Who names their kid knowing that the name is that of a tyrant?

coffee_rules

@mishra how is Saif Kareena's marraige a love jihad? Where has this discussion reached. Two consenting people want to get married. Neither of them strictly follow their respective faiths and now its a love Jihad?

Most people marry a person. Not a profession or a religion. Yes, those things shape the person, but aren't the reasons one chooses a life partner.

Saif Ali Khan's sister Soha is married to Kunal Khemu. Is he a victim of Love Jihad too?

I have never heard of the name taimur before even in school history class/Subject. Is he being taught in history subjects? I heard of his name only now when saif named his son. Taimur is just a name to me  and the person with the name taimur who committed genocide would have done the same with any other name. How can one be sure that saif chose the name in honor of that Taimur who is infamous.? I personally don't care what saif names his son. I really envy  these people on social media who seem to have such wonderful lives and no problems that plague the other unfortunate indans like roti kapda or makaan  that they make an issue of the this child with an infamous name.

I didn't expect this discussion to reach 5 pages. Bollywood actors/actresses belong to the elite class and they see life differently compared to us, so that leaves out the option of judging them from a perspective of a middle class/common man. We should avoid overthinking such a trivial issue. 

2 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I didn't expect this discussion to reach 5 pages. Bollywood actors/actresses belong to the elite class and they see life differently compared to us, so that leaves out the option of judging them from a perspective of a middle class/common man. We should avoid overthinking such a trivial issue. 

Know that You also contributed if it reaches 6 pages;)

23 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@mishra how is Saif Kareena's marraige a love jihad? Where has this discussion reached. Two consenting people want to get married. Neither of them strictly follow their respective faiths and now its a love Jihad?

Most people marry a person. Not a profession or a religion. Yes, those things shape the person, but aren't the reasons one chooses a life partner.

Saif Ali Khan's sister Soha is married to Kunal Khemu. Is he a victim of Love Jihad too?

Who says a family of moderate can not have someone with twisted ideology.  If a Indian Muslim decides to names his son Taimur, Aurangazeb, Ghazani then no amount of logic or evidence can proove he hasnt got some level of fanatism.

Now you may pooh pooh it but i can guarantee most common Hindus will simply not buy your argument. If you still dont get it, try finding a Hindu with the name Jaichand/Jaychand.

1 hour ago, Book_Worm said:

I have never heard of the name taimur before even in school history class/Subject. Is he being taught in history subjects? I heard of his name only now when saif named his son. Taimur is just a name to me  and the person with the name taimur who committed genocide would have done the same with any other name. How can one be sure that saif chose the name in honor of that Taimur who is infamous.? I personally don't care what saif names his son. I really envy  these people on social media who seem to have such wonderful lives and no problems that plague the other unfortunate indans like roti kapda or makaan  that they make an issue of the this child with an infamous name.

Indian history censors the acts of invaders. Even Akbar, babar are shown in good light even though they used kill and hang heads of Hindu kings to scare their opponents. Arungazeb was shown in poor light only with one sentence saying he imposed jijia tax for Hindus. Since history is manipulated to hide acts of invaders you views are manipulated as well. Just read op and see how many people he killed are you still ok if someone a kid like that ? This same as someone naming their kid as adolf. He is blood thirsty killing machine and eliminated 5 % of world population at his time.  

Edited by gattaca

10 minutes ago, zen said:

FTR, Taimur is responsible for killing 17M ppl. Considering his conquest of Persia, the percentage of Muslims killed by him would be a lot higher 

He eliminated 5% of world population in his time.

Edited by gattaca

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Both his wives are Hindu. He divorced the first one. His father married Hindu too. It might be coincidence but three times is too hard to believe.  I present evidence to the lawyer here why name a kid with a Muslim name if he is not strictly following religion.

Edited by gattaca

11 minutes ago, zen said:

FTR, Taimur is responsible for killing 17M ppl. Considering his conquest of Persia, the percentage of Muslims killed by him would be a lot higher 

True and that makes him a even more blood thirsty savage in the mould of Hitler......why would you name your kid after him?

Karunanidhi had a political agenda and ideology to name his kids after Stalin and Lenin(as wrong it was)

What is Saif's ideology? Either he loves the Arabic Language so much that for some reason the random word Iron in Arabic really attracted him or He was influenced by the conquests of Taimur-only 2 explanations-pick one.

2 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Both his wives are Hindu. He divorced the first one. His father married Hindu too. It might be coincidence but three times is too hard to believe. 

Sharmila became Ayesha,but Pataudi's secular leanings made her keep the "screen name" of Sharmila :hatsoff: to their secularism.

Amrita Singh probably became some Ruksana or Fak-ru-nisaa too.

17 hours ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

But they did kill people. so why name Ashok Sikander. Even Karan fought in the side of adharma. How about Nathuram. That name has Ram in it.

nope you dont understand if he is Dharmic we are cool, if its islamic we are not cool. at all.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

any mulsim guy marrying a non muslim girl could be termed as love jihad, till the time muslim girls are not violently disallowed to marry non muslim boys...unfortunate reality.

17 hours ago, punjabi_khota said:

If Stalin can (will) become chief minister of a state such as TN with a highly educated populace, I think Taimur will do fine.

you seem to have some other agenda with TN ,maybe??. Discuss Taimur boss. Dont try to deviate. 

Stalin did not kill 17 million Indians,Timur did. The discussion is why would one name their kid as Taimur and expect others not to have an opinion on it ?

9 hours ago, Mariyam said:

There wasn't any attempt at deflection. 

I like it how Saif Ali Khan is a historian now, because his wife said so. My husband says I am the most beautiful woman in the world btw.

I do not know what you mean by elitist Muslim machismo? Care to elucidate? What is so elitist about Taimur the conqueror?? :confused:  In probability he was some village hick who only knew how to ride a horse well and kill. And kill indiscriminately he did.

I do not have any intention to stop anyone from coming to any kind of conclusion. But if the conclusion is based on the assumption that Saifeena named their because of Taimur the Conqueror, I can call out people for making a connect that thus far exists only in their minds. 

Elitist as in what Saif could be doing here, going for the purity of Afgan invaders. Ofcourse there is nothing elite about the arse Timur i could go on about some others but would restrain myself because of the forum rules. Anywhooo any islamc machismo will be delt with in the current Indian society, its the reality that we all have to understand and adapt to.

The assumption is oddly well founded i would say, why would you name a baby on a genocider unless you have some ideological connection to it, beats most of the folks here.