Need a counterattack from Hitman and Pandya

SK_IH

1 minute ago, gattaca said:

Lol let’s see how the match goes on. Counter attack can lead to quick wickets. We are not a stage nor we have the depth to do that.

neither were SA at 12-3 but AB changed the game and pushed India on the backfoot

Can’t ask Pujara to change his game but someone like Rohit and Pandya must play their natural game. Don’t try to be over aggressive but do what they usually do in ODi’s and they can then help india get closer to RSA’s total or else we are looking at a massive south african lead.

Just now, SK_IH said:

they were playing a batsman short as well

Their lower order is good. Look what the guys philander , Maharaj and Rabada scored. Almost 80 runs. Don’t have the trust in Ashwin may be bhuvi can but that it. Bumrah doesn’t even bat and shami is also also like that.

1 minute ago, gattaca said:

Their lower order is good. Look what the guys philander , Maharaj and Rabada scored. Almost 80 runs. Don’t have the trust in Ashwin may be bhuvi can but that it. Bumrah doesn’t even bat and shami is also also like that.

Yes I don't have much expectations from lower order as well Ashwin included but I hope we somehow get close to SA score and that is possible only when there is a mindset to score as well

10 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Can’t ask Pujara to change his game but someone like Rohit and Pandya must play their natural game. Don’t try to be over aggressive but do what they usually do in ODi’s and they can then help india get closer to RSA’s total or else we are looking at a massive south african lead.

Exactly

1 minute ago, goose said:

Disagree, all our batsmen need to do this the painstaking way, this is our warm up game and they to need spend time at the crease and then consider more expansive play if and when well set. 

warm up game :cantstop:

I think more chances of not saving the follow on if follow the painstaking route

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I concur. Pujara has an extraordinary temperament but just doesn't have the range of strokes or the power game to counter attack. We need him to play the anchor while the likes of Rohit and Pandya tee off. 

Yes ,Pujara can stay there but others around him have to make runs ,SA should know they can be pushed on the backfoot as well.