Vijay Shankar (Batting Pacer Allrounder) - Performance Watch thread

2 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

We won't even need 5th bowler in South African Condition to take wickets, but more to keep one end tight for 10 overs a day or so. 

If he is a proper batsman, and can bowl tight for few overs here and there when main bowlers are taking rest, i would play him over Pandya. 

NO Chance...Hardik is a true Allrounder..Kapil dev type,,this is a Makshift Allrounder like Binny.

Hardik is going to become a GREAT INDIA PLAYER like Virat KOHLI. please don't compare Horse with a Mule.

INDIAN team's biggest Assets today are Virat Kohli,Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah,Rohit Sharma,Shikhar dhawan,SHammi,Chetashwar Pujara and BHUVI.

Some of them dont play ODI/Tests . rahane can also be replaced if he fails in a few tests.

6 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

I thought his bowling would be worse.. Pleasantly surprised. However he's more of a batsman as OP mentioned. How fast did he bowl btw?

120s I think. looked pretty toothless. would have liked to see him bat instead of pandey and panth.

5 hours ago, Vijy said:

120s I think. looked pretty toothless. would have liked to see him bat instead of pandey and panth.

Be patient i have seen this guy bat n bowl for a while ,he is good enough just to be in the team as a bat, classy n has power game as well, someone i would even look at in tests, also seems like smart n hardworking guys, fields well,also his bowling could be a surprise he gets bounce n moves the ball n i see him bowling 130 n above in future, i hope we pick uim for England tour even test n odi n t20

1 hour ago, flamy said:

He was just about hitting 130s, which means he needs to be clever with variations and such.

See he is a tall lad n a pace of 128 to 135 with some skills will work well, i saw him move the ball as well n getting some bounce, needs more games at this level but i would love to see him in test odi n india A

He is a slightly faster dibbly dobbly bowler with a bit of swing. Probably 5 clicks faster than Stuart Binny. I think that is as far as he can go. Not a natural fast bowler.  So his skill level has to be very high to be successful.  He could be like Anderson for NZ. But Anderson is a beast with bat. For Vijay just to be in the side as this kind of option has to be a very good stroke player and a solid fieldsman. Nothing less. Because bowlers like him can be targeted. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He is a slightly faster dibbly dobbly bowler with a bit of swing. Probably 5 clicks faster than Stuart Binny. I think that is as far as he can go. Not a natural fast bowler.  So his skill level has to be very high to be successful.  He could be like Anderson for NZ. But Anderson is a beast with bat. For Vijay just to be in the side as this kind of option has to be a very good stroke player and a solid fieldsman. Nothing less. Because bowlers like him can be targeted. 

NZ's allrounders are all power hitters, not just Corey Anderson. There's Anderson, Neesham, Grandhomme and Munro. Shankar seems to be more of a "proper" batsman (whatever that means).

Just now, Vijy said:

NZ's allrounders are all power hitters, not just Corey Anderson. There's Anderson, Neesham, Grandhomme and Munro. Shankar seems to be more of a "proper" batsman (whatever that means).

Yes they can score at strike rate of 200 from time to time.  All of them. India has nothing but Pandya. If he doesn't work out Hooda might be another option given that Raina can bowl a couple of overs. 

14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes they can score at strike rate of 200 from time to time.  All of them. India has nothing but Pandya. If he doesn't work out Hooda might be another option given that Raina can bowl a couple of overs. 

in this series, hooda should have played a lot more games. and it was strange that krunal p was not even in consideration.