Who names their kid knowing that the name is that of a tyrant?

coffee_rules

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Are you hinting at me in this post? Am I a liberal or a Jihadi?

Besides, aren't Jihadis right wingers too?

I was commenting on the new joins from the neighborhood. Besides, I was generalizing  reading posts in SM all over. There is a lot of defense of the issue. We all know it's the parents' choice. But, in case like this, the name is generally recognized among the worst, and people are judgmental. I have observed that the argument of liberals are right wingers among muslims are similar. If you have studied Indian history in CBSE/State board, Timur is a well recognized historic figure known to be a tyrant influenced by radical Islam. The same issue is relevant NOW with ISIS backing similar ideologies of Islam. Not all commenting against this are Hindutva influenced chaddis. Even if we don't know that they were influenced by history to name the kid, they should not be surprised by the backlash or the mock.

On 12/21/2016 at 11:59 PM, Mariyam said:

Why so harsh towards Kareena? I agree she shouldn't have done Refugee and Main Prem Ki Diwani hoon. But everyone picks rubbish movies once in a while.

Nothing to do with her films.....just based on her interviews and the fact that she gyrated to a song that had lyrics like"mein hoon tandoori murgi".(she being a star had an option unlike a lot of others)

22 minutes ago, Vilander said:

you seem to have some other agenda with TN ,maybe??. Discuss Taimur boss. Dont try to deviate. 

Stalin did not kill 17 million Indians,Timur did.

Lol, NO. Timur didn't kill 17 million Indians. India was less than 100 million ..he didn't kill 20% of Indians.

The discussion is why would one name their kid as Taimur and expect others not to have an opinion on it ?

Of course anyone can have an opinion. My opinion is that the name will not have any effect on his future, same as the name Stalin didn't prevent the dude from becoming the chief minister of TN.

Edited by punjabi_khota

This Rishi Kapoor who was questioning naming places after the fake Gandhis is now defending this name :giggle:

Shows that Bollywood folks are full of crap and yes that applies to Anupam Kher too who has been "Pro Modi" these days.  Can't be trusted.

58 minutes ago, maniac said:

True and that makes him a even more blood thirsty savage in the mould of Hitler......why would you name your kid after him?

Karunanidhi had a political agenda and ideology to name his kids after Stalin and Lenin(as wrong it was)

What is Saif's ideology? Either he loves the Arabic Language so much that for some reason the random word Iron in Arabic really attracted him or He was influenced by the conquests of Taimur-only 2 explanations-pick one.

As I said it is hard to judge very distant history with today's lenses. At that time the sword ruled

As for why Saif named his son Tiamur, I dont see merits in speculating. In terms of killing, Timor has killed more muslims than ppl of other religions so it would appear that kill count wasn't considered by him. May be the success of Taimur as a military strategists, founder of an empire, etc were considered. And / Or he simply liked the name 

Edited by zen

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

From Bollywood: probably Naseeruddin Shah. SRK. The late Farooq Shaikh.

These people definitely have a better understanding of social reality.

Hakla is no better. Underworld connections and all, hence the questioning at US airports.

31 minutes ago, punjabi_khota said:

Lol, NO. Timur didn't kill 17 million Indians. India was less than 100 million ..he didn't kill 20% of Indians.

Of course anyone can have an opinion. My opinion is that the name will not have any effect on his future, same as the name Stalin didn't prevent the dude from becoming the chief minister of TN.

what ever dude, he killed a lot so as to make a mountain of skulls in Delhi. 

Ofcouse it wont have any arse effect,cause anyone who tries to do shit with India and his/her gradma will have an impact in modern India. Even if they want to have an effect there wont be any..basically.

How India hands the arse to those who want to have an effect is not the point here.  The point is why would saif the historian elite indian mulsiim nawaw name his baby on a genocider of Indians - Taimur. :)

27 minutes ago, zen said:

As I said it is hard to judge very distant history with today's lenses. At that time the sword ruled

As for why Saif named his son Tiamur, I dont see merits in speculating. In terms of killing, Timor has killed more muslims than ppl of other religions so it would appear that kill count wasn't considered by him. May be the success of Taimur as a military strategists, founder of an empire, etc were considered. And / Or he simply liked the name 

Zen, i request you to not shy away for being politically correct. be respectful to the forum like you always are yet elucidate i am sure you can, how can we accept some one who wants to pose as a liberal indian in the public limelight, smugly naming his offspring on a tyrant genocider of Indians. I would respect guys like owasi ( right wing mulsim yet firmly Indian) more than folks like this. Timur cant be faulted in his time if he did not kill he would have been killed, but why would a much loved and famous yet smug artisan who is having a comfy life in modern secular Indian republic eulogize this medieval scum in what would seem for most simple middle-class folks as the most ultimate eulogy of them all an offsprings name. 

41 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Perhaps it did ? The fecker is 67 already and still not able to become CM :cantstop:

lives on blood transfusions, with the leadership vacuum in the state left with an ailing old Karuna and Jaya gone. if he still done not become the CM then he never will.

4 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@ Vilander and Mishra

Saif's own sister has married a non Muslim. If the Pataudis are the extremists that you paint them to be, why would they have 'let' her marry a non Muslim?

Question is about Saif not the Pataudis for sure. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

What is Saif's ideology? Either he loves the Arabic Language so much that for some reason the random word Iron in Arabic really attracted him or He was influenced by the conquests of Taimur-only 2 explanations-pick one.

Ideology? 

Why does one have to love the Arabic language? It is the language of the Holy Quran and people are named from words with Quranic roots. My name too. Doesn't mean that my parents love the Arabic language. Its like saying your folks love Sanskrit because they gave you a 'random' name originating in that language.

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

Ideology? 

Why does one have to love the Arabic language? It is the language of the Holy Quran and people are named from words with Quranic roots. My name too. Doesn't mean that my parents love the Arabic language. Its like saying your folks love Sanskrit because they gave you a 'random' name originating in that language.

we should definitely try and not bring any holy - x  into this. 

9 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Question is about Saif not the Pataudis for sure. 

:confused:

Saif is a Pataudi. His sister has married a non Muslim. If he were the frothing in the mouth extremist that he is made out to be here, there would be a public show of disaffection. Disowning her from the family etc. If anything, he was quite welcoming of Kunal Khemu. Even made a (rather forgettable) movie -Go Goa Gone, with him.

Edited by Mariyam

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

:confused:

Saif is a Pataudi. His sister has married a non Muslim. If he were the frothing in the mouth extremist that he is made out to be here, there would be a public show of disaffection. Disowning her from the family etc. If anything, he was quite welcoming of Kunal Khemu. Even made a (rather forgettable) movie -Go Goa Gone, with him.

With all due respect, its your glasses that are tinted, with a hate filled hue. And it is distorting your vision.

sorry dont try to make any personal comments ( with respect or otherwise), it will have no impact on me. I have not called him any of that bolded part, he might just be a devout Muslim for all we know.

I am just calling it as i am seeing it, if Saif for instance named his offsping based on his respect for Timur and decides not to care so be it. People would just know from now on.

^^

Agreed. My apologies. Edited.

On the part in bold, you do so say that Saif is basically a Love Jihadist. Any kind of a Jihadist, Love or Violent an extremist. So why would Love Jihadist Saif then make a movie with his sisters infidel husband if he were that parochial?

Would you care to venture a guess?