Rabada vs Amir

lebron_fan

better bowler  

48 members have voted

1. 1. better bowler

• Kagiso Rabada
    • Mohammed Amir

6 hours ago, sandeep said:

Rabada just took a 10-fer and averages in the teens at home.   Has Shami taken a 10-fer anywhere yet?

Don't get me wrong, I believe a fully fit Shami is world class and bound to address this sooner rather than later. But he hasn't really taken wickets in bunches yet.  

What about Amir ?

30 minutes ago, Vilander said:

What about Amir ?

what about him?  IIRC Shami averages 8 runs fewer per test wicket than him in the last 2 years or something like that.  That says it all.  As the great Bill Parcells said - "You are, what your record says you are".    

Shami averages 24 per wicket, SR of 51.   Amir averages 37, SR of 80.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/481896.html?class=1;spanmax1=09+Oct+2017;spanmin1=09+Oct+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling;view=series

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/290948.html?class=1;spanmax1=09+Oct+2017;spanmin1=09+Oct+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling;view=series

Edited by sandeep
Added Stats
45 minutes ago, sandeep said:

what about him?  IIRC Shami averages 8 runs fewer per test wicket than him in the last 2 years or something like that.  That says it all.  As the great Bill Parcells said - "You are, what your record says you are".    

Shami averages 24 per wicket, SR of 51.   Amir averages 37, SR of 80.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/481896.html?class=1;spanmax1=09+Oct+2017;spanmin1=09+Oct+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling;view=series

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/290948.html?class=1;spanmax1=09+Oct+2017;spanmin1=09+Oct+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling;view=series

Precisely...Amir is junk.

10 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Ishant is honestly way better than Amir. He isnt that useless.

People on this forum are just short of tirades for Ishant Sharma but they just don't understand it is not easy to stay fit and play for so long for team India. He was not that productive in terms of wickets but he was quite useful for the captains for his workhorse attitude and "hit the deck" type of fast bowling. 

10 hours ago, sandeep said:

Rabada just took a 10-fer and averages in the teens at home.   Has Shami taken a 10-fer anywhere yet?

Don't get me wrong, I believe a fully fit Shami is world class and bound to address this sooner rather than later. But he hasn't really taken wickets in bunches yet.  

10 fer against BD in SA conditions is no big deal. It would mean something had he done in BD or in presence of Steyn, philander.

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

10 fer against BD in SA conditions is no big deal. It would mean something had he done in BD or in presence of Steyn, philander.

Any 10-fer, by definition, is a big deal. It may not be an utter-stamp of domination and a career-defining performance, but bowlers don't pick up 10-fers like candy, unless their name is Murali.

Even if it isn't a big deal, its definitely a move towards increasing the gap between mr-10fer and a rival who is far below him in record.

Edited by Muloghonto
15 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Amir and his age like other paks lol 

reminds me of story Swann told . As both him and shoaib Malik played in same under 19 World Cup . Swann  is 38 while Malik is apparently 35 :giggle:

Not swann but Tudor i think.

Tudor and Malik played same under 15

34 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Any 10-fer, by definition, is a big deal. It may not be an utter-stamp of domination and a career-defining performance, but bowlers don't pick up 10-fers like candy, unless their name is Murali.

Even if it isn't a big deal, its definitely a move towards increasing the gap between mr-10fer and a rival who is far below him in record.

I consider Rabada better than Aamir, but not just because he took 10-fer against BD.

Last time I checked Amir won Pak 2 world titles, the 2009 wt20 and 2017 CT he killed the chase before it could even took off, In test I agree Rabada is better but What SA need is World Cups not bilateral test series, they have won every thing in that format, but overall I would still take Amir Over Rabada unless he can win Some Actual silverware for Saffers, but considering his team's choker tag he may never even get to a final let alone winning it.