Hats off Mohmmad Amir!!

I like Amir but we are getting carried away. To become a great one has to do in all conditions. He is yet to play on docile UAE wickets or flat phattas in sub continent. Wahab is a better bowler on flat surfaces because of extra pace and reverse swing.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

That is a very valid point.

I would like to see how he does on pattas and conditions that do not favour swing.

I like Amir but we are getting carried away. To become a great one has to do in all conditions. He is yet to play on docile UAE wickets or flat phattas in sub continent. Wahab is a better bowler on flat surfaces because of extra pace and reverse swing.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

agree.he'll have to play 50% of his test matches on dead uae pitches where it won't swing an inch ,needs to add reverse swing to his repertoire like wahab.

He'll be top notch in England and nzl conditions though

That is a very valid point.

I would like to see how he does on pattas and conditions that do not favour swing.

Doubt he will do well. I also doubt that he would perform well against other teams in this tournament. The reason he performed well today was - 1) he was fired up, he wanted to make it his day.. 2) the conditions were right. 

He may not be motivated enough in other games, and might be mediocre. But he really wanted to be the man today, and perhaps also impress virat kohli. ( I wonder when is he going to apply for an Indian visa. Coz let's face it, Pakistan team doesnt deserve a player like him. India would be the team Amir should be playing for )

Doubt he will do well. I also doubt that he would perform well against other teams in this tournament. The reason he performed well today was - 1) he was fired up, he wanted to make it his day.. 2) the conditions were right. 

Before he was banned , he had played very few tests in the sub-continent and did well only in the the 6 tests he played in swing-friendly England. 

He may have matured and improved quite a bit in these years but his comfort zone seems to be conventional-swing-friendly conditions.

Edited by express bowling
What an absolute great spell by amir even though the swing reduced a bit after the 5th over of the innings due to a bit of dew ,he was still excellent and penetrative,what a skillful bowler,bowled wide of the crease for the outswing and created an angle and next ball boom,inswinger to Kohli !!

This spell was better than the asif one in wt 20 in saf and almost close to rp singh's 4-12 against saf. Amir will wreck havoc in English conditions once again but sadly no one can support him now like asif used to .

This spell also tells us that india is making a big mistake by not playing four seamers on this wkt,play booby instead of yuvi or jadeja (both similar bowlers ,won't be much loss on these green pitches) ,these are ideal conditions for booby and all teams are playing 4 pacers here ,srl,pak amd even Bangladesh

They have Rahat Ali to support him in England who is also very good with swing at good pace.

Sent from my MX5 using Tapatalk

Great spell... one can imagine what golden period of 5 years he missed including 2 WorldCups... Nonetheless he still got the age with him...

I feel on these pitches Rahat will do better than Sami and probably Irfan too...

Issues getting worse for Pak batting though, hardly any good genuine talent seen even in PSL, on the other-hand some extremely decent bench-strength of seam/pace bowling e.g. Ehsan Adil, Junaid, Rahat, Sohail just sitting outside...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThXVF6rBM_E 

I think Amir played the price for playing for a team with a bad reputation like Pakistan. The match fixing had reached a point where an example had to be made. 

Amir is a bowler that mostly everyone appreciates. We also feel bad for the time that he lost due to ban. But more importantly he reminds everyone of what can happen if you don't do the right thing  

Great spell... one can imagine what golden period of 5 years he missed including 2 WorldCups... Nonetheless he still got the age with him...

I feel on these pitches Rahat will do better than Sami and probably Irfan too...

Issues getting worse for Pak batting though, hardly any good genuine talent seen even in PSL, on the other-hand some extremely decent bench-strength of seam/pace bowling e.g. Ehsan Adil, Junaid, Rahat, Sohail just sitting outside...

rahat is a very ordinary bowler ....

Surprised people here havent seen him reverse it .

He is better thanq most when its reversing , got a 5fer in melbourne and the oval by reversing the ball from the dreaded left arm round angle ala wasim akram .

Remember another spell of reverse in 2009 in newzealand that had everyone in awe although didnt really get the wickets in that spell .

There is a reason he is hyped by almost everyone that has faced him .

I was literally sweating when he got two openers out and had 100 % faith in kolhi the way he was able to middle 90% of them.. Kudos to Amir made one sided boring very very interesting

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Kohli was gone iLBW n the 2nd over. Kohli was unsure and was nodding his head and hawkeye shoewed the ball hitting the bails so umpires call but in real time looked dead out. Could have gone either way. Amir swung it back in and Kohli had  no answer.

I think we were lucky that Umpire didnt give it . That could have been trouble. I think Amir Dominated Kohli, last two fours were when it was all too late.

Kohli was gone iLBW n the 2nd over. Kohli was unsure and was nodding his head and hawkeye shoewed the ball hitting the bails so umpires call but in real time looked dead out. Could have gone either way. Amir swung it back in and Kohli had  no answer.

I think we were lucky that Umpire didnt give it . That could have been trouble. I think Amir Dominated Kohli, last two fours were when it was all too late.

Talk about exaggeration. It was a marginal call and was far from being dead out.

And no Amir did not dominate Kohli. He troubled him yes like any decent bowler would do on such a pitch.The conditions out there were completely in favor of the bowler and no batsman in the world would have dominated a top class bowler. The best a batsman could do on such a pitch against a quality bowler is to see off the initial overs and then look to score which is what Kohli did exactly.