Who names their kid knowing that the name is that of a tyrant?

coffee_rules

22 hours ago, mishra said:

i can guarantee that the kid will be bullied at school and directors/produces wont give him movie. He will probably still be in Industry , but may be as owner of production company. 

For sure, they have closed the acting/star career of bolly kids  future by naming him to a lame.

Sir Nostradamus, 

What predictions about gehun ki fasal for 2017?

Kya Salman ki shadi hogi?

Kya Dhoni retire hoga?

Edited by Mariyam

4 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Sir Nostradamus, 

What predictions about gehun ki fasal for 2017?

Kya Salman ki shadi hogi?

Kya Dhoni retire hoga?

To be fair to him, I'd expect a kid with an outlandish name like Timur or Hitler or that Napoleon Einstein guy to be open target in school for bullying.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

A lot of friendly padosis come to party, with the same argument about Ashoka, Alexander, "No India before Brits" etc. These people who say it's the parents' prerogative to name their child, will be the first ones to complain about Adolf, Hitler, Stalin, Osama, etc.  I think Liberals and Jihadis always find common ground to counter moderates, people who are in the middle, right-wingers,  (liberals call these people chaddis). 

Are you hinting at me in this post? Am I a liberal or a Jihadi?

Besides, aren't Jihadis right wingers too?

3 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

You raised a point about Saif Ali Khan's behaviour and thoughts not representing those of Indian Muslims. My question is how/why so? 

His upbringing, his being born with a silver spoon, his pedigree are not that of a common Indian. Hence his thought process which is shaped by these do not confirm in anyway to what a common Indian (Muslim or otherwise) would think.

In that respect SRK is a lot more grounded, as he has had a very middle class childhood and teenage.

Edited by Mariyam

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

His upbringing, his being born with a silver spoon, his pedigree are not that of a common Indian. Hence his thought process which is shaped by these do not confirm in anyway to what a common Indian (Muslim or otherwise) would think.

In that respect SRK is a lot more grounded, as he has had a very middle class childhood and teenage.

Fair enough. Now if you don't mind me asking, who would be someone that does reflect the general behaviour and thoughts? Or someone who you think is a good representative? 

PS: please don't suggest the hakla.

1 minute ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Fair enough. Now if you don't mind me asking, who would be someone that does reflect the general behaviour and thoughts? Or someone who you think is a good representative? 

PS: please don't suggest the hakla.

From Bollywood: probably Naseeruddin Shah. SRK. The late Farooq Shaikh.

These people definitely have a better understanding of social reality.

Edited by Mariyam

@ Jalebi: Let me put this question back to you.

If a Brit was to generalize on Indians as a lot on the basis of what he saw/read about Mallya/Subrata Roy, what would your reaction be? Would you consider them apt representatives in the first place?

I find linking of Saif Ali Khan supposed naming of his son after Taimur the conqueror as an Indian Muslim thing wrong on all levels. Very analogous to the example I've given above.

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

A lot of friendly padosis come to party, with the same argument about Ashoka, Alexander, "No India before Brits" etc. These people who say it's the parents' prerogative to name their child, will be the first ones to complain about Adolf, Hitler, Stalin, Osama, etc.  I think Liberals and Jihadis always find common ground to counter moderates, people who are in the middle, right-wingers,  (liberals call these people chaddis). 

You generalize. I don't think naming someone adolf stalin osama is an issue unless parents explicitly specify child is named after the historical figure. 

3 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

You generalize. I don't think naming someone adolf stalin osama is an issue unless parents explicitly specify child is named after the historical figure. 

Except Kareena said that Saif is into history so they picked this name, strongly suggesting that it is named after the actual genocider from Central Asia.

10 hours ago, panther said:

Yh love jihad since when is marrying a Hindu sanctioned by Islam?

So is their marriage void? Dont remember Kareena declaring herself a Muslim before marriage? But before we decided that Muslim men can only marry Christians and jew women let me put to you what your scholars say.

Not just marry, Even Muslim non-Muslim cant be friends too.

Surah Al-e-Imran:

O you who have believed, do not take as intimates those other than yourselves, for they will not spare you [any] ruin.

But, Isnt Love Jihad is arguably justified if in event of circumstantial "compulsion" . if you put "Chaste women <> Jewish Women or Christian women.

1 hour ago, mishra said:

So is their marriage void? Dont remember Kareena declaring herself a Muslim before marriage? But before we decided that Muslim men can only marry Christians and jew women let me put to you what your scholars say.

Not just marry, Even Muslim non-Muslim cant be friends too.

But, Isnt Love Jihad is arguably justified if in event of circumstantial "compulsion" . if you put "Chaste women <> Jewish Women or Christian women.

Yh it's void. Love jihad is a 21st century phenomenon it's not justified.

3 minutes ago, panther said:

Yh it's void. Love jihad is a 21st century phenomenon it's not justified.

panther, It is open to interpretation. Most thing lieing killing infidels, terrorism, Jihad meaning killing eaven barbaric chopping heads of non believers, forcing wife for sex, taxation on non-muslims, slaves and sex slaves, or various other cruel, absurd unfit practice including nulling marriage between Mulim and non Muslims can all be argued to be anti Islamic.

Problem is even if its more than 1% who think any of above is justified. That 1% is too many.

PS: I am not against love marriage between Muslim and non-Muslim but against Love Jihad which Saif seem to have prooved