500 & 1000 rs notes stopped from tonight

tweaker

OK, I have sympathy with nepalese and Bhutanese.

A lot of them use Indian currency,

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/south-asia/Demonetisation-Prachanda-dials-Modi-seeks-help/articleshow/55434001.cms

"Considering this, India should make an arrangement so that Nepalese can exchange the banned notes here in Nepal," a statement posted on Prachanda's personal website quoted the premier as saying.

In response, Modi said he would immediately resolve the issue and would also ask Finance Minister to hold talks with Nepalese counterpart.

Following the Indian government's surprise decision, the Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB), the central bank, also banned the use of those bank notes in Nepal from last Wednesday.

The NRB has said INRs 33.6 million in the denominations of 500 and 1,000 is within the financial system in Nepal, the report said.

Against this backdrop, the Ministry of Finance wrote to the Indian Finance Ministry on Thursday requesting that arrangements be made so that Nepalese holding banned Indian notes could replace them with legal tenders here in Nep

1 hour ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

You cannot take 500 or 1000 notes to nepal or bhutan.

My personal experience, Indian currency works there. Not just businesses, A lot of People cross the border in morning for work and go back home in evening.

When I lived in Kolkata, I used to see a lot of Nepalese there too. If I estimate it correctly, they weren't even educated enough to understand where the currency exchange is.

Edited by mishra

27 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

RaGu ..from being a AAPphile to ...kutte-kaminee..Kejri has lost a lot of fans like that..what a letdown.

I am guilty too for supporting him. But unlike a lot of AAP supporters who kept giving him benefit of doubt for inexperience for so long, I gave up at very first instance when he changed the track i.e. stepped down as Delhi CM. Since then he he has gone a long way to convince people like me that we were right to give up. Problem is I still feel angry about myself for being fooled into Supporting this anti national

http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india-demonetisation-effect-running-out-of-cash-naxals-in-pains-to-convert-stocked-money-356766

The surprise move of demonetisation of higher denomination currency notes by the Narendra Modi government has not only sent the black money hoarders into tizzy but also dealt a severe blow to the fundings of Naxalites across several states. 

According to a Times of India report, the Maoist groups, particularly in states of Bihar and Jharkhand, are struggling hard to convert the stocked money, which were mostly in denomination of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 that has been stocked as piles into ‘legal tender’. 

An intelligence officer tracking terror funding to terrorists and separatist elements said that hawala channels had run dry after the scrapping of high denomination currency notes. 

According to the report, intercepts of recent conversations between CPI(Maoist) leaders based in Bihar and Jharkhand have revealed that they are fearing loss of their piles of cash collected through extortion and ‘levy’. 

Meanwhile, government agencies have stepped up surveillance to track money flow in naxal-infested areas. The intelligence agencies have warned that Maoists may target banks and cash vans to make good their losses, leading the security forces to step up vigil. 

It is also believed that senior Maoist leaders have contacted their relatives and friends to explore possibilities of exchanging the cash hoarded by them. 

The Railways has issued circular saying tickets worth Rs 5,000 and above booked between November 16 and 24 will not be refunded over the counter in cash. People who booked such tickets will have to file a TDR (ticket deposit receipt) and get the refund through cheques or ECS.

Regardless of who is in power,the State is so callous is in the way it treats the poor aam admi.

Voting in elections is compulsory here in Au and the state goes out of it's way to make it a easy process.

With so many folks dying of heart attacks why is there no separate line for senior citizens and are Modi's cheerleaders planning to compensate the daily wagers losing their daily wages because they are standing in lines everyday.

Instead of going full retard as he has been doing in his speeches,why was no thought given to printing more money?

21 minutes ago, kabbirann said:

Regardless of who is in power,the State is so callous is in the way it treats the poor aam admi.

Voting in elections is compulsory here in Au and the state goes out of it's way to make it a easy process.

With so many folks dying of heart attacks why is there no separate line for senior citizens and are Modi's cheerleaders planning to compensate the daily wagers losing their daily wages because they are standing in lines everyday.

Instead of going full retard as he has been doing in his speeches,why was no thought given to printing more money?

I don't think it is a matter of oversight. The Indian govt. most probably realized that they did not have the printing capacity to smooth out the short term spikes in cash demand and prolonging the buildup, by printing and hoarding new tenders, could cause potential leaks to the whole plan, thus negating its effectiveness.

Therefore, they probably did an analysis on the 'least painful way' and came up with something like this, where hopefully, the problems are sorted within the month or so and then people would remember it as 'painful but good in the long term'. 

46 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I don't think it is a matter of oversight. The Indian govt. most probably realized that they did not have the printing capacity to smooth out the short term spikes in cash demand and prolonging the buildup, by printing and hoarding new tenders, could cause potential leaks to the whole plan, thus negating its effectiveness.

Therefore, they probably did an analysis on the 'least painful way' and came up with something like this, where hopefully, the problems are sorted within the month or so and then people would remember it as 'painful but good in the long term'. 

yes, too much early preparation would have given out the plan but still the process of releasing new currency had started 5-6 months back.

1 hour ago, kabbirann said:

This is issue of morality and ethics among people. I/We queue up every time but i distinctly remember the period when our child was a toddler and we were struggling people/authorities here in UK always came to me and offered help. Be it with helping with my luggage at station stairs or queues for public transport.

While In India, I also remember that despite authorities asking me to come ahead at airport queue (two instances), others tried to shove/barge their way in ahead of us, After waiting patiently for few to do so, I had to tell them that if we may.

So problem lies with you.  No one is stopping to those in queue to request senior citizens/women with kids to directly go to the counter

The queues are going to get shorter.From today on wards ...the exchange of money will happen with inking of the finger so that the same person cannot keep standing in line at different places one after the other every day.

A lot of the people who are lining up are doing it for exchanging black money....often the workers of the people with black money.

There is news that construction workers are being sent with 4000 rs to exchange money or they are not payed.

The limit for depositing in bpl accounts has been reduced from 2.5 lakhs to rs 50000.

To all the Marie Antoinetteish "let them eat cake"middle class supporters of Modi,may I suggest watching anti-national Ravish Kumar's Prime time where he goes to Khoda near Delhi border which has only 1 bank for a population of 12 lakh and only 70-80 applications being processed everyday.

And people dying of heart attacks is not short-term pain and in any civilised country heads would roll for same.

6 minutes ago, kabbirann said:

To all the Marie Antoinetteish "let them eat cake"middle class supporters of Modi,may I suggest watching anti-national Ravish Kumar's Prime time where he goes to Khoda near Delhi border which has only 1 bank for a population of 12 lakh and only 70-80 applications being processed everyday.

And people dying of heart attacks is not short-term pain and in any civilised country heads would roll for same.

What a load of crap. Population of delhi is 9 million. Which tiwn is this khoda with 1.2 million population? Enlighten us please