Rahul Dravid’s K factor watch thread (formerly Kumble’s)

maniac

Yaar, I think for KL Rahul and Karun nair no one minds, but I'm not quite sure what Pandey has done to be selected in tests. See his recent record in ranji (cricinfo video link below)......mediocre I say. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2016-17/content/story/1071282.html

also in Odis, apart from that one knock in against Aus (which must be boosting his average), I don't remember him contributing anything particularly special that warrant test inclusion 

That can be bit deceiving though .Pandey probably missed a lot of Ranji games as he is part of our odi set up

Yaar, I think for KL Rahul and Karun nair no one minds, but I'm not quite sure what Pandey has done to be selected in tests. See his recent record in ranji (cricinfo video link below)......mediocre I say. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2016-17/content/story/1071282.html

also in Odis, apart from that one knock in against Aus (which must be boosting his average), I don't remember him contributing anything particularly special that warrants test inclusion 

Hmmm....interesting post....who else should have been selected in place of manish

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Karun Nair should be thanking his lucky stars.....drop catch and a poor debut(not entirely his fault) though.

He should be given confidence by the coach and management and he definitely will...absolutely right reasons but right intentions...hmm that is debatable.

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

Karun Nair should be thanking his lucky stars.....drop catch and a poor debut(not entirely his fault) though.

He should be given confidence by the coach and management and he definitely will...absolutely right reasons but right intentions...hmm that is debatable.

Let him get atleast 10% of the chances that Rohit got... He will do much better

1 minute ago, diga said:

Let him get atleast 10% of the chances that Rohit got... He will do much better

Time will tell.....if he does much better than Rohit,we have a match winner on our hands and as an Indian fan I will lap it up with both hands.

Let us hope for the sake of India and Kumble..Rahul,Pandey,Nair and all future young players(regardless of state) all become megastars

I dont think anyone can debate if likes of Rahul , Nair and Pandey being picked for the Indian side . Karnataka has dominated domestic cricket lately cos of these guys .

Rahul is a star in the making , which is a general consensus I think hes still not finished product but could be the next big thing if he can calm his nerves.

Nair has questionable technique against swing bowling , but on the positive hes the best player of spin in India and has a good technique against short bowling and more importantly scores big hundreds . So thats a lot more positives than negatives .

Pandey is where I disagree with most people , I dont think he shuould be in the LOI side , hes a good player but I think hes bit of a misfit in the current side and we have too many players with similar or better LOI skills . I would rather have some one younger take his place too . As a test batsmen though , I feel he is a perfect batsmen for no6 position a real crisis player ..but then again the age factor . So a big NO for me here .

Forget the kumble factor , weather they are good enough are not we will find out soon ..but these guys deserved their chances much earlier than they got imo may be except for Rahul . Nair for all his flaws is 100 times the player Rohit will ever be he should have been in a year back , same with Pandey a consistent perfromar in domestic . Why on earth does Uthappa gets ignored consistently ?  

Infact in the Kar team , Gautham , Gopal and Agarwal are good enough to play for India . I wudnt pick Gowtham again for the age factor and Iam desperate to see pant play for us , but hes definitely better than Saha and without a doubt a better bat than Rohit .

1 hour ago, maniac said:

So looks like no one has the answers of how Vinay has sneaked in :hmmm:

Mithun,Binny,Gautam,Aravind will be sneaked in at some point or the other...of course Kumble is not a moron to make it very blatant..he is one of the smartest cricketers ever to play the game.

:rofl: 

Vinay has been part of the Intl. set up since 2010. Who and why was he selected then?

Hint: domestic performance.  

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Couple of posts ago, Mr acumen Sheikh chilly was criticising Karun Nair selection, right before Nair dropped a triple ton.   A couple of threads over, he will start advocating Nair selection for ODIs now.  Got to admire the resiliency in sticking to his nonsense.  

Can you please show that post???

He should be given confidence by the coach and management 

How did you interpret that?...looks like problem is not with acumen,it is with comprehension skills...we will work to fix it...no worries :)

Edited by maniac