India should seriously consider and push for 2 international teams

kruiser

Team B player can purposely drop a catch or run his team mates and then jump ship to team A game of thrones style will make cricket more entertaining.

then we can say will Kohli avenge the betrayal etc etc to get more housewives to watch cricket.

or how about we use in and out instead of coin toss.

Have a lot of spare time on hands hence just blurting out revolutionary ideas.

Edited by maniac
48 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Why bother entertaining those pesky foreigners who offer nothing when they come to the country, when you can just play against your own country? Cricket's answer to Brexit and Trump!

wrong conclusions much?  Its well known how welcoming and appreciative Indian cricket fans are, of foreign players.   

This thread is about the fact that for 1.3 billion people, a team of eleven automatically means that a lot of deserving players will never get opportunities.

21 minutes ago, sandeep said:

wrong conclusions much?  Its well known how welcoming and appreciative Indian cricket fans are, of foreign players.   

This thread is about the fact that for 1.3 billion people, a team of eleven automatically means that a lot of deserving players will never get opportunities.

All these years we have been struggling to field a competitive XI outside subcontinent with still being the 2nd largest country. It's not as if we are having this much population only in last few years. Now that we have been playing well in subcontinent and WI in past year we should field 2 XIs?

When we go back to being crap how will we field both XI? The ranking system should also be scrapped otherwise one team will be in 6th position and other team will be below Bangladesh.

With this 1.3 billion population, remind me how many medals we won in Olympics?

Edited by Forever Indian
36 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Woah!!!! I was making a joke! Usually I'd put a winky face or something to emphasise the joke aspect but I forgot.

Tbh I hoped Malcolm would see it first. He's a fan of my Brexit jokes :winky:

8 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Woah!!!! I was making a joke! Usually I'd put a winky face or something to emphasise the joke aspect but I forgot.

Tbh I hoped Malcolm would see it first. He's a fan of my Brexit jokes :winky:

Wasn't quite apparent that you were joking there.  No worries. 

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Wasn't quite apparent that you were joking there.  No worries. 

I know. Thought it was a bit risqué but I ran with it :biggrin:

For future reference anything referencing politics from me is a joke, because that is all politics is good for!

7 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

All these years we have been struggling to field a competitive XI outside subcontinent with still being the 2nd largest country. 

This idea is regarding LOI tournaments and no test cricket

7 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

When we go back to being crap how will we field both XI? The ranking system should also be scrapped otherwise one team will be in 6th position and other team will be below Bangladesh.

If 2 teams were to be fielded then the India Seniors cannot be diluted and the best players available will be chosen.    It will be the same as it is now and hence as strong.

The A team will be the 2nd team.

18 hours ago, YCCC said:

Why bother entertaining those pesky foreigners who offer nothing when they come to the country, when you can just play against your own country? Cricket's answer to Brexit and Trump!

Jokes apart, You can not fault the mindset, with what is happening in the revenue sharing model. India with its 1.2 bil population and 50 odd stadiums and associations get 290 mil and SL/Pak with their dainty 30-180 mil populaiton and 10-20 odd stadiums get 120 mil and to top that India contributes 75% of the revenue. India has been made a percapita beggar ofcourse they would want to go it alone. Its a bit like what UK felt with EU, without the immigrant worked bit, we like our seasonal Eng/AUS/SA/WI cricketers in IPL, proof is there in the contracts that these guys win.