view, he's yet to prove that he deserves to be in the team. I think Dhoni will give him enough chance before finally deciding on his fate for good. I just hope that he proves all the hype.

Those 2 all-rounders that you mentioned are proven domestic players, they were selected based on their excellent domestic performance. What exactly are Pandya's credentials? Has he even played Ranji matches to merit his place in the Test team? 

From the T20 world cup point of view, he's yet to prove that he deserves to be in the team. I think Dhoni will give him enough chance before finally deciding on his fate for good. I just hope that he proves all the hype.

Yes, he is certainly proven at least in T20s. Highest run getter in SMA trophy. One of the biggest reason for MI's sucess in IPL last year. It was Pandya who changed their fortunes last season coming in the team mid-season. Such performances are enough for him to be picked in India T20 team. He is not picked for test matches or ODIs but T20s where has done well with the bat.

Regarding performance of Mitchell Marsh in domestic cricket. He was picked 3 years back solely based on his potential. His performance in domestic cricket has never been great. He averages 31 in domestic in 4-day matches and 35 in List A, 30 in T20 with an SR of 120.

Edited by rkt.india

Basically stats for a under 23 yr old is not going to say much.Players are nowhere near their true level at this stage.

at best it may indicate an early developer.

They have a long way to go at this stage.

Even for a performer like rahul or vihari ,it does not say how mature he is as a international product. International bowlers will bring out these flaws.

look at pujara for instance.

So even if you have good Stats thats no reliability that you are a sturdy product.

However once a guy reaches 26 yrs and still does not have results , its time he buckles up and raises his game. either he is underachieving or not good enough.

So stats are more relevant later in life and with a large sample size to cover all periods.

Younger guys can be only be picked on potential.

He has not been picked for test matches...so Ranji performances are not that relevant here.

Frankly speaking...I have never seen any Indian captain, coach or important selector who has considered domestic cricket performances as the sole factor for picking players.

Top Ranji performers, especially bowlers , are rarely picked for team India. Nor are all top run getters at Ranji level considered for India berth. The quality of our domestic cricket is not such that it promotes the right type of players for international cricket.

The main consideration has usually been picking players who are the " right type "  for international cricket and those who have performed well in important or crunch games in domestic cricket or A-team matches or is in good form now.

Pandya is a better prospect than Binny in every way. I feel it's Dhoni forcing Hardik to bowl wide of offstump, which is not his natural style of bowling, that is going against him and making him cannon fodder for batsmen.

We've seen him bowl a lot of 140k yorkers in the IPL. IMO he will do way better under Kohli who'll give him the freedom to bowl his natural lines and allow him to set his own fields.

He has to be given a long rope, in LOIs currently and maybe Tests later, as a 140k bowling allrounder is a rare find and we've been struggling to find a good seam-bowling allrounder since ages.

Edited by Gunner

see pandya is faster and better than BINNY for Sure.

pandya was asked to bowl on literally outside the wide line ..on a green track that's not the right line.

if Binny wud have been asked to bowl defensively he wud also not have got any wickets.

Pandya should have been asked to attack on stumps and on 4th stump to get wickets on a green track.

from my perspective Pandya is anyday a better bowler than Binny and both are equally good batsman.

The OP in question is a quixotic poster and a sympathiser of the likes of  vinay kumar and binny.

Just allow him to keep making a fool of himself..

binny is a mediocre international and has no business playing international cricket if not for the 1983 band of idiots.

Jadeja and pandya are class players and  will have a degree of   international success...how much is the question 

no comparison.

:blink::blink: WTF

Edited by maniac