Indian shot dead in Kansas bar, shooter shouted 'get out of my country'

Haarkarjeetgaye

On 2/25/2017 at 3:01 AM, kubrickian said:

Good for you but it doesnt have anything to do with what I said. I was just wondering why some people have to leave their friends and family and their own place behind just so they can make a bit more money abroad. Its not the same situation as 20 years ago in India. Some of my friends who are working in IT typically earn 1.5 - 2 lakhs per month and that money goes a long way in India. They are not particularly great programmers either. There are millions of people like that in India who are employed in IT and other business sectors. Hell, even call center employees earn 50k and more nowadays and that requires almost no skills.

Money is not the only factor in play here. There are many other factors that contribute to a good quality of life - such as less pollution, less disease, quality education for kids emphasizing on all-round development rather than rote learning, more bang for buck (I can afford a mansion in Texas v/s a small accommodation in a remote suburb if I were living in Mumbai), no struggle in getting basic life amenities such as regular water supply, electricity and fast internet, less time spent in commute, lack of bureaucracy, lack of corruption, etc. All of these factors add up to a better quality of life in developed countries.

The Indian government truly messed up by not having population control back in the 1950s/60s/70s.

Things like law and order, pollution etc would be so much easier to control and there would be less competition for jobs. Then maybe this obsession for going abroad wouldn't be there.

As for the rights to immigrate to USA, no Indian would want to move to America if it was still inhabited by just Red Indians. The Anglo whites made the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand the first world countries they are today. Yes in the process the committed atrocities against the natives but they are now highly developed countries that Indians want to move to.

The Indian culture and mentality needs to change a lot before India becomes a developed country.

24 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

The Indian government truly messed up by not having population control back in the 1950s/60s/70s.

Things like law and order, pollution etc would be so much easier to control and there would be less competition for jobs. Then maybe this obsession for going abroad wouldn't be there.

As for the rights to immigrate to USA, no Indian would want to move to America if it was still inhabited by just Red Indians. The Anglo whites made the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand the first world countries they are today. Yes in the process the committed atrocities against the natives but they are now highly developed countries that Indians want to move to.

The Indian culture and mentality needs to change a lot before India becomes a developed country.

And this justifies the shooting of an innocent civilian in a race related violence how?

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

And this justifies the shooting of an innocent civilian in a race related violence how?

His immense wisdom says, if India was as developed as the whites did it in USA, then nobody from India would move to USA and hence, nobody would have a reason to kill an Indian in USA as they are all happy in India.

12 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

His immense wisdom says, if India was as developed as the whites did it in USA, then nobody from India would move to USA and hence, nobody would have a reason to kill an Indian in USA as they are all happy in India.

Exactly. Why would Indians need to move in large numbers to other countries? Look at the Japanese, they mostly all live in Japan and most of them can't even speak English that well. India is still subsurvient to Anglos and wants to be looked after by them.

23 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Exactly. Why would Indians need to move in large numbers to other countries? Look at the Japanese, they mostly all live in Japan and most of them can't even speak English that well. India is still subsurvient to Anglos and wants to be looked after by them.

Once again....what is the point of this gyaan....does it justify the killing? I am not sure what you are trying to say.

11 hours ago, Sajid_Rana said:

Sad incident but no one forced them to come to America. 

I guess they went there to get killed and not to work at Garmin which needs such people

Edited by zen

4 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Sounds exactly like the Americans.  They mostly live in America and most of them cannot speak English that well.

5 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Specious logic. The Goras wanted to and migrated to America when it was still inhabited by just Red Indians. So did the Chinese and Vikings and other ethnic/national groups.

And Indians have migrated to not just to the Anglo nations. Indians (and all of humanity) has been migrating for centuries. Heard of the gypsies of Eastern Europe? Thats just how things are.

Having said that, none of this has anything to do with the despicable murder of the Indian citizen there.

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Sounds exactly like the Americans.  They mostly live in America and most of them cannot speak English that well.

At least they are speaking their mother tongue. And many Indians feel proud if they can speak English. 

8 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Japan isn't a good example. Its pretty much the only country that was officially xenophobic for hundreds of years and you could be beheaded for leaving Japan without official permission of the emperor- even for just a day. 

Japan has been historically very insular a culture, which isn't a surprise given they are an island nation on the edge of the world. India has been historically a very multicultural nation and melting pot of ethnicities, which also isn't a surprise, since we sit smack in the middle of Asia and is the first lush, vegetated land east of Greece and west of eastern china. So everyone flocked here throughout the ages.

So why should we ignore our historic model and copy Japan ?

9 hours ago, Ranvir said:

I agree with bolded part. The reason I would say is we haven't been competent enough.... which is why there's so much trade deficit, the need to import technology, the need to devalue currency.

OK we don't have oil. But if we were competent enough, we would have invented some alternatives by now such as electric vehicles. China also imports hydrocarbons but produces and exports every other thing on the planet to easily compensate for oil import.

Development and good facilities etc. is there in many parts of India now. 

So it's all about the money in most cases. If exchange rate was 15/- per usd , noone would migrate from India.

Edited by randomGuy

5 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I agree with bolded part. The reason I would say is we haven't been competent enough.... which is why there's so much trade deficit, the need to import technology, the need to devalue currency.

OK we don't have oil. But if we were competent enough, we would have invented some alternatives by now such as an electric vehicles. China also imports hydrocarbons but produces and exports every other thing on the planet to easily compensate for oil import.

So it's all about the money in most cases. If exchange rate was 15/- per usd , noone would migrate from India.

If the reason was to do with competency, then indians wouldn't be moving overseas in droves to SE Asia and far-flung corners of Eurasia a thousand + years ago, when we were the richest and most affluent society on the planet.

We do it, because we come from a culture that is accepting of foreigners and foreign concepts.

6 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

OK we don't have oil. But if we were competent enough, we would have invented some alternatives by now such as an electric vehicles. China also imports hydrocarbons but produces and exports every other thing on the planet to easily compensate for oil import.

If its about money, then why are the most PIOs i speak to (who chose to became PIO),including myself, point out quality of life and quality of society as decisive, not money ?

I could make more money in India than here actually because my company has offered me the same job, same salary, in India. I am sure you'd realize while 100K+ is comfortable in North America, its 'kings ransom' in India. And still i refused. If it was for money, i'd be heading back in a second.