Kedhar Jadhav :player without X factor

tweaker

1 hour ago, GautiMaan said:

You'd never know Cricketics,didnt the guy play match winning knocks in A tour of Australia?Is it such a stretch to imagine that he could have given a hand to Dhoni in that match.

The bigger point is whether the selectors are giving the right chances to the right players.Back in 2015 posters like @Ultimate_Game and myself were clamouring for Jhadav ahead of Rayudu and Rahane.Just like how people are now clamouring for Pant or Pandey ahead of Yuvi.But selectors have their own warped logic.

Yes, you never know. But unfortunately we lost and I am glad he is getting it done now and hopefully is here to stay for long and will continue to help us. Age is just a number, so if he can keep himself fit, and score like this, he can only become a better player.

He said today "I enjoyed batting with Kohli and it was my dream to spend a long time with Kohli in the middle"

Well he got to do all of that today and earlier in the India-NZ series for a bit and that will only help his ODI game. Hence, I say, Kohli is a captain who will be strict but will make you a better cricketer. Remember our Math teachers who would put lot of pressure on us to learn basic formulas etc, Kohli is the professor and he got the formulas ready for Indian Cricket to succeed.

6 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Can you show me posts of posters clamouring for jadhav pre 2015 World Cup 

Check my posts going way back to 2013 or 2014 where I was asking for Jadhav ahead of Rayudu and Rahane in the shorter formats.

Edit: Somehow I can't search for posts before 2015. Either it's a search constraint or maybe the website was migrated and you can't go back beyond a certain period. I had a few threads about Jadhav not being picked despite him averaging nearly 52 with a SR of 100 in List A (those were his stats in 2014-15) and the selectors going with likes of Rahane and Rayudu though Rahane averages 34 and Rayudu around 37 in List A cricket with a low SR.

Edited by Ultimate_Game

One thing which most people don't understand and appreciate about Jadhav is..

We have hundreds of players averaging 50 plus in Ranjis but there are only very very few in the history of Ranji who did it at a strike rate above 100. Most of guys do it in 80s. There is a huge difference between strike rate of 80s and strike rate of 100 plus with average above 50.

Only Sehwag had that in domestic.  

17 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

And people who are taking about he doesn't have xfactor.. we all know what we all are talking about

He doesn't have good looks, media hype and fashion statement of players like Rahane, Rohit, Jadeja, Yuvi etc etc 

Rahane has looks and media hype?  Come on now.  You aren't wrong about Kedar being under-estimated, but let's not get too carried away.

My Analysis of Kedar Jadhav

What worked in his favor right from the start

A veteran in domestics,did all the hard yards paid his dues.

A consistent performer in the domestic scene who has earned his shot

Constantly in the scheme of things in the IPL which means has had enough time to hone his skill against international quality bowlers.

He is absolutely ruthless against spin

He has cashed in on every opportunity he has got by making runs

What adds to the above traits after yesterday's knock

It proves that Kedar has nerves of steel and a fantastic temperament.

He is capable of playing more shots in the front of the wicket than that god awful dab to third-man against anything over 130+

What is still an area of concern/needs improvement

1.Poor fitness. If you look at the fitness of the likes of Kohli,Rahane,Dhoni,Rohit,Jadeja,Dhawan,Yadav etc and compare them with Jadhav-there is a gulf in the quality of fitness levels. If Kedar wants to really hit the big strides to the next level and still not look like a fringe player,he needs to work on his fitness fast.

2.Kedar gets a few overs in every game and his bowling is pretty poor,which he might get away with at home but if this brings the illusion that he is a good part-timer like in the Raina mold then we will be in for a huge shock when he bowls overseas.

3.Not the best fielder.We used to boast that we have a LOI fielding quality on par with Aus,SA and Nzl but Kedar's fielding is till a little off-color.Not nitpicking because it is serviceable at best but an area of improvement.

4.His release shot seems to be the dab to thirdman whenever he is under pressure.Even yesterday,once he was in the 90's he started playing that shot a lot more even though he was hitting the ball cleanly up until then.

5.Will he get away with his release and % shot the dab,playing against the likes of Starc and Rabada in their conditions? I don't think so. I am sure he will pull it off once he is settled but as it is his go to shot under pressure,the doubts remain.

All in all a good player who is grabbing every opportunity..Hope he evolves and takes his game to the next level with the confidence he gets from yesterday's heroics

11 hours ago, maniac said:

My Analysis of Kedar Jadhav

What worked in his favor right from the start

A veteran in domestics,did all the hard yards paid his dues.

A consistent performer in the domestic scene who has earned his shot

Constantly in the scheme of things in the IPL which means has had enough time to hone his skill against international quality bowlers.

He is absolutely ruthless against spin

He has cashed in on every opportunity he has got by making runs

What adds to the above traits after yesterday's knock

It proves that Kedar has nerves of steel and a fantastic temperament.

He is capable of playing more shots in the front of the wicket than that god awful dab to third-man against anything over 130+

What is still an area of concern/needs improvement

1.Poor fitness. If you look at the fitness of the likes of Kohli,Rahane,Dhoni,Rohit,Jadeja,Dhawan,Yadav etc and compare them with Jadhav-there is a gulf in the quality of fitness levels. If Kedar wants to really hit the big strides to the next level and still not look like a fringe player,he needs to work on his fitness fast.

2.Kedar gets a few overs in every game and his bowling is pretty poor,which he might get away with at home but if this brings the illusion that he is a good part-timer like in the Raina mold then we will be in for a huge shock when he bowls overseas.

3.Not the best fielder.We used to boast that we have a LOI fielding quality on par with Aus,SA and Nzl but Kedar's fielding is till a little off-color.Not nitpicking because it is serviceable at best but an area of improvement.

4.His release shot seems to be the dab to thirdman whenever he is under pressure.Even yesterday,once he was in the 90's he started playing that shot a lot more even though he was hitting the ball cleanly up until then.

5.Will he get away with his release and % shot the dab,playing against the likes of Starc and Rabada in their conditions? I don't think so. I am sure he will pull it off once he is settled but as it is his go to shot under pressure,the doubts remain.

All in all a good player who is grabbing every opportunity..Hope he evolves and takes his game to the next level with the confidence he gets from yesterday's heroics

:hatsoff:

Gavaskar was very pleased with the way Jadhav took on responsibility when walking in under severe pressure. While there was no questioning his ability to play big shots, boasting of a big strike rate, his temperament to play a big innings was unknown. He put those doubts to rest with a scintillating hundred that earned him the Man of the Match award.

What stood out  about Jadhav's 76-ball 120 innings against England was the way he hit length deliveries on the up and straight down the ground.

Explaining the shot, he said, "As a kid, I used to play a lot of tennis ball cricket. There used to be a tournament where fours and sixes were only the straight scoring options, there always used to be bounce on the side. So that's how I got into this habit that even if the ball is low and there's some bounce and if you've clear 30 yards, it could be possible to play the shots, especially with the tennis ball.

"So the flow with which I was playing on Sunday, I thought if there isn't much bounce and there is a bit of elevation, I can hit out. And the asking rate demanded at least one four every over."

Jadhav is the ultimate utility man. The kind that any team would want in their midst. He can win you matches while batting at No.6 , he can bowl you crucial overs at various stages of the match , and he can always triple up as a stand-in wicketkeeper. He goes about his cricket with a certain know how and street-smartness. And he thrives in being stylishly un-stylish.

On 16/01/2017 at 10:21 AM, Texan said:

His hitting style is not as flaboyant as say when a Yuvraj strikes sixes. Being flamboyant does not mean you are a better player. Rohit Sharma is probably the most flamboyant player in the team, but not quite the best. 

Kedar Jadhav is  not the most flamboyant cricketer in the world. You might not necessarily recall the shots he plays during a match. Sunday wasn’t the first time the 31-year-old was actually hitting India out of trouble in his very limited career. But he’s always done it so unassumingly that not many probably would have taken much notice of it.

Thing is talk is if his boundaries . That was not the most impressive thing . The thing about him and previous efforts is abilty to rotate strike and pick singles with ease.

anything outside off and best dab to 3rd man in cricket comes in to play . Fitting got ton with dab for 4. Then bowled sick of being dabbed for 4 bowls on stumps and nurdles it to square leg or mid wicket (depending were fielder isn't) . Effortless picking of singles from ball 1 . Means this guy will neve be 20 of 35 balls facing catch up 

8 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Thing is talk is if his boundaries . That was not the most impressive thing . The thing about him and previous efforts is abilty to rotate strike and pick singles with ease.

anything outside off and best dab to 3rd man in cricket comes in to play . Fitting got ton with dab for 4. Then bowled sick of being dabbed for 4 bowls on stumps and nurdles it to square leg or mid wicket (depending were fielder isn't) . Effortless picking of singles from ball 1 . Means this guy will neve be 20 of 35 balls facing catch up 

That explains how he has List A Strike rate of 105 at over 50 average. He scores off almost every ball.

India should look to get him in at 35 over mark like how they did with Raina. Jadhav may be a little more consistent than Raina because of his street smart ability to find gaps.