Baahubali 2 - Releases this Friday .India's most awaited release ever

BeautifulGame

4 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Seen part 1. Not the second as yet. Much of it is hype. I am sure many Telugu movies are better. It became a matter of Telugu pride, hence the long queues i suppose.

Sure the special effects are very good (talking about part 1). But the acting, story, sensibilities etc. everything seemed ordinary. If they had borrowed these things from Bollywood, it would have been much better. I watch very few movies, but I liked Bajirao Mastani's starting part very much...although it was very difficult to sit through the 2nd part. One southern movie from childhood I loved very much was Hindustani. Chachi 420 was also a remake of a Tamil movie. Kamal Haasan - quite good.

:hysterical::hysterical:

26 minutes ago, Zelig said:

Are you having a laugh? 

As bad and unbearable most Bollywood actors are, there are some decent ones in some roles as well. Prabhas and Daggubati are absolute s hit in front of Ranvir Singh if you compare Bahubali and Baajirao.

Mind you, I am beyond north vs south rivalry. Being from North, I always look forward to pointing out things where south>north. Even where both are same more or less, I am biased towards south.

The response to this movie is largely due to the fact that Bollywood has completely alienated its mass audiences and believed in a certain sensibility thinking its the right approach.

Art is subjective. There is no good or bad cinema. To each his own. Just because a movie has a certain sensibility that you may not appreciate doesnt mean its inherently a bad movie. 

Bollywood movies commercial success is still underwhelming and has underachieved given its reach all over the country whereas telugu or tamil movies mostly operate within a territory and yet get revenues which can be comparable to Bollywood.

The reason is the latter make movies which the audiences can connect or relate to on a much deeper level and their sensibility is closer to its core audience whereas Bollywood movies are made by an elite bunch who are largely disconnected to the masses and live in their own bubble. 

When was the last time you watched a Bollywood mainstream movie and felt its very Indian ? How many mainstream Bollywood movies have a middle class Indian or lower class Indian as its main protagonist ? Even Drishyam is a remake of a Malayalam movie.

Even in terms of culture, Bollywood movies are mostly inspired by western culture or middle east culture unlike Bahubali which takes its inspiration from Mahabharata and Ramayana and hence people felt proud watching it because it reflected their ethos, values and heritage and celebrated them.

Just saw Baahubali 2 today and have to say WOW!!!

let me get a few things straight here and clear a few things to be subjective

this is not one of those fun north vs south, Bollywood vs "South Indian"'film industry things at stake here

neither this is about hyping and "Indian movie" or "Telugu pride" bull crap

also one more thing...when I saw part 1 despite I felt it was a a+ for effort I did feel a little underwhelmed given the hype it got and was annoyed at the cliffhanger ending

now having said that my opinion on part 2 without any spoilers 

fantastic and incredible and may I add for an Indian movie here because obviously if your benchmark is game of thrones and lord of the rings you will never be satisfied.

@laaloo @coffee_rules and @vayuu1 who have already watched it feel free to disagree with me but I felt the king coronation scene was truly epic and will become one of the most iconic scenes of Indian cinema.

as far as story goes and the acting goes it was top notch. 

The action scenes were incredible and for a change you can actually suspend your disbelief because this is a fantasy I mean sure we have done that before for more non-fantasy commercial crap be it South Indian cinema or Bollywood.

yes there are some negatives like from 10 minutes into the movie till may be About mins 25 minutes mark there is some nonsense comedy and romantic angle...i almost felt they are going to fk this up but once it picks up there is never a dull moment.

now on one hand we say hey this doesn't have the "depth" of lord of the rings etc and story seems to be taken from Ramayana and Mahabharata...of course it will be..we need to be inspired by our own epic than some other culture so I will give them a pass.

I loved it and thoroughly enjoyed it...if you go with an intention of criticizing every single aspect and comparing it with Hollywood or other movies you will not enjoy it and then again good chance you will not enjoy any movie.

forget the hype forget that you have to prove a point and just enjoy it as an Indian movie and good chance you will love it.

Edited by maniac

One of my Southie friends went to see it in theatre...faaking paid $30 for tickets...(the guy who wouldn't even give a dollar to the homeless)..apparently had to go tatti but held it til the end because he did not want to miss the ending...was it really that good? 

@maniac

Yep King Coronation scene was definitely epic. My fav scene was when devesena is in court. Baahubali comes behind Sethu and intimidates him. Then he walks up to Devesena, and says "Haan, devsene ne ungli kaati, yeh galat kiya, iska toh sar katna tha or something like that" and proceeds to chop his head off back handed. That was a great scene. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

King's coronation, Court scene devasena, 

Reveal hidden contents

kattappa killing Bahubali is also an epic scene, quite well edited and poignant. The start of war when she walks with Ballala's son's head. 

The end fight scenes were a bit laughworthy when they start flying in bunches was a bit too much to digest.

Agree with this...I had the same thought..

I will add one other scene.. three arrow shooting scene with devasena against pidaris..those three scenes were epic...

friends who watched the movie have only positive things to say ..

seems first part is still better than the second , but still a good movie ..

2nd is definitely better than first

Only thing I would say is the songs in first part were much better

5 hours ago, zubinpepsi said:

Agree with this...I had the same thought..

I will add one other scene.. three arrow shooting scene with devasena against pidaris..those three scenes were epic...

yes, there was a scene earlier when she tried with two arrows and had failed. quite convincing with the fictional timing of the scene.

f all liberals complaining abt logic, will be wide-eyed with star wars. fast-furious BS.