What is the Point of Rohit Sharma in Test Team?

I clearly fail to understand the investment that selectors are making into Rohit Sharma. He is going to be 31 in April. With current set up, he is not going to be in starting 11, unless there is an injury to Rahane/Kohli/Pujara. That means that for 31 years old player to get one game here and there seems pointless to me. In couple of years, when Kohli/Rahane/Pujara will be at end of their careers, Rohit will not be the one who will need to take over the important roles from them. It will be someone from next generation who will be hitting his peak years 27-33 batting wise. 

Are these selectors/management incompetent or there is some vision behind the selection? 

25 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

I clearly fail to understand the investment that selectors are making into Rohit Sharma. He is going to be 31 in April. With current set up, he is not going to be in starting 11, unless there is an injury to Rahane/Kohli/Pujara. That means that for 31 years old player to get one game here and there seems pointless to me. In couple of years, when Kohli/Rahane/Pujara will be at end of their careers, Rohit will not be the one who will need to take over the important roles from them. It will be someone from next generation who will be hitting his peak years 27-33 batting wise. 

Are these selectors/management incompetent or there is some vision behind the selection? 

Bunty aur Babli, Bunty aaaaaur Babli..........

Do you know what should replace Babli in the jingle above?  Hint: It does rhyme with Bubli.  

You know its a good if a captain is backing a player but starnge he is backing a wrong horse so much who has weaknesses of no limit 

And a guy who scored 300 isnt backed. 

Someone like KL who can be next best all format batsman after kohli isnt backed 

Pant - usko to dekha bhi nhin

Pujara after a few failure will start finding his place in danger from Rohit . 

8 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

well seeing as how dhoni has been masquerading as a test player when playing odis for the past few years, that could very well happen

Well we can use his lunges against Rabada,Philander,Morkel etc on a spicy pitch in tests but unfortunately in tests he will try to come down the track and try to smash them T20 style and behave like a buffoon 

Edited by maniac
20 minutes ago, maniac said:

Well we can use his lunges against Rabada,Philander,Morkel etc on a spicy pitch in tests but unfortunately in tests he will try to come down the track and try to smash them T20 style and behave like a buffoon 

like this :phehe: