Kohli pick KL Rahul - so much for ICF conspiracies

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

Well done kohli, proved himsef by playing KLR in this test match, regarding conspiracy, may be its that ex-captaan who was master of such things is behind all such conspiracys in odi n t20s???, you never know.... :hmmmm2:

What am i missing here . Viart has proved himself by not dropping a batsmen whos scored 50s in the last 6 innings ? 

16 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

What am i missing here . Viart has proved himself by not dropping a batsmen whos scored 50s in the last 6 innings ? 

Eventhough he scored 50s  Some people here had doubt about kohli dropping kl for his buddy Rohit, him not wanting a second superstar in the team, having agenda against kl  bla bla bla... All such theories has been put to rest

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Eventhough he scored 50s  Some people here had doubt about kohli dropping kl for his buddy Rohit, him not wanting a second superstar in the team, having agenda against kl  bla bla bla... All such theories has been put to rest

no there was no such doubts coz Rahul is an opener. Rohit isnt.

6 minutes ago, speedheat said:

The fact that Rohit is in the squad itself is a joke . Secondly , his buddy Dhawan is playing ahead of VJ . Hes dropped Puajara/VJ in the past to accommodate Dhawan and Rohit . Rohit will make into the team eventually . I honestly will not be surprised if we play with 5 batsmen in SA and two of them are Dhawan and Rohit .

What is the point OP is trying to make? There was no way KL Rahul could have been dropped today after that stellar series against the Aussies in March. Had he not played Dhawan today, may be I would have called him unbiased, this team is looking more like Kohli and Friends rather than Team India. 

9 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

The fact that Rohit is in the squad itself is a joke . Secondly , his buddy Dhawan is playing ahead of VJ . Hes dropped Puajara/VJ in the past to accommodate Dhawan and Rohit . Rohit will make into the team eventually . I honestly will not be surprised if we play with 5 batsmen in SA and two of them are Dhawan and Rohit .

Agree dhawn over vj on a green track was a blunder

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you need batsman like Vijay on a green track. He may fail but that would still be a good selection. Dhawan is a proven failure in test cricket. 

Agreed. But I can understand he is taking a risk and I bet he will switch back to VJ soon if it doesn't work. 

4 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Agree dhawn over vj on a green track was a blunder

You cant have one opener for green tracks and one for flat in Tests . its bad for VJ , Dhawan as well as KL who would need a settled partner at other end . 

we play 10-12 tests in a year and how do you expect VJ to be ready just for overseas tours ? 

Also , what exactly is the big gain of Dhawan scoring quickly on some of these flat pitches . Viru scored much faster , when most other batsmen scored ~45-50 SR and that made difference in some matches , these days most batsmen score at 55-65 SR on flat pitches and to make a difference to result even if one batsmen scores a 150 at 100 SR ( his overall SR is 65 not 80 btw) the team will get to a score of 500 may be at best ~8-10 overs before . I honestly dont see a point . 

15 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

You cant have one opener for green tracks and one for flat in Tests . its bad for VJ , Dhawan as well as KL who would need a settled partner at other end . 

we play 10-12 tests in a year and how do you expect VJ to be ready just for overseas tours ? 

Also , what exactly is the big gain of Dhawan scoring quickly on some of these flat pitches . Viru scored much faster , when most other batsmen scored ~45-50 SR and that made difference in some matches , these days most batsmen score at 55-65 SR on flat pitches and to make a difference to result even if one batsmen scores a 150 at 100 SR ( his overall SR is 65 not 80 btw) the team will get to a score of 500 may be at best ~8-10 overs before . I honestly dont see a point . 

This I fully agree with, dhawan scored hundred in last series vs SL  so may be kohli is banking on that but still no excuse vj is much better technique wise than dhawan, good thing is its green mamba in first test and dhawn was exposed in his first inning same might be the case in second as well, sooner or later kohli will realized it, vj is must in SA.