Rate K L Rahul. He will become stellar

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Chaps you have no patience 

anyway he seen him bat will

see the quality and abilty at this level . Yes been loose and making mental errors. But mental errors can easily be ironed out . Frankly in this test saw big improvement , no areial shots and much more patient . So already improving and learning , great signs . 

Will only get better and better 

I have been a fan of him from u-19 days and I think the last player I was so confident about making it big was Virat . Virat was a more complete player even in age group stage imo , even back then he hardly had any flaws in batting . Rahul is not as complete , tough I dont see any obvious flaws in technqiue but lets just say hes not virat but has always had this knack of scoring at ease on difficult pitches . Just need to check score boards of matches when his teams have struggled badly , be it U-19 or for for his state side . IIRC not just in the u-19 WC , India U-20 played in some Asia cup few years back in Singapore and I think every match was low scoring teams barely corssing 150 and KL was the top scorer in every match . That part he seems to have translated into international cricket . Hes also scored some big hunderds for his state , if can start doing that for India ..hes not jut going to play for a long time , could be our best test player in 2-3 years time . 

17 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Actually the only one apart from Kohli currently.

I do believe Rahane is better in LOIs than he is made out to be, at least on potential.

Rahane can be decent for Odis potentially however for t20 definately not.

Maybe Karun Nair could be another one .

Edited by Bleed-Blue
11 minutes ago, Bleed-Blue said:

Rahane can be decent for ODIs? When? He is almost 29 years old. He has been playing ODIs for more than 5 years. his average is barely 32. His strike rate is under 80. Only 2 hundreds.

when are we going to see this ODI potential of Rahane?

1 hour ago, Bleed-Blue said:

1 hour ago, Sidhoni said:

Actually the only one apart from Kohli currently.

I do believe Rahane is better in LOIs than he is made out to be, at least on potential.

No. Rahane is shyte in shorter formats including odis. The guy has no idea how to build an innings in shorter formats, can't hit big and struggles to get a move on despite getting his eye in. He has been given an extended run and a lot of opportunities and hasn't shown any improvement. Folks like Jadhav had to sit on the sidelines coz of Rahane and it's time we move on from Rahane. I would prefer Kedar Jadhav, Manish Pandey and Shreyas Iyer in place of Rahane and I would even go with left field selections such as Hooda or Samson before going with Rahane.

I hope he stays agressive and sticks to his strength. 

Our Indian coaches and fans rather see him getting out nicking to keeper or lbw or caught at short leg while defending a ball on a 0 than see him scoring 50 on a tough pitch but get caught on a boundary. Luckily Hayden, Gilchrist never played for India or they have become another tuktuks like Akash chopras

I hope he stays agressive and sticks to his strength. 

Our Indian coaches and fans rather see him getting out nicking to keeper or lbw or caught at short leg while defending a ball on a 0 than see him scoring 50 on a tough pitch but get caught on a boundary. Luckily Hayden, Gilchrist never played for India or they have become another tuktuks like Akash chopras

Yeah like Sehwag never played for India

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

When he was only scoring 100s, people were saying he is boom or bust. Now he scored 3 50s in a row, people saying he should have scored 100s. It doesn't work like that. 

And this pitch is not where you can make a big hundred. Fifty is gold on this pitch. He's the reason why we even have a fighting chance.

3 minutes ago, laaloo said:

And this pitch is not where you can make a big hundred. Fifty is gold on this pitch. He's the reason why we even have a fighting chance.

Yes, his counter attacking approach was decisive and team was off to a flier in 2nd innings.

Rahul takes the pitch out of equation. Even on slow tracks his timing is less affected than other batsman. He has played just 14 tests and people expect him to play like an experienced batsman with more responsibility. He will start doing that as he plays more and more.