What is Ishant Sharma's role in the team?

Texan

14 minutes ago, CG said:

If you remember he won us the series vs Australia in India in 2008.His performance in that series was one of the best bowling performances by a fast bowler in India.He has underperformee after that due to his own fault of changing his action . Hopefully some one can correct his flaws.

So you have to go 10 years back to find his match winning test. 

So you have to go 10 years back to find his match winning test. 

I was saying it's was a performance which was up there with best in a series in history of Indian cricket .It was the best and still is the best bowling in a series in India by Indian fast bowler getting mos award.Nowadays he is not even half the bowler he was ,His last performance of note against top opp was in England.As I said we have invested a lot in him and he has to repay the faith be it abroad otherwise it's a huge loss.

As I said earlier it was better to go with either Jayant Yadav or Kuldeep Yadav in place of Ishant Sharma. Unfortunately Ishant doesn't bring much to the table and IMO this Test should be his last, at least at home. He should be a support bowler for overseas tests moving forward.

Ishant sharma played his role of containing the batsman he is more of workhorse he did his job well regarding Jayant he has to work in consistency as on flat pitches he gives too many loose deliveries.Kuldeep may be handy though.

54 minutes ago, CG said:

If you remember he won us the series vs Australia in India in 2008.His performance in that series was one of the best bowling performances by a fast bowler in India.He has underperformee after that due to his own fault of changing his action . Hopefully some one can correct his flaws.

After 77 Tests, if he still has flaws that he does not know how to correct, then he is not going to correct them ever. No point persisting with a useless no brain pile of flesh that is good enough for only mouthing filmi dialogues like jumping from the 24 th floor for any captain. 

5 minutes ago, CG said:

Ishant sharma played his role of containing the batsman he is more of workhorse he did his job well regarding Jayant he has to work in consistency as on flat pitches he gives too many loose deliveries.Kuldeep may be handy though.

If containing batsmen is the criteria, Bhuvi will do an even better job of it and even if there is the slightest bit of assistance, he will pick wickets. 

3 minutes ago, CG said:

I was saying it's was a performance which was up there with best in a series in history of Indian cricket .It was the best and still is the best bowling in a series in India by Indian fast bowler getting mos award.Nowadays he is not even half the bowler he was ,His last performance of note against top opp was in England.As I said we have invested a lot in him and he has to repay the faith be it abroad otherwise it's a huge loss.

I guess you are just like Ishant Sharma. Not gonna learn and change

let me rephrase Ishant Sharma with Stuart Binny  once in a lifetime performance  of 6 wickets for 4 runs in Bangladesh and you would know how you sound like

"I was saying it's was a performance which was up there with best in a series in history of Indian cricket .It was the best and still is the best bowling in a series in Bangladesh by Indian fast bowler getting a mom award.Nowadays he is not even half the bowler he was ,His last performance of note against top opp was against England in Australia for 33/3.As I said we have invested a lot in him and he has to repay the faith be it abroad otherwise it's a huge loss. His bowling average is 21 in ODIs which is the best any india bowler has with 20 or above wickets in the history of Indian cricket!"

13 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

He's doing his job imo. Keep things tight and let others attack from the other end.

Kya things tight? we need wickets from him. He can barely get a wicket. He doesnt create chances either. Yadav kept things more tighter than him and he took wickets as well.

It looks like he and the think-tank have ACCEPTED the fact that he will be perpetually luckless and wicket-less. Even most of us on ICF, when we look at zero in the wickets column for Ishant, we are hardly surprised by it. Which is very sad, and unacceptable. No bowler deserves a place in the team indefinitely, especially with such poor returns. A good bowler will not be "unlucky" forever. He needs to be dropped and another bowler should be tried out. The argument of "who else is there" will come up but if not by trying out other options, how will the selectors/think tank find out?

8 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

As I said earlier it was better to go with either Jayant Yadav or Kuldeep Yadav in place of Ishant Sharma. Unfortunately Ishant doesn't bring much to the table and IMO this Test should be his last, at least at home. He should be a support bowler for overseas tests moving forward.

Its what he does on his knees under the table that plays a pivotal role in his continuous selection. 

10 hours ago, goose said:

And if his lack of wickets wasn't enough he's actually spoken of as a senior in the side. They will have to invent another mode of dismissal if Ishant is going to get wickets. 

Didnt he say sometime back he is not the spearhead of this attack.I thought that was worse.