Hardik Pandya : The test allrounder

tweaker

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

Looked really ugly but held his nerve

Still dont think hes made for Tests as yet

Well we need to see more of his batting . But one thing is certain his batting will get better and better . He has not shown his real ability with bat for india yet but last 20 runs he really started to look at home and good.

thing is his bowing is improving so fast he may force his way in to test side on bowling alone 

Pandya talks with real maturity

"I am quite pleased that I contributed with the ball and with the bat," says Hardik Pandya. "It was an amazing chase. Hats off to the way Kedar and Virat batted. It gave me the confidence I could finish the game off. It was tense out there but I was watching and learning from Virat and Kedar. Yes there were close calls with the running but that will come with age and experience. I will definitely learn from those mistakes."

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He will play test on his bowling alone with the way he is bowling.

Absolutely

Hitting the right areas consistently while hitting the deck hard and getting seam movement and bounce....has a good bouncer which he uses frequently....bowls 135 k  to 145 k... can get outswing when on offer....ideal test match package.

Edited by express bowling

Once he starts playing test cricket he ll become a much better cricketer. His batting would develop a lot playing test. 

In odi he wont get much time in middle at his position and wont have the confidence of big scores. 

Test cricket will help his batting and Odi cricket his bowling by keeping those extra overs in test really tight and get wkts also. 

11 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Once he starts playing test cricket he ll become a much better cricketer. His batting would develop a lot playing test. 

In odi he wont get much time in middle at his position and wont have the confidence of big scores. 

Test cricket will help his batting and Odi cricket his bowling by keeping those extra overs in test really tight and get wkts also. 

This is probably important. May be few First Class big knocks could help him or even coming early some day like he did today but on a much bigger ground where rotation is required, and if he manages to stay for 15 overs if he comes that early again, then such knock can really help him make a better batsman.

Today he was little scratchy in the start and many were confused what he was up to, but later he showed brilliant grit and determination to win it for India. His bowling is still very important for me. I hope he continue to show the goods there. We need a bowler who can bowl good 10 overs. Yes, his batting is vital, but so are his death bowling etc. If he can do that consistently, more power to him and good for Indian Cricket.