Congratulations Afghanistan - 80% cargo traffic shifted from Pak to Iran

sandeep

And well done India.   Took forever to get this going though.

http://www.atimes.com/article/afghan-port-shift-adds-pakistans-economic-woes//

Afghanistan has shifted 80% of its cargo traffic from Pakistan’s Karachi seaport to Iran’s Bandar Abbas and Chabahar ports. The move comes two months after Chabahar, barely 100 kilometers from Pakistan’s Gwadar port, was inaugurated.  The shift, prompted in part by a new trade tariff imposed by Islamabad, is expected to greatly reduce Pakistan’s role in the transit of Afghan goods.

Pakistani business leaders believe that more Afghan trade will eventually shift to the strategic Chabahar Port, as it is Iran’s closest sea link to the Indian Ocean. The first phase of Shahid Beheshti Port in the Sistan-Balochistan province was commissioned last year. It is expected that  US$5 billion worth of Afghan trade will be conducted solely through the tripartite Chabahar Port – sponsored jointly by India, Iran, and Afghanistan – once it starts feeding the International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC).

8 hours ago, velu said:

geopolitics is super complicated ..

russia and china vs usa

russia and iran vs usa

usa and india vs china

china and pak vs india

india , afg and iran vs pak

Yeah India is friends with both Iran and Israel. They don’t won’t to hurt Muslim sentiments by commenting on Palestine. China loves Pakistan but will do trade with India. Pakistan loves Middle East but the Arab kings love to do trade with India :hmmm:

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Yeah India is friends with both Iran and Israel. They don’t won’t to hurt Muslim sentiments by commenting on Palestine. China loves Pakistan but will do trade with India. Pakistan loves Middle East but the Arab kings love to do trade with India :hmmm:

In international relations , there are no permanent friends or enemies ,  only permanent interests.

21 hours ago, sukhoi said:

What will happen after Taliban takes over Afghanistan will it be merged with Gwadar Port with no access to India who gave money to built it in the first place.

Are you 12 years old? How would a port in Iran be "merged" with one in Pakistan? 

35 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Are you 12 years old? How would a port in Iran be "merged" with one in Pakistan? 

What I meant was if Taliban takes over Afghanistan, would see abundant reduction in Trade with Afghanistan, and also with Non State actors it would put pressure on Iran to not let India IN, a theif will always be theif and live on others income

5 hours ago, sukhoi said:

What I meant was if Taliban takes over Afghanistan, would see abundant reduction in Trade with Afghanistan, and also with Non State actors it would put pressure on Iran to not let India IN, a theif will always be theif and live on others income

You need to educate yourself on this before spouting off utter nonsense.

5 hours ago, sukhoi said:

If Taliban takes over, We are done. Simply done as its Pakistan US and Taliban, which are doing the deal, And i can allways trust what Pakistan will do.

Iran Is fighting Saudis  and Israel and as a result, It will never have many friends and will allway see India as its friend. Unless offcourse, China screws us.

I will not be surprised if India decides to put some boots on Afghani ground for training their Military or even Talliban government if I may say. But I don’t think we have reached such a stage in global diplomacy.

If Taliban takes over, We are done. Simply done as its Pakistan US and Taliban, which are doing the deal, And i can allways trust what Pakistan will do.

Iran Is fighting Saudis  and Israel and as a result, It will never have many friends and will allway see India as its friend. Unless offcourse, China screws us.

I will not be surprised if India decides to put some boots on Afghani ground for training their Military or even Talliban government if I may say. But I don’t think we have reached such a stage in global diplomacy.
I hope that's not the case but it looks like US and Taliban are having a deal brokered by a theif

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

On 3/19/2019 at 5:34 AM, sukhoi said:

What will happen after Taliban takes over Afghanistan will it be merged with Gwadar Port with no access to India who gave money to built it in the first place.

Chabahar port you mean. 

And India did not build the Chabahar port just for Afghanistan. Its part of the NSTC project and it benefits a whole host of Central Asian countries as the northern sections get built. This is because Chabahar to Herat to Samarkand route is not only shorter than Samarkand-Kabul-Peshawar-Gwadar route, it also does not have to cross an imposing mountain chain that acts as a choke point of traffic ( the Salang tunnel). 

Linking Afghanistan is vital for the project TODAY, as they are the nearest customers and has geo-political gain for India ( by seperating Afghan dependency on Pakistan). But the viability of Chabahar is not contingent on Afghan participation in the long term. 

24 minutes ago, straight_drive said:

I hope that's not the case but it looks like US and Taliban are having a deal brokered by a theif

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

What options we have? Saudis will probably compensate us in $$$. Our relationship with Saudis will define our relationship with Afghani Taliban.

BTW Russian are not very far if too much of America enters in Taliban

Also Don’t be naive. :giggle:India Iran trade, which is mostly undeclared will continue to significantly increase. Afghan trade are just mask and biproduct.