Pak VS India in terms of pace bowling

gakgupta

From the bowlers that played the last test series for both countries, Pakistan (Amir, Sohail, Wahab, Rahat, Yasir, Iftikhar) and India (Shami, Bhuvi, Ishant, Umesh, Ashwin, Jadeja, Mishra),  I would chose the following bowlers in that order for a 5 man test attack:

1. Shami

2. Yasir

3. Amir

4. Ashwin

5. Bhuvi

Some people might contend that Sohail was better than Bhuvi, but me being an Indian, would go with Bhuvi. 

On current form only, not past records, I would rate Shami = or marginally > Amir; Ishant = Wahab; Yasir> Ashwin; Umesh = Rahat; Bhuvi = Sohail

3 minutes ago, kruiser said:

From the bowlers that played the last test series for both countries, Pakistan (Amir, Sohail, Wahab, Rahat, Yasir, Iftikhar) and India (Shami, Bhuvi, Ishant, Umesh, Ashwin, Jadeja, Mishra),  I would chose the following bowlers in that order for a 5 man test attack:

1. Shami

2. Yasir

3. Amir

4. Ashwin

5. Bhuvi

Some people might contend that Sohail was better than Bhuvi, but me being an Indian, would go with Bhuvi. 

On current form only, not past records, I would rate Shami = or marginally > Amir; Ishant = Wahab; Yasir> Ashwin; Umesh = Rahat; Bhuvi = Sohail

If the test match is overseas, I don't think captains would like to play without a tall bounce bowler. 

444 runs were scored against this bowling line up

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Moreover pitch was not super flat.....I am not asking Pak bowling is pathetic or really bad but it's certainly not world class....n it's not far from Indian bowling line up

Potential wise Pak bowling is good (or in other word bowling looks good on paper) but doesn't convert into performances

On 8/29/2016 at 2:04 AM, Asim said:

till 90s only less than 25 avgs were considered Good... I think that time's 24-26 is today's 28-32

yup but more 28-31 anythin more than that is like 34 only :) and also only when the strike rate is more than 60 or more accurately around 61+ its more a spinners strikerate, at time fastbowlers can have strike rate of 66 but when its 61 with lower average it more a spinner. ok damn i gave bit too much there.

On 8/28/2016 at 2:43 AM, the don said:

Current pakistani bowlers may be overrated by pakistani standards but indias best fast bowler zaheer averaged well above 30 and similarly shami averages over 34 even though stats are not that important but yeah he is overrated over here but neutrals dont rate him.

But Amir averages almost as much as Zaheer (that too only because of one good English season, he averages in late 30s, early 40s everywhere else )and he is hyped big time. What Amir did once in England, Zaheer has done many times in his career, including actually winning us a test series in England

Edited by New guy
But Amir averages almost as much as Zaheer (that too only because of one good English season, he averages in late 30s, early 40s everywhere else )and he is hyped big time. What Amir did once in England, Zaheer has done many times in his career, including actually winning us a test series in England

How can u campare an ameatur like Amir to zaheer.

Sometimes stats will not give u the accurate picture.

Kevin Peterson who was the best batsmen in 2007- 2010 rated him as the best left arm seamer.

On 9/3/2016 at 1:49 PM, express bowling said:

With Shami, Bumrah and Ashwin bowling together...our ODI bowling will be clearly better than  Pakistan.  Even Bhuvi has improved his yorkers in the last 8 months or so.

Shami, Bumrah , Ashwin , bhuvi and ill Add Sran and jadeja to. 

Jadeja is very underrated as a bowler as many time in overseas his eco has been far better than ashwin and at home the guy simply destructive. Pak struggles with 5th bowling option but we dont due to Sir

Our backups  umesh, mohit have also done well and add to that Ishant they are exp. bowlers.

Also what gives our bowling extra edge is our fielding which is leaps n bounces ahead of Pakistan.

Another aspects dhoni's captaincy which might have gone down but still azhar ali's as a captain wont come near.

Our batting also has the far superior capabilty of giving a big score to our bowlers on board. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
On 9/3/2016 at 5:43 AM, New guy said:

His team only won one test in that series even Ishant has won one test in England. Amir's team won two tests in recent series and it was first time since 1996 when Pakistan last won test series in England for an Asian team to win two tests in England.

13 minutes ago, Pakistan said:

His team only won one test in that series even Ishant has won one test in England. Amir's team won two tests in recent series and it was first time since 1996 when Pakistan last won test series in England for an Asian team to win two tests in England.

Bro, the series was drawn 2-2. Your team didn't win the series.

You Missed a simple point here...

Zaheer 's team won because of zaheer....but Amirs team won becauSe of yasir

In test cricket Pakistani bowling unit is well ahead .

In limited overs Pakistan have found a very goodun in hasan ali .

With sarfraz as captain pakistan will produce results pretty soon .

Amir is excellent . Imad wasim is clever , hasan ali is a good find ,sohail khan has always done well and wahab is currently the fastest bowler in the world.

Pakistan is well ahead of other asian sides wrt bowling .

Yes they had a few poor odi games but India conceded 240 odd in a t20 game too . Just the way it goes these days .

I think Bumrah from.India has potential to be a good limited overs bowler.