Jump to content
KeyboardWarrior

Pakistan Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

The President of the association stating that the players stand no chance is pathetic in itself and will be a blow to the morale of the athletes. Shameful.

 

Let's say for olympic qualification in shot put event, you need to throw x metres minimum. And for any chance of a medal , you need to throw x+5 metres . Now since Pakistani athlete is only given a wild card entry, he/she couldn't even throw x metres...and probably her/his life time best is x-5 metres....so president is just stating plain truth.... athletes themselves wouldn't have any hopes of winning a medal at the first place. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, randomGuy said:

 

Let's say for olympic qualification in shot put event, you need to throw x metres minimum. And for any chance of a medal , you need to throw x+5 metres . Now since Pakistani athlete is only given a wild card entry, he/she couldn't even throw x metres...and probably her/his life time best is x-5 metres....so president is just stating plain truth.... athletes themselves wouldn't have any hopes of winning a medal at the first place. 

 

Its still disgraceful. Can't be making such statements to the media even before the event. I can understand him saying this after the games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adi_91 said:

Its still disgraceful. Can't be making such statements to the media even before the event. I can understand him saying this after the games. 

It's not....you will find many individuals/teams saying before an event that their aim is to finish in top 8 or top 10 or top 15 as they know they aren't good enough to win.

 

Ya but it's pretty bad (call it disgraceful if you want) that not a single Pakistani could qualify let alone winning a medal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

It's not....you will find many individuals/teams saying before an event that their aim is to finish in top 8 or top 10 or top 15 as they know they aren't good enough to win.

 

Ya but it's pretty bad (call it disgraceful if you want) that not a single Pakistani could qualify let alone winning a medal.

http://dunyanews.tv/en/Sports/345607-China-says-expects-tough-challenge-for-medals-at-R

 

Looking at the source of this article, looks like the friendship is too strong that Pakistan is considering sharing medals with their ally. :gossip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nova said:

And here in India, the first female Olympic shot-putter, Manpreet Kaur, has been told that she can't take her coach to the Rio Olympics. The reason given was that she is not going to win anyway. Really..that's the reason the Athletic Federation of India comes up with?   :facepalm:

 

 

Terrible. Bias against her because she is a woman maybe? Horrible player management.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nova said:

And here in India, the first female Olympic shot-putter, Manpreet Kaur, has been told that she can't take her coach to the Rio Olympics. The reason given was that she is not going to win anyway. Really..that's the reason the Athletic Federation of India comes up with?   :facepalm:

 

 

IOA is the worst sports association ever.They made a mess about the yogeshwar dutt issue as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Have you seen how many guys are there in Indian team when India does enters flag march in opening/closing ceremony. Ratio of Indian Olympic team vs medal won is probably bets in world. Lets not blame IOA for this.

They are supposed to be blamed for not being able to provide equal opportunity or find talent good enough to be trained and compete at that level. But this is the story of every sports in India.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The recent debate in US about whether Pak is a friend or a foe brings the question as to whether Ind should officially declare Pak its enemy state and cut off all ties with it. I don't think I need to specify why Pak is a foe. 

 

If Ind wants other countries to recognize Pak as a state that not only supports terrorism, but is also a threat to civilization, Ind should take the first step and show the way to the world on how to deal with such states. 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by rett
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unofficially many have already declared Pakistan as enemy of state and would like nothing to do with the country...it just that there is group of people along with successive governments taking softie softie approach with this eneemy state. 

 

Pakistan should have been declared officially as enemy state of India long time ago 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, radhika said:

I think we should stop interaction till they stop sponsoring violence against us.

This two faced monster should not be mollycoddled.It needs a firm hand.

Despite all that Bollywood is bending from all sides to accommodate their artists and singers. It is really galling that they take their TV artists but ignore our own Tv artists who are equally talented and struggle to a get a foothold in bollywood. All because of their market and the money that comes with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...